Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install Honeywell Alarm System

Options
  • 27-02-2017 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Im thinking of installing Honeywell Alarm Systems (wired) i was wondering if anyone has any reviews on them? also i would be looking to install dallier would it be hard to install the whole system its only small house. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thread moved to a more suitable home.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What model are you looking at?. There would be much easier options for a self install.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭damienf1

KoolKid wrote: »
    What model are you looking at?. There would be much easier options for a self install.

Honeywell 8EP407N5-ADV. i prefer the wired option over the wireless but any help would be great

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That would be one of the more basic systems. Should be Ok there with a self install.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Hi if your house is prewired then the norm is shock and contact sensors on doors and windows with a back up of a motion detector or two . The problem with that Honeywell panel is it doesn't take shock sensors .The only sensors that will work is contact and motion detectors also the only comms option is a landline voice dialler you would have no control of the alarm remotely .As was said all ready there are much better options available out there .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The accenta is fairly basic, but it is very reliable and quite easy to install.
    You can use shock sensors, just make sure you get the correct ones. Honeywell make a sensor called the viper, very reliable and easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭damienf1

stuartkee wrote: »
    Hi if your house is prewired then the norm is shock and contact sensors on doors and windows with a back up of a motion detector or two . The problem with that Honeywell panel is it doesn't take shock sensors .The only sensors that will work is contact and motion detectors also the only comms option is a landline voice dialler you would have no control of the alarm remotely .As was said all ready there are much better options available out there .

Think its seems like good system for what iv have heard. i dont mind about the remote alarm but are the dalliers a good?

Advertisement