Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow of Mordor (Shadow of War)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Oh i'll be watching the proper ending on YouTube, just like i did with Arkham Knight. No way in hell i'm going through that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So uh, I'm actually really enjoying this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

This article does make me want to buy it actually

http://www.pcgamer.com/****-this-one-particular-orc/

Mozu, chief orc basterd

Edit:

Link will not work because it contains the word f*ck.

pcgamer.com/f**k-this-one-particular-orc/

Add letters as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Sonics2k wrote: »
    So uh, I'm actually really enjoying this.

yeah me too, onto third region now and having lot's of fun

I'm also enjoying it. It's a shame that a rather good game has been **** all over by bad decisions from (i assume) the publisher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

just finishing in the second region my first were a bit bad, but im really enjoying it now and since i pirated it cause i thought feck those loot boxes i havent really noticed them or had an issue finding higher tier orcs or what ever so im now to going to buy it so yeah. How are the online fort battle things ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I kicked this off the other day on PC. Not very far in but finding it pretty easy.
    I'm playing on whatever the default difficulty is and haven't started recruiting orcs etc. yet. I only just got the ability to call humans to my side.
    Should I up the difficulty or will the difficulty increase as I progress into the recruiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I found the first game actually got easier as you progressed, maybe a bit like the witcher there. Would definitely say to go up to the hardest setting for this type of game.

I found it got tougher after the first area, and ended up turning the difficulty down. Not sure if the difficulty affects how often you get ambushed, but i was annoyed with how often it seemed to be happening on hard. Seems less on normal now. It's pretty easy though, so i'd almost be tempted to put it back up again.

One thing that took me way too long to realise is that you can only have one of the added skills active at a time. Was wondering why i wasn't able to dominate Orcs anymore, and kept crushing their heads.

Kiith wrote: »
    One thing that took me way too long to realise is that you can only have one of the added skills active at a time. Was wondering why i wasn't able to dominate Orcs anymore, and kept crushing their heads.

irks me to pay for these upgrades and not be able to use them all!

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    irks me to pay for these upgrades and not be able to use them all!

yea it would be nice if the one's that weren't picked had a small chance to proc or some thing because none of them are going to be used at all, as i dont really see me switching them up that often, Really enjoying it some of these orc's have me laughing so hard.I came across this brain damaged one who just kept muttering i dunno i dunno and i could his brain in a little skull cap thingy.

My only gripe so far really is that the whole fort and recruiting thing is in act 2 like they did with the first one takes to long to get into the main reason you buy the game, but you can to it fast enough if you just burn through the story missions in act 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-shadow-of-war-xbox-one-x-one-version-to-rule-them-all

this is certainly encouraging, looks like I've found the game I want to buy to with my one X.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-shadow-of-war-xbox-one-x-one-version-to-rule-them-all

this is certainly encouraging, looks like I've found the game I want to buy to with my one X.

Some of the comments are gas.

Just because the Pro is no longer the most powerful console, power doesn't seem to matter anymore. What a pile of children :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

emmetkenny wrote:
    Just because the Pro is no longer the most powerful console, power doesn't seem to matter anymore. What a pile of children

Competition is good hopefully pushes sony to challenge the x which in turn pushes on Xbox again. As a consumer all good I say.

On a separate note do you ever post without trying to start pointless console war crap.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    On a separate note do you ever post without trying to start pointless console war crap.

I think you need to read my post again. I said comments like that are childish.

Also if you actually paid attention to my posts you'd know I have a PS4 and a Xbox One S. I've also owned or had access to every Sony and Microsoft console since the originals.

I couldn't give two s**ts what console anyone has and I play the games I want on whichever console I need to use.

Don't actually see where you'd think I was starting any console war crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

To be fair, the Eurogamer comments section is famous for this ****, so much so that someone made the site below a few years back to highlight the idiocy of the whole affair. :pac:

Who are Eurogamer biased toward?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

emmetkenny wrote:
    I think you need to read my post again. I said comments like that are childish.

emmetkenny wrote:
    Don't actually see where you'd think I was starting any console war crap?

If that's the case no problem, I'm happy to concede I read it wrong.

Console wars crap ruins threads is all and stifles debate, I assumed that's what you were doing, if I'm wrong apologies.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    If that's the case no problem, I'm happy to concede I read it wrong.

Console wars crap ruins threads is all and stifles debate, I assumed that's what you were doing, if I'm wrong apologies.

No worries at all... By the way Nintendo is crap ;) (I need to buy a switch in the next while :pac:)

I was just sitting here doing put fights with my orcs and i unlocked the 3rd champion thingy, anyway it was some orc champion who was lvl 35 and none of mine are over 30 at the moment so i went and got some random captain and dominated him to just throw him in and see how it goes he was lvl 17 and he kicked that lvl 35 guys ass and he was invulnerable to most things was kinda like a rocky fight :D

Also quick tip if you want to find better orcs if you get one who is crap put him up against one in the pit the winner is there after the fight and you can go catch them i got a 2 legendary orc's doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Only started playing this game but having a spot of bother in killing a target. I have managed to get him down to nothing on his health bar on a number of occasions but he always seems to get away with a death defy move even though he is on his knees awaiting to be executed. What am I doing wrong. Is there any particular button or series of buttons on the gamepad that needs to be pressed.

or is it a case of increasing my abilities a bit to have the advantage. This fecker has now killed me a few times so his ranking / strength has increased.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

**** this game! those stupid captains keep turning on me! bastards! takes the fun out of the game.

did you kill a blood brother? the only time they turn on me so far is if that happens. Or i die a lot they tell me im weak. But feck i kept like shaming this guy and he turned into a deranged legendary dude and then i recruited him he just makes these creepy as feck clicking noises and he's a great body guard :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lone Stone wrote: »
    did you kill a blood brother? the only time they turn on me so far is if that happens. Or i die a lot they tell me im weak. But feck i kept like shaming this guy and he turned into a deranged legendary dude and then i recruited him he just makes these creepy as feck clicking noises and he's a great body guard :D

That could have been it.

if you just get intel on them it will show a blood brother trait and if you select that it tells who the blood brother is, i try to recruit them both.

So i was out doing a mission to get some guy i wanted, and next of all like 5 of my dominated peeps show up and they all turned on me and i had a huge scrap with them. Then this guy i kept shaming who went like violently deranged and is lvl 65 and has killed me about 30 times shows up with his now replaced metalic head screaming at me, yea i died. And lost all the orcs i have been training in the arena for ages who were 40+

Soooo then i thought **** this, turns out cheat engine works with the mirian coins :-p so you can get as many loot crates as you want. kinda ruins the game but bleh

Lone Stone wrote: »
    So i was out doing a mission to get some guy i wanted, and next of all like 5 of my dominated peeps show up and they all turned on me and i had a huge scrap with them. Then this guy i kept shaming who went like violently deranged and is lvl 65 and has killed me about 30 times shows up with his now replaced metalic head screaming at me, yea i died. And lost all the orcs i have been training in the arena for ages who were 40+

That must have been really annoying, I pissed after losing just one! I haven't been back too it since, the fun was just zapped out of it for me.

they come and go easy enough, i just finished the story and that was very cool i would definitely play it to act 3 and not bother to much with the fort ****e. Totally goes against lotr lore but it was just cool as ****. Also i spent way to long in act 2 i shouldn't have fapped around so much. And if your fed with grinding orcs just ge that cheat engine program and gimp yourself some loot crates the 750 mir ones.

Finished it myself last night (72%)and I really liked it. I'll trade it in and maybe rebuy if theres decent DLC and a GOTY version in the future.
    The Bruz and Zog storylines were great, not so mad on the nazgul and elandriel.

Can you skip all the fort raiding and recruiting captains ****e then?

• Advertisement

Can you skip all the fort raiding and recruiting captains ****e then?

well you'll need 3-5 captains to raid each forth, of which there are four. I managed to do them all first time bar the last which I got next try. I'd say I put 20 - 25 hrs in. Did all the questlines, all the towers, shelob stuff and the celibrimbor memories, left a lot of the rest to random.

Advertisement