Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window alarm device

Options
  • 28-02-2017 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions as to what type of device would protect these windows best. They are timber frame single pane glass. Would you fit 2 or 3 inertia sensors across the width of the entire window or would an infrared beam and reflector be a better jo at the minute I have a pet friendly PIR looking at the windows but the dogs keep setting it off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The roof is the weak point of entry as it's only corrugated plastic. A duel tec PIR looking across the windows from either end. Also, I'd not treat that as the perimeter so I'd be protecting the inner entry points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Thanks. I have all the inner doors done with inertia and reed switches and there locked when we are not in the house. Whats the difference with a duel tec PIR and a standard one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Thanks. I have all the inner doors done with inertia and reed switches and there locked when we are not in the house. Whats the difference with a duel tec PIR and a standard one.

Duel tec has two different types of technology for detecting movement. Both have to be activated at the same time in order to generate an alarm. Massively reduces false alarms in less than perfect environments.

Advertisement