Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Kuga 2008 TDCI Zetec - radio codes/anti theft codes

• 27-02-2017 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Morning All, In dire straits here. The Mrs bought a 2nd hand Ford Kuga 2008 TDCI last week. But there is a problem, the Radio/Sat Nav Coms console is locked. The dealer (2nd Hand Car Dealership) didn't provide a code nor is there any owners manual in the car or any previous documents in the car which would provide any assistance as to what the code is?! So, I've been calling the dealer & he says I have to contact Ford in the UK to get a code. Having researched on the Net it seems I can get a code from a site in the UK if I get a particular Serial Number from the Unit - which should start with an M or V. Having removed the unit with the appropriate radio keys, there is no discernible M or v serial number. There are numbers but not distinctly indicated as a Serial Number for the unit. Also, what make of unit is it? is it built by Sony or who? So, can anyone tell me how I get a Radio Code, who should I should contact & where. I'm in based in Kildare but can travel within reason. Also the parking sensors don't appear to be operating properly, not what I'm accustomed to. When reverse is engaged there is a loud continuous tone then it stops. It doesn't go beep beep as the car reverses. Is this related to the missing code or is it something unconnected? All in all the car is very clean, but these issues are a bother. Really appreciate any assistance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Don't be fobbed off by the dealer. You shouldn't have accepted the vehicle as it was but take it back and tell him you want it fixed, or a full refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

pontiac22 wrote: »
    Morning All, In dire straits here. The Mrs bought a 2nd hand Ford Kuga 2008 TDCI last week. But there is a problem, the Radio/Sat Nav Coms console is locked. The dealer (2nd Hand Car Dealership) didn't provide a code nor is there any owners manual in the car or any previous documents in the car which would provide any assistance as to what the code is?! So, I've been calling the dealer & he says I have to contact Ford in the UK to get a code. Having researched on the Net it seems I can get a code from a site in the UK if I get a particular Serial Number from the Unit - which should start with an M or V. Having removed the unit with the appropriate radio keys, there is no discernible M or v serial number. There are numbers but not distinctly indicated as a Serial Number for the unit. Also, what make of unit is it? is it built by Sony or who? So, can anyone tell me how I get a Radio Code, who should I should contact & where. I'm in based in Kildare but can travel within reason. Also the parking sensors don't appear to be operating properly, not what I'm accustomed to. When reverse is engaged there is a loud continuous tone then it stops. It doesn't go beep beep as the car reverses. Is this related to the missing code or is it something unconnected? All in all the car is very clean, but these issues are a bother. Really appreciate any assistance.

Can you post here a photo of the radio and I will let you know if I can decode it for you

Advertisement