Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staff room chat

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I would be extremely peed off too. It's childish behaviour to go running to the principal. Okay if you said it in front of children then that's a different matter but you said it in a canteen. Strictly that is your own time and you can say what you like. And I know the PC crowd are going jump up and down and say you're still in the workplace but if it came to a disciplinary issue I would definitely be arguing that I was on a break.

Other than that not much you can do, horrible to have to sit in a canteen with her afterwards but feck it, grin and bear it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

After 30+ years of staff canteen I've learned that the best approach is to keep it a completely controversy-free zone. No politics no religion no discussing anyone who isn't there no even mild swear words and no graphic descriptions of your social life.
    There's loads to talk about that won't upset or offend anyone, keep your opinion on controversial subjects to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

From the minute you step in the door of the workplace until you leave you must be aware that work rules apply and you should behave accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

heldel00 wrote:
    You need to get out and meet a few more primary teachers because your representation of us there is ridiculous.

I thought that was hilarious actually! Am sure it's a bit of a generalisation but I'd say there is a grain of truth there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,976 ✭✭✭✭listermint

infogiver wrote: »
    After 30+ years of staff canteen I've learned that the best approach is to keep it a completely controversy-free zone. No politics no religion no discussing anyone who isn't there no even mild swear words and no graphic descriptions of your social life.
    There's loads to talk about that won't upset or offend anyone, keep your opinion on controversial subjects to yourself.

Most boring job / person ever .

Oh and the username is not apt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I thought that was hilarious actually! Am sure it's a bit of a generalisation but I'd say there is a grain of truth there.

Far more than just a grain.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'd say working with me would give the SNA a nervous breakdown.:P And I'm not even the worst in the office. We don't swear constantly, but sometimes discussions of current affairs, or being flat out trying to meet a deadline or a printer misbehaving, its human nature to swear a little. I'm sure your boss was trying really hard not to roll her eyes at her tattling on you.

Is it a religious school? I'm wondering if it was does she think that all staff should be devout just like her and feels that you don't fit the school ethos. But that's her problem, not yours.

Look, she's shown you who she is. Make note of it for the future, be coolly polite and civil to her, but cultivate friendships elsewhere. She's destructive and vindictive and could damage your career if you don't keep her at arms length.

Advertisement