Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garden Clothes Line Poles

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Very hard to compare the second option when so little info is given about their construction- what gauge box section, the pic feature doesn't appear to have a winder/ winch arrrangement just a pair of cleats; looks cheap though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The first option is €139 supplied and fitted. That's incredible value.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The first option is €139 supplied and fitted. That's incredible value.
    No, that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Hot dipped Galvanised double clothes line €179 or €229 fitted.
    Rust primed and glossed black double clothes line €139 or €189 fitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

byte wrote: »
    No, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Add is a bit misleading. You're correct and 139 is supply only.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

Yep, the galvanised is €179. even the T bar, smaller, is still quite expensive.
    this probably will resist any West coast storm. and since I live in Galway city, might be too much.

not sure if the other 1 is tin foil and will brake easily.

the usual dilemma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the top one is not expensive.it looks well made and is galvanised.
    even a the fully installed price I think it is good value.
    how much is it going to cost you to get someone to fit it

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

hi the pen turner,

I agree with the well made.. looks really solid

I am far from being MacGyver but decent enough to fit that myself.. I am going to use 1 pole only, cause I have a tall wall on the other side..
    I can make actually 4 lines (2 x 2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭shane b

Hi. I got option one installed from clothesline.ie last year and my wife is very happy with it. For the xtra €50 it was just as handy to let them install it too. Well made and hasn't moved yet. Im based in Meath.
    From the photos option 2 doesn't seem to have a winding mechanism to aid raising lowering the line, the user just seems to coil around a pin on the frame. Also with option 2 im assuming you will need to buy the rope/line required, not a big thing but easily overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jiffey

Hi there,

I've been in the same boat looking for line poles for the garden, and I can share some thoughts based on my research and experience.

I checked out the link you provided for the poles on Adverts. They do seem quite robust and well-made, but I agree the cost can be a bit high, especially if they offer more features than you need.

On the other hand, the Watson poles you found are galvanized, which is a great feature as it means they're resistant to rust and will likely last longer outdoors. The price difference is significant, and Watson's seems to offer good value for money.

I have used galvanized clothes lines poles before, and they have held up well through various weather conditions. They are sturdy enough to support a fully loaded line without bending or collapsing.

Considering the price difference, if you don’t need the extra features that the more expensive option offers, the Watson poles could be a very good choice. They should provide the durability and functionality you need at a more reasonable price.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭hibble

I know that this is an old thread but it raised a smile because I actually bought a pair of these from Watson hire for €59 including delivery to Laois, which was half the price I could source them locally for at the time ~ April 2016.

They arrived next day and I erected them the day after and are as good now as they were then.

Sorry the picture is a bit dark, just took it.

Advertisement