Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa mission in search of alien life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What the hell is under that ice ???
    Probably nothing, but it's worth a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

I don't know, I like to think there is life akin to those worms that live near the volcanic vents at the bottom of the pacific.

Probably dreaming though, this is a great film - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2051879/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Can't wait until we start exploring this solar system and setting off to terraform planets for human habitation.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 weekday

aliens listen to gabber techno, hardcore aliens

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Can't wait until we start exploring this solar system and setting off to terraform planets for human habitation.:)
    I don't think that will ever happen. I think we might find that there's only one planet that works for us, earth. I think we'll just make spaceships where we can have complete control and aren't stuck trying to make an unsuitable planet work.

Terraforming would take hundreds if not thousands of years, we'll have to have developed pretty sophisticated ships to live in during that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

be curious how they are going to keep earth microbes off any probe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

irishgeo wrote: »

Did they bother with the Mars probes ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

irishgeo wrote: »
    ethylene oxide is one way

really nasty stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Did they bother with the Mars probes ?

no. its not even alllowed near any water it finds.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/69391/why-curiosity-rover-forbidden-collecting-water-mars

With that in mind how are they going to get around the law if they plan to visit icy europa?

Advertisement