Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV to a subpanel

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

If I might be so bold (I think Freddy has better things to do than instigate Holy Wars over which battery chemistry is best...application subjective anyways). th_surrender.gif

I believe he's a proponent of AHI.

I'm firmly rooted in the lead acid camp.

You are getting to know me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fosulli

I'm new to Boards.ie - apologies if this is a basic question!
    But:

Can anyone help me - I am about to install PV panels - my mains wiring has 2 feeds from the ESB meter. One feed to the house fuseboard and the other feed to a fuseboard in my shed. If I have PV panels, inverter etc. installed on my shed and connect to the shed fuseboard, will that still feed my house supply before dumping power back to the grid? Thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

How big is the solar install, what size is the inverter, what size are the cables, what length are the cables. You can't simply diy connect to the grid so whoever is doing your connection will answer all your questions.

p.s are you saying you have two sets of tails at the meter box :confused:

You can't simply diy connect to the grid

Beg to differ. Er...I have this mate...and er...he did...

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Beg to differ. Er...I have this mate...and er...he did...

Your mate :p had the appropriate knowledge, equipment, a mechanical meter, judging by the questions this lad may not have any of those ⚡⚡

• Advertisement

The inverter came with a 13A plug and two MC4.
    The mechanical meter was renewed....turned out to be faulty..whistling.gif

Advertisement