Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda project/nixer ??

• 28-02-2017 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey there... I don't have a motorbike but I do have a 50cc 4stroke Honda Zoomer. It's a great little bike. A group of us bought them 8ish years ago for the craic.. anyway I always wanted to swap the engine to something bigger 125cc -200cc as its really slow.(40mph Max) Supposedly it's easily done if you know your way around a bike... it's really popular in the UK Japan and US. Is there anyone out there in the bike trade that can get their hands on the parts or doner bike and might be willing to take this on even as a nixer??? I've dried stored it over the years and bring it out for a spin a few days each summer..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

bren82 wrote: »
    Hey there... I don't have a motorbike but I do have a 50cc 4stroke Honda Zoomer. It's a great little bike. A group of us bought them 8ish years ago for the craic.. anyway I always wanted to swap the engine to something bigger 125cc -200cc as its really slow.(40mph Max) Supposedly it's easily done if you know your way around a bike... it's really popular in the UK Japan and US. Is there anyone out there in the bike trade that can get their hands on the parts or doner bike and might be willing to take this on even as a nixer??? I've dried stored it over the years and bring it out for a spin a few days each summer..

Cool bike.
    Not sure about the engine swap but I'd love to mod one of them.
    Have your friends still got theirs?
    Any for sale,no?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bren82

blade1 wrote: »
    Cool bike.
    Not sure about the engine swap but I'd love to mod one of them.
    Have your friends still got theirs?
    Any for sale,no?

That's my zoomer in the pic... lots of mods just need bigger engine... one of the lads has one forsale but it's a project bike and needs bits... but you would get it cheap...

That's my zoomer in the pic... lots of mods just need bigger engine... one of the lads has one forsale but it's a project bike and needs bits... but you would get it cheap...

Yeah,is sourcing parts a problem?
    Is it running alright?

Where's the pic of your one?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bren82

blade1 wrote: »
    Yeah,is sourcing parts a problem?
    Is it running alright?

Where's the pic of your one?

No it's not running.. all parts can be be got from Honda . I think it needs a fuel pump.

My bike - https://goo.gl/photos/Qo5c8LVDEAVqFD3t6

No it's not running.. all parts can be be got from Honda . I think it needs a fuel pump.

My bike - https://goo.gl/photos/Qo5c8LVDEAVqFD3t6
    That's a nice tidy job you've made of it.
    You don't have any pic of your mates one,I suppose?

• Advertisement
Advertisement