Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyne GP 2017 Sun March 12th info

Options
  • 27-02-2017 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭

The following is the schedule and info for Boyne GP in Gormalough near Slane on Sun March 12th.
    Sign on is in Ryans pub on the R163 Kells Rd which is approx. 6km from Slane village.
    As it is still March one day licences will be available but if required come early.
    Racing will be on the usual 12km circuit and racing will be at STAGGERED START TIMES .to ensure and help rider safety on the roads.
    Sign on will open at 9am and will remain open straight through until 12.30.
    Parking is in the usual off road facility adjacent to the pub.

SCHEDULE AS FOLLOWS

10.30 am A2 Race 7 x laps 84km
    10.33 am A4 Race 5 x laps 60km

12.45pm A1 Race 8 x laps 96km
    12.49pm A3/Jun Race 6 x laps 72km

Prizes for the earlier two events will be presented as soon as the later two events have started.
    If I have forgotten anything belt away and ask..Wav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Are One Day licenses available please Wav1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭wav1

Inquitus wrote: »
    Are One Day licenses available please Wav1?
    As per OP there will be one day licences available

wav1 wrote: »
    As per OP there will be one day licences available

Thanks sorry for my failed reading skills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

whats the course profile like. haven't done this one before?

whats the course profile like. haven't done this one before?

https://www.strava.com/segments/4197837

No major climbs, long drag up to the start finish from the final turn. Start finish is in the wrong place in this segment, as far as I remember its up by the first left turn per this segments start point.

• Advertisement

Thank you for posting the circuit..The finish is 1km BEFORE the turnoff from the R163 on the map.

REMINDER.
    All good to go as per schedule in OP.Please take note again of the staggered start times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone else from here heading out, not sure if I can go just yet myself

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I'm going alright. My first race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Not sure yet. Had cold last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

I'll be heading along. Hoping this is the race to pick up enough to upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭InTheAttic

Can't make it tomorrow unfortunately :( best of luck with that upgrade sarz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Going to give this a bash , no great expectations this year , ill be happy to finish it.

InTheAttic wrote: »
    Can't make it tomorrow unfortunately :( best of luck with that upgrade sarz

Cheers, unfortunately I ended up in the back of the ambulance for a lap. Thanks to all who organised the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Great racing circuit there wav, thanks to all in DW for the hard work!

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Cheers, unfortunately I ended up in the back of the ambulance for a lap. Thanks to all who organised the event.

Was your crash on the left turn after the pub , were you dressed in all black ?

sullzz wrote: »
    Was your crash on the left turn after the pub , were you dressed in all black ?

Sure was. Apologies if you got stuck behind me.

Sure was. Apologies if you got stuck behind me.

Didnt get stuck behind you , you were going well too .
    I hope youre ok , it looked like you were holding your arm .

sullzz wrote: »
    Didnt get stuck behind you , you were going well too .
    I hope youre ok , it looked like you were holding your arm .

Yeah just didn't see the gravel. My own fault. A lot of road rash and hit my elbow pretty hard. Pretty sure nothings broke. Just pretty disappointed. Always next week I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭InTheAttic

Yeah just didn't see the gravel. My own fault. A lot of road rash and hit my elbow pretty hard. Pretty sure nothings broke. Just pretty disappointed. Always next week I suppose.

That's unlucky. At least you're in 1 piece. What's the next race?

• Advertisement

InTheAttic wrote: »
    That's unlucky. At least you're in 1 piece. What's the next race?

Des Hanlon more than likely. Heard they chopped up some of the course and cut out one of the climbs or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Des Hanlon more than likely. Heard they chopped up some of the course and cut out one of the climbs or something to that effect.

Yeah I heard that also don't think it's the test it has been in previous years,unlucky today was a few bikes behind you when you came down looked nasty hope you heal well

Looked like nasty spill, hope you're alright.

Really enjoyed the race, nice circuit. Nobody was getting away with the headwind on the final run in to the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Miklos wrote: »

Really enjoyed the race, nice circuit. Nobody was getting away with the headwind on the final run in to the finish.

Spot on great circuit abit hairy early doors with the big group taught the motorbike marshal done a great job sorting things out at times but no opportunity to get up the road today the A2 race seemed to end the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Doc07

Miklos wrote: »

Well done. Surely your first ever race is worth a nice detailed report for me to read over coffee later after I put the kids to bed.

Thanks to all riders and race staff today.Just the above mentioned crash I think.Hope you get better soon.No other issues at all.340 riders across the 4 races and all went well.Sorry about the muck in the field but theres somethings even the wav can't sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Enjoyable day out , thanks wav

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Sarz91 wrote:

Anyone know the new route for this year

Anyone know the new route for this year

This was on the CRCC Facebook - https://www.strava.com/routes/3686142

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

wav1 wrote: »
    Thanks to all riders and race staff today.Just the above mentioned crash I think.Hope you get better soon.No other issues at all.340 riders across the 4 races and all went well.Sorry about the muck in the field but theres somethings even the wav can't sort.

..nothing wrong with a bitta muck!!

Advertisement