Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with earrings

Options
  • 27-02-2017 11:33pm

I bought an expensive pair of earrings as a gift. After a year of frequent but careful use I was told that the earrings don't close properly anymore. The earring are a circular shape, and there is a hinge in the middle where the earring flex to allow removal of the earring. I brought back the earrings to the store three times. To summarise they told me it was expected wear and tear. Not fixable end of story. I'm surprised, thought earrings should be fit for use. Would I have cause to go to the small claims court? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

A year or two for anything but the cheapest of costume jewelry is very poor indeed. Yes I'd advise using the small claims procedure. The cost is €25 and there are no other costs except in very rare circumstances I doubt any retailers would want to find themselves in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Jewelry can flex and bend a lot, especially if made from a softer gold or if the "wire" was thin and prone to flexing. However, if it was expensive and good quality to start, I'd expect the retailer to do something about it.

Advertisement