Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW F10 grill

• 28-02-2017 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of changing the grill on my F10, there's too much chrome so was thinking of spraying the vertical slats black. Anyone done this? Plasti Dip gets mentioned a lot in other forums.

I could go all black like this:
    image.php?u=245919&type=sigpic&dateline=1361989361

or what im thinking leaving a bit of Chrome: Thoughts?
    chrome-front-grill-for-bmw-m5-f10-[2]-813-p.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

2nd option looks far better

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    2nd option looks far better

Agreed,
    its probably the front splitter and lower chrome grill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

I don't like the chrome on the lower grill, think ill leave the chrome on the edge of the kidney grill and blackout the slats. Would plasti dip be any good for this? never used it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I was thinking of doing the same on my F10. But if I did the grill I'd want all the chrome gone :) stumbled at the stupid chrome bits on the door handles.

I was going to just buy a new grill from ebay though rather than plastidip etc as I could always put it back the way it was if I was selling it.

Forgot to attach photo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I changed mine to all gloss black but changed them back to chrome after 2 weeks, IMO you need some chrome to define the front of the bonnet.

unnamed.jpg
    3_FBA0699_8_B1_D_49_CC_8545_C5_C2144_EEEAE.jpg
    where to post images

Also, my wheels, side repeater and roof bars are silver/satin so it looked strange.

If anyone wants a gloss black set, I'll sell them for €50 if you collect in Dublin!

I think the all black looks good but like I said if I was doing it I'd probably want all chrome gone. Kind of like the M5 Nighthawk . Black alloys grill/repeaters etc

If I start spending money on the car with a new baby on the way my wife might actually kill me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You can buy them from main dealers these days, they not that expensive afaik. I know a few lads here in the 330e thread got them.

They only look good combined with certain car colours though imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

I did all black, didn't do good job (didn't dry the surface before spraying) with the PlastiDip and it peeled off from few places. You can go full black and peel it if you don't like it after a while.

2usim2q.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

I changed mine to all gloss black but changed them back to chrome after 2 weeks, IMO you need some chrome to define the front of the bonnet.

3_FBA0699_8_B1_D_49_CC_8545_C5_C2144_EEEAE.jpg

This is what I want to do I think, what did you use to paint the slats? Or are they still chrome on that pic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Still chrome in that picture.

Advertisement