Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Engine Maintenance Light - diagnostic required 2010Audi a4, Dublin

• 27-02-2017 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend somebody to Perform an engine Diagnostic for a 2010 Audi A4

Engine Maintenance light has been on for a while so want to get it checked out to see whats wrong.

I am booked in for a Major Audi service but they  want to charge 90quid for the 1st hour and 159 for every hour after that – just to run the diagnostic. Far too expensive
    Would prefer to let them to the normal service and provide information as to what the diagnostic, from elsewhere, is saying.

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Working in the D2 area – any suggestions[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Your best bet is if you can find someone here with VCDS (diags software) who can run a scan and see what's up.

You could also look into an App called Torque and get a Bluetooth dongle (few quid on eBay) that will allow you to scan the car yourself when needed. I have this and it's very good at determining whether something is urgent or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Anyone with vcds can scan your car for faults and give you the info.
    Unfortunately Audi won't accept this and will insist on doing their own diagnostic.

I think it's crazy to bring a 2010 Audi to a main dealer for servicing, find a good independent and halve your costs. They should have the correct diagnostic equipment to fix the issue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Cheers, 
    I am looking at Cardock in D2 for service, diagnostic and work on any other issues.
    Had a feeling Audi would reject any diagnostic info performed by somebody else - just a money racket but I get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,468 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

To be fair to audi, diagnostic is not just reading out a fault code. Any monkey can pull the codes but the knowhow comes after that. So going in to dealer with fault codes is a pointless exercise.
    If the fault was something that was clearly identified by a basic scan, well why go to audi at all, just get the part and fit it.

Advertisement