If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40 - 43 TV Wide Viewing Angle

Options
  • 28-02-2017 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Morning folks,

I'm looking for a new TV with the following requirements if you have any recommendations please?

Unfortunately the layout of the room and the positioning of the chimney breast somewhat limits the size of set...

* 40" - 43"

* A wide viewing angle, or the ability to swivel on its stand

* Ideally a centred stand rather than something with legs. Maybe you have third party VESA mount stands available?

* Built in Saorview capable tuner

* Wireless network capable

* A good smart hub with Netflix

* A high quality picture - are 4K/HDR worth investment at this screen size? Sources will mainly be Humax HD Freesat box and on board Netflix

* Audio Return Channel (ARC) HDMI (assume this is fairly standard these days?)

* Ideally some kind of built in child proof force field!

This is to replace a Samsung UE40H5500 (RIP). I liked the features on this but wasn't mad on the picture.

Many thanks,

Aidan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Morning folks,

I'm looking for a new TV with the following requirements if you have any recommendations please?

Unfortunately the layout of the room and the positioning of the chimney breast somewhat limits the size of set...

* 40" - 43"

* A wide viewing angle, or the ability to swivel on its stand

* Ideally a centred stand rather than something with legs. Maybe you have third party VESA mount stands available?

* Built in Saorview capable tuner

* Wireless network capable

* A good smart hub with Netflix

* A high quality picture - are 4K/HDR worth investment at this screen size? Sources will mainly be Humax HD Freesat box and on board Netflix

* Audio Return Channel (ARC) HDMI (assume this is fairly standard these days?)

* Ideally some kind of built in child proof force field!

This is to replace a Samsung UE40H5500 (RIP). I liked the features on this but wasn't mad on the picture.

Many thanks,

Aidan
    Hi Aidan.

Thanks for the post.

4K/HDR are the screens to go for as they are now around the same price as standard LED's.

Have a look over the following and see if any catch your eye.

First of all stocking with Samsung there is the 40KU6400 priced at £499 with £6.99 shipping
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202131-ue40ku6400.aspx

Panasonic have the 40DX600 priced at £449. with £6.99 shipping - It does have legs but the are pretty much centre and not at the edges.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201943-viera-tx40dx600b.aspx

Sony offer up the 43XD8088 priced at £669 with £6.99 shipping
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202223-bravia-kd43xd8088.aspx

LG offer a few 43" screens but the legs are out the edge of the panel as would not suit your requirements.

Let me know what you think, any questions drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 *FireCracker*

Just as an additional general question - when do you expect to see the new 2017 model TVs from the big 4 brands in store?

Many thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Just as an additional general question - when do you expect to see the new 2017 model TVs from the big 4 brands in store?

Many thanks
    Hey FireCracker.

Some of the NEW Panasonics are already listed on our .co.uk website and due in over the next few weeks.

Other Manufactures will start to bring our theirs over the next month or two.

Once the products hit our stores we usually pop a thread up with the NEW versions listed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.