Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oily skin

Options
  • 27-02-2017 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi the last few weeks I have noticed my face getting quite greasy at work. I started a new job so I think it is the air conditioning there that is causing the issue. I usually only wear tinted la roche posay moisturiser. I have very sensitive skin so it can be hard to find new products which both work and don't irritate my skin. Does anyone have any tips on how to overcome this. I don't really want to have to start wearing foundation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Could oil bloating sheets help you?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

La Roche posay do a mattiying bb cream from their effaclar range.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AliciaS

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll have to take a trip to boots soon. Do the blotting sheets actually work? I have tried them years ago but don't remember them being any good. Any brands in particular that are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

AliciaS wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll have to take a trip to boots soon. Do the blotting sheets actually work? I have tried them years ago but don't remember them being any good. Any brands in particular that are good.

I think they a great quick fix but you'll definitely have to look at why your skin is producing too much oil. Oily skin folk tend to use harsher cleansers which actually cause the skin to produce more oil, same with avoiding moisturising, it can make be the reason your skin produces more oil :(

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

GingerLily wrote: »
    I think they a great quick fix but you'll definitely have to look at why your skin is producing too much oil. Oily skin folk tend to use harsher cleansers which actually cause the skin to produce more oil, same with avoiding moisturising, it can make be the reason your skin produces more oil :(

I totally agree. I have used cleaners and moisturers for very oily skin for years. since about november I have noticed that was skin was extra senstive to everything. it is sensitive anyway but everything was irrating or drying my skin out. I had some coconut oil in the kitchen so have being using that for the last month. My skin produces way less oil now. My makeup needs less powdering.

I the last week I am using a different cleanser also so hopefully that will help also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement