Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow of Mordor (Shadow of War)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I keep hearing if you like the Arkham games you'll like these (the first one anyway). Everyone here feel the same? I'm after getting a wee bit bored with Arkham Knight and need a new game so would Shadow of Mordor be worth picking up?

At least then I'll know if the sequel will appeal to me later in the year.

I actually enjoyed it more than the Batman games (I only played City and Knight) as it was a shorter experience and I liked the LotR world slightly more.

I'd highly recommend it, it's like 16 hours long so you're not gonna feel you wasted time or money on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I actually enjoyed it more than the Batman games (I only played City and Knight) as it was a shorter experience and I liked the LotR world slightly more.

Maybe I didn't give it a proper chance but I found Shadow of Mordor the enemies would take far too many hits to kill & I'd get bored playing it. Took forever to execute grounded enemies then often I was interrupted mid animation iirc.
    Love Batman (ok I hate the tank battles so much in Knight it probably puts me off replaying it again).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'd highly recommend it, it's like 16 hours long so you're not gonna feel you wasted time or money on it

The nemesis system makes the game. Some of the quests were fun too like chasing the messengers or freeing the slaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

New trailer, showing some of the open-worldyness.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

damn.... have a kid on the way, due in october was hoping to get this game in before then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    damn.... have a kid on the way, due in october was hoping to get this game in before then :(
    Just tell her to hold it in until you've finished the game.

Congratulations by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

Speaking from experience, you'll get more gaming done in the first 6 months of their lives than after.

the first 6 months are basically eat, sleep poop. you'll have ample opportunity to squeeze in a few hours here and there.

oh, and encourage breastfeeding. it'll absolve you of 50% of the work :D:P;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It just takes a bit of practice:

6262772_700b.jpg
    tumblr_llh8xq2ARP1qctkcl.jpg
    19fd49xhrxye1jpg.jpg
    Cv8Nsq_XEAUIGdu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I still have too finish shadow of Mordor but looking forward too this all the same.

Is the game gonna be available in 4K on consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is the game gonna be available in 4K on consoles?

They confirmed it will have Scorpio / PS Pro support

Have to wait and see what that actually will mean in terms of performance though

They're updating the original game so that you can carry your top followers and nemeses into the sequel.

Neat :)

Pity I sold the game after I finished it and read the feedback on the 1st DLC pack

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Another reason to go back and clear it i guess.

GOTY is currently $9 on Canadian PSN store which works out as €6.10

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

GOTY is currently $9 on Canadian PSN store which works out as €6.10

It's 6 euro on the irish xbox store too at the mo, and free to play for the weekend (presumably free for the weekend on PSN too).

From the description of the video I posted above, it doesn't seem to be free on PlayStation.
    Also for a limited time only, play Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor for free on Xbox One and Steam from July 6-9, 2017 or purchase the game for 80% off regular price.

• Xbox One (sale ends: July 17, 2017)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store...

• PlayStation 4 (sale ends: July 11, 2017)
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-u...

• Steam (sale ends: July 10, 2017)
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/51209/

• Advertisement

She's still €60 for the GOTY edition on PSN.
    I'd happily drop €12 on it again tbh, cause I never played the DLC. Now if it's the base game that is going 80% off, I'm not fussed at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I enjoyed the bright Lord dlc quite a lot.

Supposedly the save file from base game for shadow of mordor won't work with Game of the year edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Supposedly the save file from base game for shadow of mordor won't work with Game of the year edition.

Nuts as all the DLCs are separate from the main game too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I've gotten a real hankering to play through this again. Upgraded to the GOTY edition too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've gotten a real hankering to play through this again. Upgraded to the GOTY edition too.

I kinda want to play it again but I'm afraid the gameplay in the sequel will be too similar that I won't enjoy it as much when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NineEggs

GOTY edition is on sale for €6 for Xbox Live Gold members.

GOTY reduced to €12.99 on Irish PSN store

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

this is correct. i had the base game (no DLCs) & i bought the goty edition thinkin id pick up where i left off and platinum it but its a new save file for the goty edit. starting over was grand tho coz who doesnt like killing orcs & yer pretty OP near the end

• Advertisement

If you're a purist when it comes to the lore of Middle-earth, it's better that you look away now.

Advertisement