Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Texts No Account

Options
  • 27-02-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

I've been receiving texts to my phone for nearly a year from eir regarding 'my bills being due'. I don't have and have never had an eir account nor ever gave eir permission to use my number. I have contacted eir six times and have all the chat transcripts of my conversations with your support team. I'm still getting these messages.

This is a data protection violation and if I continue to get these messages, I will have to contact my solicitor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

MFlack2012 wrote: »
    I've been receiving texts to my phone for nearly a year from eir regarding 'my bills being due'. I don't have and have never had an eir account nor ever gave eir permission to use my number. I have contacted eir six times and have all the chat transcripts of my conversations with your support team. I'm still getting these messages.

This is a data protection violation and if I continue to get these messages, I will have to contact my solicitor.
    Hi MFlack2012, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. Would you like to PM me your details and I'll check this for you?

Thanks  

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

So Eir is saying I need an account number to get my number removed from Eir. If I never joined Eir and someone gave my number without my permission, how do I get an account number to get my number removed from your system?

So Eir is saying I need an account number to get my number removed from Eir. If I never joined Eir and someone gave my number without my permission, how do I get an account number to get my number removed from your system?
    I'm afraid your mobile number would have been attached to an eir account by the account holder. Unfortunately we would be unable to locate the account with just your mobile number  MFlack2012 & would need addition information associated with the account in question. Apologies I couldn't be of more assistance from here.

-Pamela 

I'm afraid your mobile number would have been attached to an eir account by the account holder. Unfortunately we would be unable to locate the account with just your mobile number  MFlack2012 & would need addition information associated with the account in question. Apologies I couldn't be of more assistance from here.

-Pamela 

I don't have that information as I DON'T HAVE AN EIR ACCOUNT. So anyone can give a number that isn't there's and it'seems okay. I can reclive.gargan@dbs.ie calls and texts harassing me about someone elses bill and there'should nothing you can do?

-Pamela 

I don't have that information as I DON'T HAVE AN EIR ACCOUNT. So anyone can give a number that isn't there's and it'seems okay. I can reclive.gargan@dbs.ie calls and texts harassing me about someone elses bill and there'should nothing you can do?
    I can understand your frustration MFlack2012 however unfortunately I am unable to locate an account with only a mobile contact number.

Apologies again,
    Pamela

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Contact Eir and make a complaint and tell them you need the reference number to contact ComReg and report the harassment. If they don't sort it out then make the complaint to ComReg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

-Pamela 

Little point in dealing with customer reps, just file a complaint with the data protection commissioner. It won't be the first or last time they will have been in court regarding data protection. 

https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Making-a-Complaint-to-the-Data-Protection-Commissioner/r/18.htm

Contact Eir and make a complaint and tell them you need the reference number to contact ComReg and report the harassment. If they don't sort it out then make the complaint to ComReg.
    I've already complained six times to them, but they say always say it's been sorted out. Lies according to reps above. I think that'll have to be my next step.

davindub wrote: »

-Pamela 

Little point in dealing with customer reps, just file a complaint with the data protection commissioner. It won't be the first or last time they will have been in court regarding data protection. 

https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Making-a-Complaint-to-the-Data-Protection-Commissioner/r/18.htm
    Thanks for the link. Haven't dealt with them before but will have to go ahead and put in a complaint. Unfortunately as this person (using my number) is not paying their bill, when I do eventually move out of home and try to set up a service, this will be directed to my number and I may be liable for extra charges if I decided to go with Eir through no fault of my own.

Advertisement