Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ltd Company - Should I close it

Options
  • 28-02-2017 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've a couple of things on the go at the moment but one is a limited company that as of this month I won't be trading from anymore.

Obviously I will have to take into account the accounts from the start of the year and finish off the year, but if I was just to leave this company sit dormant afterwards, is there any costs involved? I will need a Ltd company again into the future so it would be handy just to let it sit there until it is needed.

Note: I am also a partner in a sole trader/partnership and a director of another company along with two other people, this was just a side thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Jonny303 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've a couple of things on the go at the moment but one is a limited company that as of this month I won't be trading from anymore.

Obviously I will have to take into account the accounts from the start of the year and finish off the year, but if I was just to leave this company sit dormant afterwards, is there any costs involved? I will need a Ltd company again into the future so it would be handy just to let it sit there until it is needed.

Note: I am also a partner in a sole trader/partnership and a director of another company along with two other people, this was just a side thing.

You need to file an annual return and accounts every year. if the accounts read nil as you are non trading you should be able to do that yourself or pay accountant whatever he charges. the annual return fee is €20 with the cro or you could pay the accountant a few hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Worth doing then for the sake of €20 and have it sitting there ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Phibsboro7

Jonny303 wrote: »
    Worth doing then for the sake of €20 and have it sitting there ready to go

Just don't forget to file before your ARD every year. It's easy with zero accounts but can be VERY expensive if you forget. I have had to get two different people out of that situation over the last couple of years.

Advertisement