Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest a setup please

Options
  • 27-02-2017 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Current setup:

* Samsung all-in-one DVD/surround sound (5.1) with wireless rear speakers
    * XBox 360 - used for Netflix and streaming media from PC

The above is getting on a bit, and between the creaky fans on both the DVD player, the XBox and the rear speaker amp I can barely hear dialogue if sound is on low while Jr in bed. :-\

Want:

* As above, mainly play Netflix and streaming media _but_ want Spotify capability(*) as well
    * Also support for multi-room - ie, be able to add speakers in kitchen nearby (ground floor is open-plan)
    * Surround sound with _at least_ wireless rear speakers, preferably all wireless.
    * Audio calibration is a plus as the space used isn't regular
    * Simply and user-friendly (as few components, wires and remote controls as possible is a plus)
    * Silent components

(*) Currently I use Google Chromecast for Spotify but that doesn't support optical out so it just comes via the TV speakers

I've been wavering over everything between Samsung's own multi-room system, or maybe using Sonos speakers to create a surround sound system or perhaps Bose Cinemate 520.

P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Netflix uses Dolby Digital Plus so you're looking at getting a receiver with HDMI inputs and separate speakers. Then you can connect all your devices and just use a Chromecast or Android Tv box.

If you're buying a receiver these days it's best make sure it supports 4k so you get many years out of it, make sure it's HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 compliant.

Advertisement