Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carol Nash Bike Show - Parking?

• 27-02-2017 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Anyone here heading to this?

Never been myself and haven't heard great things about it compared to the NEC/MCN so I haven't my hopes set too high. Thinking about heading up for a gander none the less. Although I'll have to take the car as both bikes off the road for various reasons. Anyone know what the craic is parking at the RDS with the cage? Cost an arm and a leg I'm sure.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Heading past the RDS on your left take the next left (I think from memory) and off down there a bit and there was parking organised around a church... can't rem what it was but it wasn't outrageous....

I've done alright there before, NI crowd with a big stall (biggest?) reduced the low end stuff to near giveaway last knockings 4 years ago. As with everything it's about scale...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Anyone here heading to this?

Never been myself and haven't heard great things about it compared to the NEC/MCN so I haven't my hopes set too high. Thinking about heading up for a gander none the less. Although I'll have to take the car as both bikes off the road for various reasons. Anyone know what the craic is parking at the RDS with the cage? Cost an arm and a leg I'm sure.:rolleyes:

Car parking in the RDS showgrounds is usually only about 6 euro.
    Never had any problems with car or bike parking in it before.
    Will be at the RDS on Friday and Sunday too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Never been before - Any suggestions on the best day to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Hi Guys,

Was hoping to get some "cheap" Daytona boots there...
    Any experience from previous years?

How long would you usually stay there? Are 1-2 hours enough or is this more of an all day event?
    Have to plan ahead with wife/kids or I just just bring them with me:D

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

DONT GO , ITS A SCAM.............:D

Pi$$ poor this year...i was expecting something but the show was'nt it....very disapointing..i feel sorry for anyone who had/has to pay in....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭MSVforever

DONT GO , ITS A SCAM.............:D

Pi$$ poor this year...i was expecting something but the show was'nt it....very disapointing..i feel sorry for anyone who had/has to pay in....

Sorry to hear.
    Im going with a few lads on Sunday (well its the first time we re going so we dont have a benchmark yet).
    Is it the show overall or what the exhibitors are offering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'll be over on Sunday, might take the car this year.

Just bear in mind that if you park on the street and then pay into the show you can not leave the venue and be re admitted again ~ which is a real pain in the arse, meaning you're dragging your bike gear around with you.

I've only heard good things from the first day, but its really down to your expectations. For me its as much social as it is seeing the bikes, stunting etc.

Its usually a good show IMO, but people's opinions differ.

A few stands I want to visit, the DSI being at the top of my list.. If you visit this stand please consider a donation to a brilliant cause, and this one is the first without a dear friend to me and many of us ~ Aidan Lynam RIP.

I seen photos of Eddie Laycock's GP bike, now this won't mean sh*t to anyone who wasn't around in the late 80's and early 90's. But I'm dying to see his Millers Transport GP bike.

I believe there's a big Joey stand too, need I say more!.

The Garda stand is worth a look and a chat too.

For info, I've never found a bargain at the show.. I thought I did one year (the last show), I bought a pair of RST Slice textile pants at a decent price ~ they were sh*t, like a sponge in the rain so shop with caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

Like what was said above , the show is what you make of it . Personally I'm interested in the track side of bikes , the California superbike lads are supposed to be there , loughshinny have a stand , the motorcycle marshals are there and looking for people to join up (I marshal myself ) . I've done a few rev ups so I'd drop by the dsi stand for a natter . The new blade is on the Honda stand which I have yet to see . That's not mentioning the racing and stunt competition that's running aswell or the talks with Laycock and Mcguinness or the Dunlop display . Actually there's quite a bit on that I'd have an interest in but unfortunately I'll be stuck on the mondello stand tomorrow and will probably miss most of it ! If you fancy talking sh1te about trackdays for a bit drop by and tell me what I'm missing at the rest of the show :-)

A few tasters,for now....

20170303_152001_zpsnzvnej2z.jpg

20170303_152741_zpsjmb2zjo4.jpg

20170303_150420_zpsgyjcxueq.jpg

20170303_142009_zpsnhvajvjw.jpg

20170303_140730_zpswhkovvae.jpg

20170303_134955_zpsri0qlumr.jpg

20170303_135353_zpswhiwgyrt.jpg

20170303_155043_zpsuseulvda.jpg

20170303_155331_zps4mzgmsju.jpg

20170303_155021_zpsscdne8h2.jpg

20170303_160259_zpsbfaqnrgw.jpg

20170303_165119_zpsjqob209h.jpg

20170303_162425_zpsoorsgh3s.jpg

20170303_162322_zpsxjauxihv.jpg

Bike parking is free,secure and DRY too.

See pics above.

Cars can be parked in the Simonscourt carpark for 6 euro.
    The bike show is RDS building number 1 opposite the old AIB Bank site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

Went to the show today, doubt i would go again tbh. A few bargains to be had and i picked up a much needed can of ACF50 and a new tax disc holder, but i think i'll stick to a winter break in Birmingham for the show at the NEC.

I have had my eye on a few bikes for a while now, and had hoped to narrow it down and finally make a decision on it - but Suzuki didn't have the GSX S125 so i couldn't get another look at it. I know it's not being released until summer, but having seen it at the bike show in Birmingham last year i was hoping to get another look at it. Didn't see a KTM stand there at all, so didn't get to see the new Duke 125, so of the 3 bikes i wanted to see again, the Yamaha MT125 was the only one i got to see. I think fate is telling me to stick with my favourite lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

Went Friday with wife and kids. Walking to the door some lad carrying a bike tyre very kindly gave me a pair of tickets. If it was you Thanks very much made my day. Put me in a really good mood and made me justify in my head a new pair of boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I thought the show was quite good, alot of stands pretty much all the key marque's there . Bit packed by 2 o clock so go earlier.

Tbh those comparing it with the NEC which is 6 times the size are off their heads.

Completely unfair comparison completely different market sizes.

Good show we should support these things so they grow each year.

Would go again

The above is just my opinion, i dont do sports bikes or cruisers so you see my disappointment..i went for the older stuff and customs ,which was wayyy down on last time...It seemed a lot smaller that 2 years ago...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

listermint wrote: »
    I thought the show was quite good, alot of stands pretty much all the key marque's there . Bit packed by 2 o clock so go earlier.

Tbh those comparing it with the NEC which is 6 times the size are off their heads.

Completely unfair comparison completely different market sizes.

Good show we should support these things so they grow each year.

Would go again

The same as Max, my comment is just my opinion. I'm aware that the 125cc market is small in this country, but as i am in the market to buy one, that was my main reason for visiting the show.

KTM weren't there (they were listed on the show website, under bikes on show, but the list of models said TBA)and Suzuki didn't have the model that is due for release later this year at the show. For me the UK show was better because i got to see all the models from the key marques and some brands i had never heard of. The show was very busy when i was there yesterday and i've no doubt the majority would go again, i reckon they could do with a larger venue though, as some of the stands were quite small, yamaha's seemed quite cramped in sections.

chasm wrote: »
    The same as Max, my comment is just my opinion. I'm aware that the 125cc market is small in this country, but as i am in the market to buy one, that was my main reason for visiting the show.

KTM weren't there (they were listed on the show website, under bikes on show, but the list of models said TBA)and Suzuki didn't have the model that is due for release later this year at the show. For me the UK show was better because i got to see all the models from the key marques and some brands i had never heard of. The show was very busy when i was there yesterday and i've no doubt the majority would go again, i reckon they could do with a larger venue though, as some of the stands were quite small, yamaha's seemed quite cramped in sections.

Its funny how there seems to be so many "bikers" all of a sudden.........where do they hide...:)

I believe its very pricy for a pitch...anyone confer..??

Savage work all the same lads.we should talk the shows down consistently and then say you won't be back.

Sure fire way of making sure they don't grow.

Not sure what the biker comment was about tbh.

Bit of a weird one. Do my 2 machines sitting out the back garden get me a biker card....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I've missed the NEC for the last two years, so was interested in some new bike shopping, specifically for an A1 bike for my young lad and a passing interest in a super scooter for me.

But anyone expecting NEC or Intermot is deluding themselves : ireland is a miniscule market, and the show reflects that. It's aimed at older established bikers - which is where my plan went awol. And the NEC show can be very hit & miss too btw. It's not always great.

Nothing for young people at all imho. Only 1 or 2 A1 bikes at the show, and product knowledge remarkably woeful. Mr Yamaha told me straight up that he knew nothing about it, and referred me to Megabikes stand......Suzuki stand very poor and just said buy a GN125......Herald bike looked nice, but again lack of knowledge and.... €6k for a Chinese 250 ?...and their 125 was more than the Honda.....which leads me, ironically to.....

Was interested in the G310 BMW only to find -again - it's launch has been postponed. The 3rd time I've enquired since last November and each date has been missed. Issues with quality of finish is what I was told, and the bikes returned. ...to China. Imagine boasting about that - better off just buying a Chinese bike if that's the case...

No Kawasaki, no KTM, both of whom do have product, which I found most odd.

I really liked the Indians.....would love to try one.

Got a good deal on a helmet from HG stand and bought a few chargers.

All in all had a good day, easy cheap parking, met lots of people, and I think given the size of our market, a fair show - fair play to the traders who did come as these shows are expensive to attend, so I hope they get a return on their investment.

To run this every year would be a bad idea imho - every 2nd or 3rd would be enough.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Just home, and lighter by nearly a weeks wage lol.

I really enjoyed this years show, but for me its almost a social outing and I don't know who I'm going to cross paths with.

I'd say the attendance (today anyway) was way up on previous shows and the hall extended back further ~ now I didn't notice this but it was pointed out to me by a few lads.

Believe it or not the only bike I really wanted to see was the Honda adventure scooter, I'm glad I did now because now I know I'd never buy one. Nothing about it looks right.

The custom bike stand was probably up or the same as the last show, but custom bikes bore me to tears unless its one which is in daily use. But a bike which is garaged and only rolled out for a show ~ get fcuked.

I loved the old Japs, esp the almost original 1982 Suzuki Katana, the old DT 175 and RD 350 in the Kenny Roberts colors. Oh and mommy, the Nortons <3

Disappointed the Garda stand wasn't there this year, and try as I might I just couldn't find the lads from DSI.

On a very personal note, I hated seeing Masseys Bros bike hearse. I've had two biker friends carried in it. And leaving the show I met one of their widow's, stupidly I forgot to give her a heads up that the bike hearse was there.. Like I said this is just a very personal thing for me, but a lot of lads were taking photos of it and seemed to enjoy seeing it ~ I sincerely hope you or your dear family or friends are never carried in it.

Its my birthday this week so I treated myself to a beautiful black leather waistcoat, its a beauty and I'm over the moon with my little treat :)

Great show, really glad I went now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

galwaytt wrote: »
    Was interested in the G310 BMW only to find -again - it's launch has been postponed. The 3rd time I've enquired since last November and each date has been missed. Issues with quality of finish is what I was told, and the bikes returned. ...to China. Imagine boasting about that - better off just buying a Chinese bike if that's the case..

I thought BMW had a factory deal with TVS in India to knock these out? Which begs the question why would they be returned....to China?

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Savage work all the same lads.we should talk the shows down consistently and then say you won't be back.

Sure fire way of making sure they don't grow.

Not sure what the biker comment was about tbh.

Bit of a weird one. Do my 2 machines sitting out the back garden get me a biker card....

Not sure what the whole post is about mate...
    A few lads having a banter on a very unpopulated bike forum won't make anyone dealer start sweating ...
    My comment about "bikers" was tongue in cheek..no explanation required..;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Honda adventure scooter, I'm glad I did now because now I know I'd never buy one. Nothing about it looks right.

Curiosity made me look that up - now I wish I hadn't.

macplaxton wrote: »
    Curiosity made me look that up - now I wish I hadn't.

Yes, it was a horrid looking thing.

Went today was ok, same as usual. Hour and a halfs entertainment and then home, stewy I have no idea how you spent 2 days there haha

Serious lack of dolly birds at the stands

Went today was ok, same as usual. Hour and a halfs entertainment and then home, stewy I have no idea how you spent 2 days there haha

Agreed.

However the Nash stand itself had some impressions .... :)

Plenty of skinny skanks there friday...:D

I believe its very pricy for a pitch...anyone confer..??

Yes, I can confirm: had an interest in doing something myself there, but not at the crazy prices.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

lolz - have to say the Indian stand won that one hands down - even over the CN girls.

Ode To The Motorist

macplaxton wrote: »
    I thought BMW had a factory deal with TVS in India to knock these out? Which begs the question why would they be returned....to China?

Good point, dunno: but the guy def said China.
    And all the G650 F650 Sertao's are def made in China.........got a slating in MCN for rusting a while back.

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

On a very personal note, I hated seeing Masseys Bros bike hearse. I've had two biker friends carried in it. And leaving the show I met one of their widow's, stupidly I forgot to give her a heads up that the bike hearse was there.. Like I said this is just a very personal thing for me, but a lot of lads were taking photos of it and seemed to enjoy seeing it ~ I sincerely hope you or your dear family or friends are never carried in it.

Everyone will eventually end up in a hearse. If they've lived a long life its a good thing and a bike version is great. It's when they use it too early then it's not going to make the slightest difference what the hearse is, it's always tragic.

Advertisement