Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A & A Dispute

Options
  • 27-02-2017 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭

I have a dispute I would very much like to resolve. I acknowledge that, strictly speaking, this is not the place for it; I have not been banned, nor have I received a red card, or a yellow card, but I can see no better place to address the issue.

I have been asked by the moderator not to post in A&A, other than in the Specious Nonsense thread. We discussed the request by PM, and it's fair to say we did not reach any agreement, but it was specified I was not prohibited from posting in A&A, rather that the mod was likely to ban me for my posting style if I did. After some reflection, I continued to post in a restrained fashion. A few days later, I was PMed by the mod to tell me some of my posts had been moved to the Specious Nonsense thread, and subsequent posts might be deleted. Whilst still considering this, and without any further posts or PMs, I received a PM informing me that I will be banned if I post outside of the Specious Nonsense thread, and I noticed others of my previous posts had been deleted.

I have PMed the mod in question to ask if there was an issue with the style of any of my moved or deleted posts since our discussion, but have received no response. I get the impression that if I do post, I will be justifiably banned for ignoring a Mod instruction, so I find myself effectively banned, with the sop of only allowing my opinions under the heading 'Specious Nonsense', which I think is a rather unnecessarily mocking approach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Moved to Help Desk as this is not a DRF issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

It appears that you have attempted to resolve this matter through an exchange of PMs with the mod. If you feel that no resolution will be forthcoming, then I would recommend that you PM their Cmod and share your concerns with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement