Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need A Bit of Help Please

Options
  • 27-02-2017 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I quit smoking a while ago with an e-cig, a cheap cigarette sized one from Jacvapour I think the company was. However recently I feel a relapse coming on especially after meals. I just need something to take a nice deep drag of but all the cheap e-cigs dont do it for me anymore, they all seem to taste of burning plastic when I pull, I seem to be getting more of a drag of burning coil/wick than vapour.

I really dont want another hobby building coils and messing around with voltages etc and I want to avoid buying one of those huge devices with a fag box sized battery and screen etc. Can anyone point me to a decent tube shaped e-cig that gives a good drag, is well built and has universal replacement coils available from places like Ebay not expensive proprietary parts?

I was thinking about one of these but totally open to suggestions:

http://www.smoktech.com/kit/stick-v8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Thargor wrote: »
    Hi,

I quit smoking a while ago with an e-cig, a cheap cigarette sized one from Jacvapour I think the company was. However recently I feel a relapse coming on especially after meals. I just need something to take a nice deep drag of but all the cheap e-cigs dont do it for me anymore, they all seem to taste of burning plastic when I pull, I seem to be getting more of a drag of burning coil/wick than vapour.

I really dont want another hobby building coils and messing around with voltages etc and I want to avoid buying one of those huge devices with a fag box sized battery and screen etc. Can anyone point me to a decent tube shaped e-cig that gives a good drag, is well built and has universal replacement coils available from places like Ebay not expensive proprietary parts?

Never tried this Smok,it looks the bees knees,good battery life,I have used the baby beast & that is pretty good,the .1 & .2 coils will give you clouds & will also run your battery down fairly quick & the beast will guzzle your juice,depending how you vape,I would go through 30ml of juice a day or less using the beast.
    Has any Irish sites got it,might be what your looking for or try the Pockex,I have 2 & I can recommend it for a restricted lung hit or a slightly loose mouth to lung,use 18mg juice to take away those cravings...
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/829-aspire-pockex-aio-starter-kit.html

Here is a new video of the Smok Stick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Qfaacogyo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lots on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=smok&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC1.A0.H0.Xsmok+v8.TRS0&_nkw=smok+v8&_sacat=0

That review looks alright, do you think Ill do better with any other make/model?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hi,

The V8 is a beast but it's very much a Direct Lung device, and i'd advise against anything higher than 6ml in it. I would recommend the Vape Pen 22 in your situation, 12-18mg should be okay and it can double as both Direct and Mouth to Lung, although i would recommend no higher than 6mg if taking it Direct.

There are some alternatives though- Ego AIO, Innokin T18 spring to mind, which would be a nice handy Mouth to Lung device, AIO in particular is very tidy in the hand and the pocket. These devices again are handy vapes in the 12-18mg bracket. You have been recommended 24mg and while that would be a better hit, i would recommend the 18mg in it's place with regard to the incoming regulations.

I own all of the devices i have listed above, so it's all based on experience.

Yeah the SMOK is looking like a bit too much of a beast for me in fairness.

Im really just interested in it being a smooth taste and throat hit, basically like a fag not a tube of burning plastic! What do you reccomend out of those? The AIO looks good, not too worried about portability or anything like that either as long as its not as big as a SMOK or a mod.

• Advertisement

Yeah the SMOK is looking like a bit too much of a beast for me in fairness.

Im really just interested in it being a smooth taste and throat hit, basically like a fag not a tube of burning plastic! What do you reccomend out of those? The AIO looks good, not too worried about portability or anything like that either as long as its not as big as a SMOK or a mod.

Where are you based? If you were local enough to me, i have all the devices so i'd be happy to meet you and show you them. If that's not possible, i'd actually recommend the 22 Vape- it is a DTL device but can be used MTL. Second to that, i'd favour the T18 over the AIO, i find the flavour and hit to be better from the T18, and the AIO can be troublesome around coil change time.

The other thing i'd suggest is to not limit yourself to just pen style- i know when i made the changeover first i thought there's no way you'll catch me with a big ass box mod- now i pretty much run them exclusively. And i find that direct is a lot more satisfying than MTL. You say that you don't want anything as big as a mod, but there are some excellent tiny mods out there- i have an Intu Mini which is just super handy size wise, it's very similar in size to the eleaf mini but is a 40w device, so lots more ooomph out of it, and the coils are as generic as they come.

Now, if you wanted to hold to the pen style but wanted a decent sub ohm starter, the Aspire PockeX looks to be nice, haven't used one but i know a lot of shops replaced the AIO with this as it's a better performer, but i don't know much about coil availability, i think* it's the same as the Nautilus X but open to correction.

Is there a good vape shop near you? Any decent vendor should be able to prescribe something to you based on what you want/need. Do remember, it's a bit trial by fire, and it often doesn't click straight away.

Never tried this Smok,it looks the bees knees,good battery life,I have used the baby beast & that is pretty good,the .1 & .2 coils will give you clouds & will also run your battery down fairly quick & the beast will guzzle your juice,depending how you vape,I would go through 30ml of juice a day or less using the beast.
    Has any Irish sites got it,might be what your looking for or try the Pockex,I have 2 & I can recommend it for a restricted lung hit or a slightly loose mouth to lung,use 18mg juice to take away those cravings...
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/829-aspire-pockex-aio-starter-kit.html

I hadn't even noticed you'd said that- is it the same coils as the Nautilus X? It does look like a cracking little whacker alright, but i always feel like Aspire devices could be a bit....better....

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I hadn't even noticed you'd said that- is it the same coils as the Nautilus X? It does look like a cracking little whacker alright, but i always feel like Aspire devices could be a bit....better....

No,the NautilusX coils were sh1t,the Pockex have a completely different new 0.6 coil which is excellent & they are compatible with the NautilusX.
    I find with most tubular mods that they leak if left on their side,especially the Pockex,the vacuum seems to build up & forces the juice out.I never leave any tank on it's side,I have 2 Pockex which I keep upright & never had a leak.
    The only tanks that I can trust that does not leak when on its side is the iclear S & the Nautilus Mini,they are always on my bed,even when sleeping:D:D that's the only place I do MTL...

If you are reading this Thargor,don't get the Pockex if you are prone to leaving it on its side...

Where are you based? If you were local enough to me, i have all the devices so i'd be happy to meet you and show you them. If that's not possible, i'd actually recommend the 22 Vape- it is a DTL device but can be used MTL. Second to that, i'd favour the T18 over the AIO, i find the flavour and hit to be better from the T18, and the AIO can be troublesome around coil change time.

The other thing i'd suggest is to not limit yourself to just pen style- i know when i made the changeover first i thought there's no way you'll catch me with a big ass box mod- now i pretty much run them exclusively. And i find that direct is a lot more satisfying than MTL. You say that you don't want anything as big as a mod, but there are some excellent tiny mods out there- i have an Intu Mini which is just super handy size wise, it's very similar in size to the eleaf mini but is a 40w device, so lots more ooomph out of it, and the coils are as generic as they come.

Now, if you wanted to hold to the pen style but wanted a decent sub ohm starter, the Aspire PockeX looks to be nice, haven't used one but i know a lot of shops replaced the AIO with this as it's a better performer, but i don't know much about coil availability, i think* it's the same as the Nautilus X but open to correction.

Is there a good vape shop near you? Any decent vendor should be able to prescribe something to you based on what you want/need. Do remember, it's a bit trial by fire, and it often doesn't click straight away.
    Thanks a million for all that.

So do you think the PockeX with some 18 mg juice could be the solution? Or does it leak too much?

• Advertisement

So do you think the PockeX with some 18 mg juice could be the solution? Or does it leak too much?

My 2 Pockex has never leaked because when I'm not using it I stand it upright,but there are others on here that leaked because they left it on its side which causes a vacuum in the tank & the juice wants to escape.
    I would use 6mg if you are doing direct lung or 18mg for mouth to lung...

I might have it in my pocket on a night out when I need it though...

I might have it in my pocket on a night out when I need it though...

That should be alright,just don't leave it lying down overnight,I used a small empty cardboard box & punched a hole in it & forced the Pockex through & voila,a Pockex stand is born:D:D

And don't forget to prime the new coil before you use it...

Great stuff thanks, is the Pockex the one for me then you think? Moneys not really an issue here I just want good performance and to be able to get the coils for it...

The other thing i'd suggest is to not limit yourself to just pen style-
    Nah it really has to be penstyle tbh, its just to get me over the hump after a meal and/or drinks, ideally until I give up nicotine for good.

Great stuff thanks, is the Pockex the one for me then you think? Moneys not really an issue here I just want good performance and to be able to get the coils for it...

I would get a couple of spare tanks in case you break one http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/828-aspire-pockex-2ml-replacement-pyrex-tube.html

Also get some spare coils,these are completely new,they have SS 316 now,so get yourself some 0.6ohm SS316 http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/702-aspire-nautilus-x-u-tech-coil-head.html

Would the Pockex be the one you'd go for though, if you wanted a penstyle one?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I bought my brother an AM10 from VIP. He loves it now, but started of with the cigalikes and was caving in. Juice goes up to 24mgs for a really decent hit, but that's coming down soon under new regs.

Anyway, he hasn't smoked a real cigarette since.

I reckon VIP will be flamed here, as I have never seen it mentioned. But it worked for him.

Hope you get sorted. People here know a lot about this.

Would the Pockex be the one you'd go for though, if you wanted a penstyle one?

I've already given my answer so I presume you need others to confirm:)

Here are 2 more videos of pen style mods...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhsbSsjgQTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBZrA6krXLM

Never used either but the reviewer always gives an honest review...

• Advertisement

Oh sorry you did, needed to read the thread again, I reckon it will be the Pockex I order tonight so. Thanks a million for help everybody.

Advertisement