Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing

Options
  • 28-02-2017 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi would anyone know of a GOOD piercer who would pierce using my own jewellery?? I am looking to get my ear cartilige pierced using my own sourced jewellery - I only wear gold jewellery & the jewellery I want to use is proper nickel free piercing jewellery (Maria Nash jewellery). TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

you mean maria tash? depends on the studio i guess - if you can verify to them that it's quality jewellery they will probably pierce you with it as long as it's suitable. otherwise just get it pierced and then replace it with your own jewellery once it's healed

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

osaurus wrote: »
    you mean maria tash? depends on the studio i guess - if you can verify to them that it's quality jewellery they will probably pierce you with it as long as it's suitable. otherwise just get it pierced and then replace it with your own jewellery once it's healed

Thanks! Yes typo, I meant Maria Tash. First place I contacted wouldn't entertain the idea at all. Dublin Ink are okay with using my own jewellery thoughAnyone anyone any experiences of Dublin Ink?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Soooky wrote: »
    Thanks! Yes typo, I meant Maria Tash. First place I contacted wouldn't entertain the idea at all. Dublin Ink are okay with using my own jewellery thoughAnyone anyone any experiences of Dublin Ink?

Yeah they're awful. Look dude firstly I can promise you that gold isn't nickel free. The only nickel free metal is titanium. And a studio willing to pierce you with your own stuff is a bad one as well. It won't be sterilised to start with & they can't prove it's good quality. Get it pierced with a silver titanium bar and change it later.

Yeah they're awful. Look dude firstly I can promise you that gold isn't nickel free. The only nickel free metal is titanium. And a studio willing to pierce you with your own stuff is a bad one as well. It won't be sterilised to start with & they can't prove it's good quality. Get it pierced with a silver titanium bar and change it later.

Sorry your experience with them was not good. I actually went ahead and have already got my piercing with them! They wanted info on my jewellery before they would consider using my jewellery...once they got the info showing that it was 14ct Maria Tash jewellery (nickel free) still in packaging they were okay & they also sterilised it for me for a while beforehand. No problems with my piercing, healing nicely : )

14kt gold isn't nickel free. Do you know how gold is made? 14kt gold is mixed with silver and palladium. Only 58% of the overall piece is actual gold. Otherwise it would be too soft. I promise you the only metal 100% nickel free apart from 24kt gold is titanium.

• Advertisement

14kt gold isn't nickel free. Do you know how gold is made? 14kt gold is mixed with silver and palladium. Only 58% of the overall piece is actual gold. Otherwise it would be too soft. I promise you the only metal 100% nickel free apart from 24kt gold is titanium.

Okay I'll have to get onto Maria Tash jewellery as they clearly state that their gold is nickel free! She is a piercer herself and should be already be aware

Okay I'll have to get onto Maria Tash jewellery as they clearly state that their gold is nickel free! She is a piercer herself and should be already be aware

Sorry dude but that's a ridiculous thing to say. I could give you a piece of stainless steel and say it's completely nickel free, it's not, but you're just gonna believe me? Honestly if you don't believe me ask any jewellery shop. Gold contains nickel unless its 100% pure 24kt.

Sorry dude but that's a ridiculous thing to say. I could give you a piece of stainless steel and say it's completely nickel free, it's not, but you're just gonna believe me? Honestly if you don't believe me ask any jewellery shop. Gold contains nickel unless its 100% pure 24kt.

Whats a ridiculous thing to say? And where did I say that I didn't believe you?? I merely stated that I am going to contact the company regarding this as they are advertising it as nickel free

Whats a ridiculous thing to say? And where did I say that I didn't believe you?? I merely stated that I am going to contact the company regarding this as they are advertising it as nickel free

To believe a company because the person is a piercer.

To believe a company because the person is a piercer.

No, I'd just presume they would have to follow certain trading standards when advertising their products

• Advertisement

No, I'd just presume they would have to follow certain trading standards when advertising their products

In Ireland piercing is unregulated. There's EU laws such as not being allowed to pierce with anything but implant grade titanium but no one really follows it. I only know of one shop that does.

Advertisement