Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom extractor fan + replace ducting

Options
  • 28-02-2017 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi folks - I'm looking to upgrade a bathroom extractor fan which is not pulling steam out fast enough.

I'll take the opportunity to replace the flexi ducting which exhausts the steam out through a roof vent with rigid PVC ducting, as I understand the flexi compromises any fan's efficiency. Also the length of flexi in the attic is too long, so kinks and twists which again will slow down air going through it.

I'm assuming replacing the flexi duct with rigid is a fairly handy DIY job? Any recommendations for a good extractor fan - preferably ceiling mounted 100mm so that I can just do a straight swap with what's there already? The bathroom is 3m x 2m x 2.4m.

If I was to get a pro do replace the ducting and fan, which trade would do it all - plumber? Or would it need to be an electrician? Thanks as always.

Advertisement