Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my 1 day old iphone that was sent for repair?

Options
  • 27-02-2017 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you can help.

I bought an iphone 7 from Eir Business 3 weeks ago, while setting up realised the wifi and bluetooth would not turn on.
    A quick google showed this could be an antenna issue. After a call to Eir where various CS staff suggested that i turn it off and on again it became apparent that this was not a user error. A courier was due the next day but arrived two days later to bring the phone to Fonemenders.
    Was told that it could take up to ten days to fix - this did not sit well with me as didn't want a repaired phone as i had not even got to make call on my new phone.

Anyway a week passes and no call from Eir so I rang to eventually find out that Fonemenders could not even unlock the phone but nobody had thought to ring me...
    Despite being assured by the CS team leader that they would be in contact "in the next few days" I have not heard anything since.
    I an reluctant to ring again as I fear I will get the run around with nobody taking responsibility.

It should be noted in fairness that there was a token gesture offer as compensation that was appreciated, but today i received the first bill that listed the cost of the phone that I haven't even used yet.

Can you help, all I want is my new phone?

Dee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

Bumping this for a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Cancel the payment. That'll get their attention.

Cancel the payment. That'll get their attention.
    My other half has his company's phones with them and never a problem, as soon as I move to them it's like they have lost the art of communication

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

I hope you can help.

I bought an iphone 7 from Eir Business 3 weeks ago, while setting up realised the wifi and bluetooth would not turn on.
    A quick google showed this could be an antenna issue. After a call to Eir where various CS staff suggested that i turn it off and on again it became apparent that this was not a user error. A courier was due the next day but arrived two days later to bring the phone to Fonemenders.
    Was told that it could take up to ten days to fix - this did not sit well with me as didn't want a repaired phone as i had not even got to make call on my new phone.

Anyway a week passes and no call from Eir so I rang to eventually find out that Fonemenders could not even unlock the phone but nobody had thought to ring me...
    Despite being assured by the CS team leader that they would be in contact "in the next few days" I have not heard anything since.
    I an reluctant to ring again as I fear I will get the run around with nobody taking responsibility.

It should be noted in fairness that there was a token gesture offer as compensation that was appreciated, but today i received the first bill that listed the cost of the phone that I haven't even used yet.

Dee
    Hi  return guide,

Sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The repair time will always vary I'm afraid depending on the issue affecting the handset. Can you PM me your name, mobile number & pin and Ill follow this up for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi,

I hope you can help.

Dee
    Hi  return guide,

The repair time will always vary I'm afraid depending on the issue affecting the handset. Can you PM me your name, mobile number & pin and Ill follow this up for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    PM gone to you now Pamela, thanks

• Advertisement

Hi,

I hope you can help.

Dee
    Hi  return guide,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    PM gone to you now Pamela, thanks

Hi,

I hope you can help.

Dee
    Hi  return guide,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    I understand that it takes time to diagnose the fault but you have had it for nearly three weeks, and I had it for a day.
    Btw surely a day old phone would warrant a replacement rather than repair.

Hi,

I hope you can help.

Dee
    Hi  return guide,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    I understand that it takes time to diagnose the fault but you have had it for nearly three weeks, and I had it for a day.
    I've PM'ed you the reason that has caused this delay return guide. As soon as you get back to me I'll update the repairs team.

-Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

OP I would not accept a repair get onto Comreg asap you should not be treated like this.

Hi,

I hope you can help.

Dee
    Hi  return guide,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    I've PM'ed you the reason that has caused this delay return guide. As soon as you get back to me I'll update the repairs team.

-Pamela
    Pamela,
    They have the phone for over two weeks, When I rang last week they asked for the code.
    Now your PM says that they couldn't that they haven't done anything because they still haven't got the code .

Why could they not pick up a phone and ask me. 

The delay is on Eir and fonefixers for not being pro active.

Apple have said they will replace it so can you send it back to me.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I hope you can help.

Dee
    Hi  return guide,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

-Pamela
    Pamela,
    They have the phone for over two weeks, When I rang last week they asked for the code.
    Now your PM says that they couldn't that they haven't done anything because they still haven't got the code .

Why could they not pick up a phone and ask me. 

The delay is on Eir and fonefixers for not being pro active.

Apple have said they will replace it so can you send it back to me.
    Can you PM me the code  return guide & I'll update the fonfix team.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

If you just organise the return of the phone Apple will replace it.

Thanks

Thanks
    I'm afraid I would be unable to arrange this from here return guide. I would recommend contacting the business team directly on 1800601701.

-Pamela 

Thanks
    I'm afraid I would be unable to arrange this from here return guide. I would recommend contacting the business team directly on 1800601701.

-Pamela 
    Thanks Pamela,

I got on to the team and they say they will look into it !!

Can tell you me how to make an official complaint ? 

Thanks

-Pamela 
    Thanks Pamela,

I got on to the team and they say they will look into it !!

Can tell you me how to make an official complaint ? 
    No problem at all  return guide.
    You can log a formal complaint online here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement