Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong taste from water

Options
  • 27-02-2017 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭

Anyone else getting the strong fluoride taste over the past few days? I'm in Carpenterstown (Riverwood). seems more notable these past few days. Shower smells like a swimming pool after using it......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Anyone else getting the strong fluoride taste over the past few days? I'm in Carpenterstown (Riverwood). seems more notable these past few days. Shower smells like a swimming pool after using it......

Noticed that as well in last few days, also taste to water when boiled for tea, thought it was just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Noticed that as well in last few days, also taste to water when boiled for tea, thought it was just me!

Yeah noticed it from coffee initially. Thought it was the coffee - filled up a drinks bottle from the tap and it was quite strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Yea, have noticed in the Roselawn area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

They increased the chloride levels as ammonia concentrations where rising

"Fingal County Council have increased their chlorine levels temporarily over the weekend due to raised Ammonia levels in the water. Residents in the affected area will experience a metallic taste from their supply. It should be noted that the levels are still within safe parameters and the water is safe to drink. The ammonia levels have now returned to normal and the chlorine has reduced. The water taste will improve as the day progresses"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

oblivious wrote: »
    They increased the chloride levels as ammonia concentrations where rising

"Fingal County Council have increased their chlorine levels temporarily over the weekend due to raised Ammonia levels in the water. Residents in the affected area will experience a metallic taste from their supply. It should be noted that the levels are still within safe parameters and the water is safe to drink. The ammonia levels have now returned to normal and the chlorine has reduced. The water taste will improve as the day progresses"

Thanks for that. It was noticeably better last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Glad it wasnt just me, noticed it at first making tea on Sunday, then could even taste it in a berocca yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Noticed this in roselawn and even worse further afield near Maynooth. Here it is totally undrinkable and you can smell if off the shower water!

Advertisement