Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else find the Irish mock aural difficult?

• 27-02-2017 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Am I the only one who found the aural difficult in the Irish JC mock? I found it so hard to understand the accents in some of them. I mean, first speaker was okay, but the rest were pretty difficult to follow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Arer

My teacher has told us one is always intentionally very difficult and that it's intended to show who the A students are. I think mostly everyone struggles with the aural tbh -- me included -_-''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭ng1

Can anyone recommend a good book/CD sets to practice for the aural?

I never ever learnt for my oral. I don't know my sraith pictiur, my rolghlacadh. I just know my me fein :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gabrielius wrote: »
    I never ever learnt for my oral. I don't know my sraith pictiur, my rolghlacadh. I just know my me fein :)

But they were talking about the listening, not the oral :confused:.

Oh, talk about not reading previous posts XD

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Watch TnaG. You will get an ear for all sorts of accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭leinsterjack

Am I the only one who found the aural difficult in the Irish JC mock? I found it so hard to understand the accents in some of them. I mean, first speaker was okay, but the rest were pretty difficult to follow.

I think generally, it was intended to be challenging. I found it a step up from past papers but it is intended to make you better.

Advertisement