Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indesit washer/ drier problem

• 27-02-2017 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭

The washing machine wont complete its cycle, it will simply keep washing no matter which programme is selected. However if I interrupt the cycle and manually select rinse and drain the cycle will complete. What could be causing this problem? If I cant find a solution are there any recommendations for a callout engineer for Dublin City centre. Thanks for all assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I have a number for a good appliance guy if you still need it

[Mod]Please send by PM if requested.[/Mod]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭creedp

amtc wrote: »
    I have a number for a good appliance guy if you still need it

[Mod]Please send by PM if requested.[/Mod]

Please pm me details ad I dont have a guy currently. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

faulty pcb board probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

most likely a heating problem, might be just a burned lead at the element

most likely a heating problem, might be just a burned lead at the element

@Thomas Anderson & The Red Ace - Thanks for advice.

• Advertisement

An engineer examined the machine thoroughly including heating elements and PCB and other than finding some dirt in the inlet filter could find nothing wrong with machine. He said the water pressure wasn't great and possibly if machine was switched on in early morning or evening when a lot of people are using water the low pressure might cause machine to stall. He said to try machine again and if there was still a problem then it was probably the PCB which would not be worthwhile repairing.

Anyway a number of washes have been run since and while they run to completion they can take up to 8 hours to complete. This was never the case before so there is obviously something the matter. Could this be anything else other than the PCB? If it is the PCB then is the machine finished? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Most likely a faulty PCB
    Post the model number, how old it is, and how frequent you use it.

washman3 wrote: »
    Most likely a faulty PCB
    Post the model number, how old it is, and how frequent you use it.

Its an indesit 1200 WIDXL126 washer dryer. I think its 6 - 7 years old and used probably twice a week on average.

Problem back as bad as ever ... wash cycles stuck and have to be manually moved on when it gets to rinse stage. Engineer says not worth fixing as it would cost over €300 to replace board.

If so any recommendations for a reasonably priced washer dryer?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Rhinohippo

creedp wrote: »
    Problem back as bad as ever ... wash cycles stuck and have to be manually moved on when it gets to rinse stage. Engineer says not worth fixing as it would cost over €300 to replace board.

If so any recommendations for a reasonably priced washer dryer?
    I'd say ring around because places have offers from time to time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement