Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No TV or Broadband since Thursday

Options
  • 27-02-2017 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi, I am without Broadband and TV since the storm last Thursday. I logged a fault on your website on Thursday evening and I was in touch with your online helpdesk on Friday spending 47 minutes on your online chat facility to be told that there was a fault that was being investigated by your engineers. I was told on Friday that an engineer would contact me on Saturday to give me an update, but it is now Monday evening and I am still waiting for any contact from Eir. 

This is completely unsatisfactory as it is coming up to a week since I have had internet or TV. I was aware that there may have been disruption as a result of the storm and I was not expecting an immediate solution, but it is the lack of contact from your support team that has been the most frustrating aspect. I am currently out of contract and had no intention of changing providers up until now, but I have been reviewing my options this evening and I will be contacting alternative providers if this is not resolved asap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Toeuptony wrote: »
    Hi, I am without Broadband and TV since the storm last Thursday. I logged a fault on your website on Thursday evening and I was in touch with your online helpdesk on Friday spending 47 minutes on your online chat facility to be told that there was a fault that was being investigated by your engineers. I was told on Friday that an engineer would contact me on Saturday to give me an update, but it is now Monday evening and I am still waiting for any contact from Eir. 

This is completely unsatisfactory as it is coming up to a week since I have had internet or TV. I was aware that there may have been disruption as a result of the storm and I was not expecting an immediate solution, but it is the lack of contact from your support team that has been the most frustrating aspect. I am currently out of contract and had no intention of changing providers up until now, but I have been reviewing my options this evening and I will be contacting alternative providers if this is not resolved asap.
    Hi Toeuptony, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

The leadtime on a fault can be up to 5 working days. Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll check this for you? 

Thanks

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Toeuptony

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for the late reply. 

I was able to get my issue resolved after speaking to someone in technical support. The fix only took 5 minutes in the end which was very frustrating, as I had spent 45 minutes on a webchat on Friday evening and the fix that was eventually performed should have been attempted at that point. The lack of follow up from my two previous reports of the issue through other support channels was also extremely disappointing and doesn't inspire much confidence for the future. I mentioned to your complaints dept that I was previously satisfied with my Eir experience, but after this incident I have started to look at alternative providers. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Toeuptony wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for the late reply. 

I was able to get my issue resolved after speaking to someone in technical support. The fix only took 5 minutes in the end which was very frustrating, as I had spent 45 minutes on a webchat on Friday evening and the fix that was eventually performed should have been attempted at that point. The lack of follow up from my two previous reports of the issue through other support channels was also extremely disappointing and doesn't inspire much confidence for the future. I mentioned to your complaints dept that I was previously satisfied with my Eir experience, but after this incident I have started to look at alternative providers. 
    No problem Toeuptony, thanks for coming back to me with an update.

I'm really sorry to hear of this experience and apologies are definitely in order here. I'll have your feedback passed on to the relevant teams if you could PM me your name & account number.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement