Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift Ideas for 60th Year old dad

Options
  • 27-02-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Looking for gift ideas for my dads 60th birthday. He is a mad Clare hurling fan, also loves Irish music & songs, and is a farmer.

Had thought of a GAA season ticket but all the league matches will be nearly over by his birthday (end April).

He wouldn’t appreciate a voucher for a meal out, or a hotel weekend away, or a holiday, just not that kind of man. Also no real interest in branded clothes, watches, jewellary or anything like that, or any technology, he is a man of simple tastes!

Would love to find something nifty and meaningful to him, just struggling to come up with anything.

Any suggestions very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I'd probably try and get tickets for a concert if I could. Andy Irvine and Paul Brady are playing UL in May for their 40th anniversary tour.Would be worth checking out! I would keep an eye on Glor in Ennis and see if anything comes up around the time of his birthday.

Advertisement