Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carol Nash Bike Show - Parking?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

galwaytt wrote: »
    lolz - have to say the Indian stand won that one hands down - even over the CN girls.

You obviously didnt see the RoadRacing Ireland girls walking around in their skintight allmost painted on leotards.

Serious female curves going on there,if you get me.:D:

Indian Girls.

20170303_160259_zpsbfaqnrgw.jpg

Del2005 wrote: »
    Everyone will eventually end up in a hearse. If they've lived a long life its a good thing and a bike version is great. It's when they use it too early then it's not going to make the slightest difference what the hearse is, it's always tragic.

Well we had a Jesus Lover on his bike with large cross attached at the NI show and then the grim reaper bike hearse at the Dublin show.

Thought the bike hearse wasnt a nice thing to see at the motorbike show personally speaking.

Whats next???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Well we had a Jesus Lover on his bike with large cross attached at the NI show and then the grim reaper bike hearse at the Dublin show.

Thought the bike hearse wasnt a nice thing to see at the motorbike show personally speaking.

Whats next???

The ostrich mentality I think. Do'nt see it and it wo'nt happen :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Whats next???

Strange one but by the same token it's there prime market to target. Odd alright but they won't get a better audience other than people sharing pics of it on social media.

I got to alot of car shows,and I dont see funeral directors or hearses there at them advertising their trade though.

Just think its a bit creepy and offputting to see it at the bike show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I got to alot of car shows,and I dont see funeral directors or hearses there at them advertising their trade though.

I also thought it was a bit of a slap in the face....i literally wouldnt be seen dead in it...Whats next, a crash scene with a decapitated biker corpse and everyone standing around taking selfies....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This is a funeral of a mate of mine, recorded from the back of my bike.

He was three years dead last week.

The bike is a HD now, but the same hearse/sidecar.

Me and Paul (Judge Dredd).. He was the best Judge.. RIP man :(

411190.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Most motorcyclists die of natural causes, not bike accidents, so a bike themed hears is an expression of their life long passion imho, nothing else.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They don't need to advertise car hearses because that's what everyone expects, even horse drawn hearses are common. But a bike hearse is a niche and the best place to reach it's target market is a bike show. As I said it's the reason the person is using the vehicle which is tragic not the vehicle. When I eventually need to use one I hope my family picks the bike rather than a Merc regardless of the reason I'm in it.

Do you think that PPE stands are creepy? They are marketing that if you don't use our gear you'll need to use the vehicle which creeps you out or worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Overall I enjoyed the bike show. Especially the BMW and Triumph stands. I was also impressed by how comfy the MT 09 Tracer was.
    The classic bikes were also great to look at and I liked the Rockabilly band.

I wasn't too impressed by the clothes stands (sizes and brands). One crowed (Maddocks in Bray) was selling Daytona boots but were running out of stock...their prices were the same as in the big online shops in Germany so I def will be giving them the business.

I didnt spent too much money. Was only buying some baselayers, food and tickets for DSI, guide dogs for the blind etc

I also think the hearse display was a bit strange...

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    They don't need to advertise car hearses because that's what everyone expects, even horse drawn hearses are common. But a bike hearse is a niche and the best place to reach it's target market is a bike show. As I said it's the reason the person is using the vehicle which is tragic not the vehicle. When I eventually need to use one I hope my family picks the bike rather than a Merc regardless of the reason I'm in it.

Do you think that PPE stands are creepy? They are marketing that if you don't use our gear you'll need to use the vehicle which creeps you out or worse.

Not at a car show ...i'd bet a hearse at a car show would draw the same conversations as here...Maybe a blacked out ice cream van for the dead kiddies at the toy show.....??
    Inappropriate is what i thought...just like burn-outs in a cemetry...;)

BTW....did anyone else witness the student type dropping the Triumph scrambler...clown..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

MSVforever wrote: »
    I wasn't too impressed by the clothes stands (sizes and brands). .

Well now here's everyone's chance to laugh at me.

I bought a lovely leather waistcoat, heavy with buckles and nice pocket/storage space inside ~ I came home and checked the stores online prices, and the bastards ripper me off by twenty Euro!.. I could have bought it from them cheaper online, ****.

I bought a lovely leather waistcoat, heavy with buckles and nice pocket/storage space inside ~ I came home and checked the stores online prices, and the bastards ripper me off by twenty Euro!.. I could have bought it from them cheaper online, ****.

Im not laughing.:pac:

I bought meself a Yamaha Tech 3 jacket at the show for 50 euro.
    It was 40 quid sterling up at the NI show so 50 euro isnt too bad.:)

Did the waistcoat come with a vagina...............:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

galwaytt wrote: »
    Good point, dunno: but the guy def said China.
    And all the G650 F650 Sertao's are def made in China.........got a slating in MCN for rusting a while back.

all?

Now I'm not up on these things by any stretch of the imagination, but I remember way back in the day of the Funduro F650, they were assembled by Aprilia in Italy with Austrian Rotax engines.

A quick look around says they assembled the "reintroduced" F650GS in Berlin, but engines/engine parts were made elsewhere (China / Taiwan / Austria). Such is the global supply chain for automotive parts, many other of the parts could be doing a trip round the world before final assembly. So they could be made anywhere. Who knows?

Anyway, back to what the guy said, I guess his product knowledge may be rather limited.

Advertisement