Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent a car/van

• 27-02-2017 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Car packed up yesterday... need to rent a car/van asap...
    whos the best?
    Have full licence and over 30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Northgate Vehicle Hire. Mostly known for van hire but they also rent cars. They also accept debit cards as a form of payment unlike most of the other companies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where are you located OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

dublin

whats the average price a weekto rent a car
    I seen one for 50e a week
    can that be right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Hope you dont mind me hijacking....

Looking to rent a Large Van (Sprinter/LWB transit etc) to make a return trip to collect some stuff from UK with a mate who is moving home. Anyone have any recommendations for a company to use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Europcar are good for vans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

johnk123 wrote: »

Looking to rent a Large Van (Sprinter/LWB transit etc) to make a return trip to collect some stuff from UK with a mate who is moving home. Anyone have any recommendations for a company to use?

I'm looking into the same. Enterprise will allow you to take the van to the uk but its a €150 charge. Northgate said no. I'm trying to bring my two dogs as well which is making it slightly harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭chicorytip

dublin

whats the average price a weekto rent a car I seen one for 50e a week can that be right

That sounds very low. As far as I know the average daily charge for a medium sized car would be around 22 euro. It depends on what extras you opt for e.g. full insurance cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭9935452

johnk123 wrote: »

I looked at doing the same at one stage .
    Not the easiest thing to do.
    Some companies will require you to transfer your own commercial insurance onto the van and buy AA 5 star cover too

Advertisement