Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's time to talk about... Are klopp and Liverpool done

• 27-02-2017 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

As the title suggests is it time to talk about klopp and Liverpool

Still seems to lack strategy,gameplay and players at the right level...

Is a parting of the ways on the horizon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

No.

They don't have the players.

Although Klopp isn't by any means perfect he's better than the vast majority of managers out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

This will get closed because people can't handle the truth.

For what it's worth if he wasn't a bit of a TV personality he never would even have gotten the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If you want to know ask it in the Liverpool thread surely? Feels like this thread is made as a bit of a dig rather than out of actual intrigue.

Anyway, no Klopp and Liverpool are not done, it's been 10 appalling weeks for the most part, the season is close to over, there's a bigger than slim chance at top 4 still but it's not looking good with this form.

3 seasons is the standard amount of time given to a manager to show his worth, Klopp deserves at least that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Very original thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Ahhhh Jaysusssssss Chrissst*

*in Jimmy rabitte Snr's voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Try and get one in before the lock but the lack of business done in January when he knew Mane was gone for that month among other things like injuries and burnout constantly effecting his teams in that period was a rather large oversight which has cost Liverpool big.

Was it more board constraints causing this I wonder? Surely he could have bought 1 or 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

The Celtic Manager is doing a fabulous job. Maybe he is worth a punt?

• He's had a considerable amount of time with nothing to show for it so far

Tactically there never seems to be another option bar the pressing game and it's taking its toll on the squad

Just goes to show Rodgers was doing a decent enough job with what he had at his disposal

If they continue on the form they are currently in it could put severe pressure on him

I'd have a guess and say he will be given one more transfer window

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Just goes to show Rodgers was doing a decent enough job with what he had at his disposal

You mean the best striker in the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Klopp and Liverpool are far from done, but it must be said that a lot of the problems Liverpool are having now were predicted by many earlier in the season, it doesn't speak well of the manager when obvious problems actually come to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No lock. Well I am shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My view of Liverpool:
    The squad depth is not of the right quality.
    Need to sign someone who is world class in the summer, as I don't believe the world class talent that is Suarez was replaced to any sort of degree.
    Suarez would put fear in other teams, but I don't think Liverpool have a player that puts fear in other teams. Some good players in the first team but not enough.
    Liverpool really need to sign better players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

How do his stats line up against the previous few managers of LFC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I taught he looked lovely in that Nivea ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lads joking aside I think Liverpool are not far off and with a couple of the right signings are made they can be top four

It's ways too tight between all of the top six right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

You mean the best striker in the world?

Ibrahimovic didn't play for the Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Klopp and Liverpool are far from done, but it must be said that a lot of the problems Liverpool are having now were predicted by many earlier in the season, it doesn't speak well of the manager when obvious problems actually come to pass.

Yup predicted this pressing game and light squad with the lack of a striker and a plan B would come back to haunt pool.

He did fantastically well and positioned the team in a great place and has pretty much thrown it away with his stubbornness and his inability to go buy some players, any players thay would of aided the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

rockal wrote:
    Ibrahimovic didn't play for the Pool.

All world class strikers pick top clubs to play for in their prime.

Yup predicted this pressing game and light squad with the lack of a striker and a plan B would come back to haunt pool.

He did fantastically well and positioned the team in a great place and has pretty much thrown it away with his stubbornness and his inability to go buy some players, any players thay would of aided the team

You keep saying this but give us some names. What players were available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

A Medal of Honour will be awarded to the person who starts the "is Klopp and Liverpool done" thread.

Maybe just too salty
    brinty wrote: »
    Challenge accepted

0/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

This needs to be discussed.

Their run of form has been horrendous. Liverpools objective should always be to win the league. The way things are going, does anybody really believe Klopp can win the league next season? I don't think anybody could put a reasonable argument to suggest it.

2.5-3 years is enough time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Klopp is a good manager.

Around October/November I remember saying in Liverpool thread that they had chance at title and I meant it. They were super in some of the games. Even the Bournemouth game I felt was just a blip, but now I'm thinking maybe teams are seeing through them little too easy.

Klopp has a very important summer ahead. He deserves time, but with European football next season most likely, next season they have to be much much better.

No European football and out of FA Cup no excuses for players not being fresh etc. If they were Europe and in the position they were I be saying he is doing a terrific job, but without it I expected little better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

niallo27 wrote: »

Draxler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Klopp is a bit like Memphis Depay

his career started very promising but in reality he is an average manager now, I said when he signed I could see things ending badly and I still think it will. what kind of job would he get after failing at Liverpool?

I have no idea...is the transfer window normally something that teams put their best players or potential buys in a shopping window
    Stop being Rediculous there are plenty of players that could have been bought if the time and effort was put in.

Last I heard Klopp could attract major talents...

Klopp is a bit like Memphis Depay

his career started very promising but in reality he is an average manager now, I said when he signed I could see things ending badly and I still think it will. what kind of job would he get after failing at Liverpool?

He is in lads we can all go to bed. The king has spoken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Can't see them prying Brendan back.. On a roll in Scotland, would be a foolish move on his part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

No, he'll get at least another season to turn it around. I don't think they'll get anyone of his calibre should they part ways.

I have no idea...is the transfer window normally something that teams put their best players or potential buys in a shopping window
    Stop being Rediculous there are plenty of players that could have been bought if the time and effort was put in.

Last I heard Klopp could attract major talents...

January is a terrible time to buy. Nobody buys in Jan unless you have cash to burn. It's the same every year.

• Advertisement

This needs to be discussed.

Their run of form has been horrendous. Liverpools objective should always be to win the league. The way things are going, does anybody really believe Klopp can win the league next season? I don't think anybody could put a reasonable argument to suggest it.

2.5-3 years is enough time.

It's only been 1.5 years.

Carragher is spot on. His inability to sort the defence and Sakho sitting there is not on.

Carragher - nail on the head. Let them have the ball. SIMPLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Gabbiadini was only signed there in January.

I'm sure there were some actual left backs who could have been bought somewhere in the world, same with at least an above average keeper. Someone pacy to replace/provide competition with Mane. They should have been working on it all December really, it was as obvious as a problem could be imo, even I said it at the time :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The owners have to give him some money to spend this Summer. Real money. Can't really progress on the pitch when you are making a profit in transfers like they have in the two transfer windows since he arrived. I also think Klopp needs to realise he has to spend and can't fix everything wrong in the squad through coaching alone.

But no he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It's only been 1.5 years.

And after next season it will be 2.5. That was my point. 2.5 seasons to win the title and nowhere near it. And they will be stuck in the Europa League next year

January is a terrible time to buy. Nobody buys in Jan unless you have cash to burn. It's the same every year.

Extenuating circumstances.....the chance to win a ****ing legue for the first time in 30 odd years. YOU BUY ANYONE thay doesn't make you go from 2nd to potentially 6th.

His inability to setup differently against teams who want to counter them is moronic

• Advertisement

And after next season it will be 2.5. That was my point. 2.5 seasons to win the title and nowhere near it.

Well that's a really awful way to make decisions, why don't we wait and see first. I'm not saying Liverpool will win the title next year, I doubt they will, but don't form opinions a year in advance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No they are not done. Yes, it's an atrocious run apart from the Spurs game, but he is safe until next season.

The owners have to give him some money to spend this Summer. Real money. Can't really progress on the pitch when you are making a profit in transfers like they have in the two transfer windows since he arrived. I also think Klopp needs to realise he has to spend and can't fix everything wrong in the squad through coaching alone.

But no he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

From reading the superthread there is loads of money but he just wants perfect players for perfect positions

Palace get Shako and ye end up plaing Lucas in a high line defence via vardy the fastest or one of strikers in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

YES

I think the bells are calling for jurgen.

Gerrard maybe? or is that too much too soon?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement