Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't quote posts

Options
  • 27-02-2017 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

I don't seem to be able to quote the posts of others using the Quote button. I just brings up a blank text box.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I don't seem to be able to quote the posts of others using the Quote button. I just brings up a blank text box.

Which version of the site are you using? And what OS and browser?

It may have been tied to your post count as well (when less than 5 posts) - could you try quoting me please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

No, still no quote showing up. Visiting boards.ie using Win7 from a laptop and Firefox 45.7.0.

Boards.ie Employee

No, still no quote showing up. Visiting boards.ie using Win7 from a laptop and Firefox 45.7.0.

And are you on Legacy or Responsive? (If on Legacy, "Responsive Site" will be listed in the footer at the bottom)

On Legacy. This is after clicking the quote button on your post.

And are you on Legacy or Responsive? (If on Legacy, "Responsive Site" will be listed in the footer at the bottom)
    And this is the output of quoting your post from the responsive site.

• Advertisement

By the way, posting from the responsive site doesn't present the warning that the reply needs to be approved before appearing.

Boards.ie Employee

Ah, just seeing that your account was setup today. Unfortunately, there's a bug on the Legacy site that ties quoting to the ability to post images and links. The restriction is five posts, but also an account that's 24 hours old.

As a workaround until tomorrow, you could reply with
    pasted text here
    without the spaces. If you want to show you're quoting a specific person, it's
    wrote:
    pasted text here

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

On an unrelated matter seeing as you're here OP, could I ask you to please tone down your language in your posts, a number of them have been reported already for excessive swearing. Thanks.

That works Mark, I've used that successfully. In trialling it, I've noticed another issue. Previewing the post before clicking Submit Reply causes the previously typed reply to disappear. Frustrating, but can be worked around by copying and pasting before previewing.

Will this also resolve itself after 24 hours?
    Zaph wrote:
    On an unrelated matter seeing as you're here OP, could I ask you to please tone down your language in your posts, a number of them have been reported already for excessive swearing. Thanks.
    I would, but I haven't sworn once today.

Boards.ie Employee

That works Mark, I've used that successfully. In trialling it, I've noticed another issue. Previewing the post before clicking Submit Reply causes the previously typed reply to disappear. Frustrating, but can be worked around by copying and pasting before previewing.

Will this also resolve itself after 24 hours?

It should. It's on the buglist, but no fix as yet unfortunately. If it's still happening, let us know and we can look into it further.

• Advertisement

Well OK, it's a technicality as the posts contain asterisks, but we all know what's meant by it and it's a bit over the top. This is one example:
    All the ******* ***** pretend to be on "your side" as it's a ******* defence mechanism against you ******* kicking off and planting your boot in the ******* plums.

That's great Mark. I think we can close this now. If I still have issues post the 24 hour point, I'll open another thread.

Zaph wrote:
    we all know what's meant by it
    That's a bold statement.

That's a bold statement.

Not really. Anyway, just try to keep it to a minimum please, OK?

Sure, from now on I'll cut out the non-swearing. Completely. There will be no more non-swearing.

Appreciate that, thank you. I'll mark this thread as resolved now so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement