Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Labradoodle

• 27-02-2017 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Folks,

Just wondering can anyone recommend any reputable labradoodle breeders within 2 hours of Drogheda?

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Iirc there are one or two breeders of this cross in Scotland that health test their breeding dogs. There are none anywhere in Ireland that I've heard of. Your best bet is probably to get on to guide dogs for the blind and ask how to get in contact with their breeders and what happens to puppies not suitable for the job. I don't think this cross is widely used as guide dogs in Ireland though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

+1 for Cherry Blossom's post. Like with most "designer" crossbreeds in Ireland, you'd be very fortunate to find one here of any decent breeding sadly.

A lot of Labradoodle puppies are coming from some not so savoury sources. :(

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Guide dogs (and some of the other organisations) have stopped using doodles afaik.

There's one breeder I think in Cork who sterilises the puppies at 6 weeks(!) :eek:

Also if you're going for a doodle because they're non-shed it's the luck of the draw. There's 2 on my road - one has bald patches due to allergies and the other sheds more than my retrievers - I've brushed him and was stunned with the amount of hair that came off him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

tk123 wrote:
    There's one breeder I think in Cork who sterilises the puppies at 6 weeks(!)

There's also one of these in county Wexford who does the same. There was huge coverage on social media last year about their practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but why would you sterilise the pups at 6 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but why would you sterilise the pups at 6 weeks?
    To be sure the new puppy owners can't use the dog for breeding and take away from the greeders profits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Vizzy

To be sure the new puppy owners can't use the dog for breeding and take away from the greeders profits.

You mean like getting your dog neutered ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I also know of a doodle at age 4 is on meds for arthritis, and another that was a rescue because he sheds and wasn't "cute" when full grown.
    I don't think you'd find a health testing breeder here.

Advertisement