Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which playhouse would you recommend?

Options
  • 27-02-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Our little girl turns two in a few weeks and we want to get her a playhouse for the garden. Initially I was going to get her the Little Tikes Country Cottage one as it's the traditional one and I always liked them but we were in a play cafe recently that had a Smoby one. It seemed bigger than the CC with both a front and back door and she seemed to really enjoy going in one and out the other. Also it seemed taller to me but I haven't seen a CC up close in a while...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

We got our 1.5 year old a Keter playhouse 2 years ago. Bought it for €65. Topline stores stock them!
    http://www.topline.ie/garden-outdoors/outdoor-living/outdoor-play-products/playhouses/keter/rancho-playhouse
    They are quite light but look pretty in the garden. We really felt we couldn't justify the price of a little tikes ( as they outgrow them so quickly) but are planning to get a wooden one from outdoorplay. Feel she will get far more use from this as a den/ playhouse until she is a good bit older!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

We don't have any, but I've looked at country cottage, and at smoby ones, and the country cottage definitely seems a lot sturdier. You could keep an eye on adverts, or done deal, but they tend to be snapped up very quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

The country cottage is the best one. Ours is left out all year round and hasn't blown away or gotten damaged!
    The ground underneath it is all mucky so used those mats underneath. We are thinking though of putting concrete or slabs underneath it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have a look at the wooden ones too,they are amazing.
    https://www.waltongardenproducts.ie/playhouses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Those wooden ones are beautiful! Very reasonably priced too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Those wooden ones are beautiful! Very reasonably priced too...
    They come unpainted so factor in cost and time to paint if you plan on it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Some of them come treated and varnished though .
    I really want to get one of the wooden ones but can't decide where to put it .
    One of my friends got the small wooden one a few years ago and moved the IKEA kitchen etc out to it to save space .
    The kids loved it but I would need a much bigger one .

Advertisement