Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Online calculator for EV charge times

• 28-02-2017 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭

http://leccy.net/

I tried one or two Leaf combinations. Seems reasonable enough to me as a rough guide.

I think the Ioniq is better than shown since it will charge beyond 50kW but they have it limited to 50kW.

Select "Type G" if you want to see the Granny cable times.

Still a useful tool for newbies to try out and good that you can change the sliders to suit your needs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Why on earth did they limit their calculations to a max of 50kW? :confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The Ioniq numbers are way off, we do 12% to 94% in around 33/34 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Well, its a mystery why the Ioniq charges here beyond 50kW's as well. The chargers here are supposed to be rated at 50kW max so it was a fair assumption to make.

Maybe they should allow you to change that variable too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

My Ioniq Charging experience.
    This is based on my own experience with Irish efacec qc45 (50kW) and the Bjorn video of it charging at a 70kW charger.

Car charges at max rate up to 78%
    Car then curves down to a max of 46kW at 82%.
    Car then charges at a max of 23kW to 93%
    The last 1% is around 15kW.

My normal charge is 12% to 94% (auto cut-off for fast charging) and takes 33/34 mins.
    The qc45 is 93% efficient according to it's spec sheet.
    12% to 82%, 19.6kWh at 46.5kW = 25:15 mins
    82% to 93%, 3kWh at 23kW = 8:00 mins
    93% to 94%, 0.25kWh at 15kW = 1:00 mins
    Total charge is 34 mins

At 70kW, it would charge from 20%-80% in less than 15 minutes :eek:

Even at just 50kW it would take only 20 minutes

I wasn't planning on using public chargers much, but there is one around the corner from me beside my favourite take away and it's rarely taken. I guess there is no reason not to hook up while waiting for the quick chef with the wok and the big flame to prepare my food, subsidised even further by the tax payer :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

unkel wrote: »
    At 70kW, it would charge from 20%-80% in less than 15 minutes :eek:

Even at just 50kW it would take only 20 minutes

I wasn't planning on using public chargers much, but there is one around the corner from me beside my favourite take away and it's rarely taken. I guess there is no reason not to hook up while waiting for the quick chef with the wok and the big flame to prepare my food, subsidised even further by the tax payer :p

Deffo. 15 mins plugged in while waiting for your chipper could be the difference in not needing a charge for the next day.

There's that too. Still not sure what way the home charging will work out for me, but it will not be optimal, with the position of the charger, cabling and multiple cars on the drive. But that's for my other thread I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

A lot of stuff is blocked here in work, but I'm assuming....

You can view the source code of the page.
    Copy it.
    Open a new .txt file.
    Paste into that.
    Search for 50.
    Change the relevant 50 to 200 (or whatever).
    Save the file.
    Rename it to .html
    Open it in your browser.
    Calculations change?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭76544567

I find some of the FCPs are very slow compared to others.
    The one in Ashbourne and the one near Glasnevin cemetery have to be the worst ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

When I test drove the ioniq I got 26kW pumped into the car in 26min at Midaway, Portlaoise. At some stage it was charging at 65kW/h... In 26 min it got more than the entire pack of a 24kW Leaf LOL

• Advertisement
Advertisement