Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Anyone knows if those panels are only for a year or two years

I checked the Candidate Info pack (since Feb 2017, hard to find!) but it says the following so it's typically non-committal TBH

"Panels will be gradually formed for geographic areas based on the prioritised need. Once a panel is formed, it remains in existence for 1 year and may be extended."

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tonzboher

Just started a clerical offer job in the HSE in Cork, it was a long process to get a job in fairness. you definitely wouldn't want to be waiting around for a job with them. Hard dealing with the crowd in Leitrim as there is loads of paperwork to fill out and send them and to do Garda Vetting aswell, took 3 months from being notified that i had got the job i was interested in to actually starting the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

tonzboher wrote: »
    Just started a clerical offer job in the HSE in Cork, it was a long process to get a job in fairness. you definitely wouldn't want to be waiting around for a job with them. Hard dealing with the crowd in Leitrim as there is loads of paperwork to fill out and send them and to do Garda Vetting aswell, took 3 months from being notified that i had got the job i was interested in to actually starting the job.

It's a long process. I got a TCO job with them and have no start date yet. I phoned Leitrim said they tell me they are a week behind. There is a lot of paper work and then if something goes missing it holds everything up.

Ya they are a pain to deal with, too many people involved in the process if you ask me. Where you applied to work should be handling the recruitment. They asked me several times for the same paperwork, can be a frustrating process.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Did anybody have Interview today for North Tipperary?
    Had interview for north tipp last week. I found the chairperson changeling he kept interrupting but other two were fine. How did you find it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Waterford Here - did anyone else get expressions of interest today?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Anyone has any update on Clare panel? It seems like there is no movement whatsoever???

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ThePetals

tonzboher wrote: »
    Could you give me a quick run-through of the paperwork required please.
    Just accepted a specified purpose and want to have it ready to minimize the time if possible.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sportsmedic

Haven’t heard a thing from Clare. Think they fill holiday and term time with temp staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 annieholmc

Hi, anyone hear anything from North Tipp/East Limerick yet? Interviews were 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

annieholmc wrote: »
    Hi, anyone hear anything from North Tipp/East Limerick yet? Interviews were 2 weeks ago.

Results came out in post today

Haven’t heard a thing from Clare. Think they fill holiday and term time with temp staff.

Does anyone know how many offers had been made for Clare

Even after getting through the interview and making it to the panel .... silence .... makes you wonder how may people have actually been placed from this campaign? Never thought that I would say that the PAS system is quicker

busy_mom wrote: »
    Even after getting through the interview and making it to the panel .... silence .... makes you wonder how may people have actually been placed from this campaign? Never thought that I would say that the PAS system is quicker

What area are you in? I’m early one hundreds for Limerick/North Tipp (completely messed up my interview) so I’m not holding out much hope.

What area are you in? I’m early one hundreds for Limerick/North Tipp (completely messed up my interview) so I’m not holding out much hope.

Monaghan - Cavan region. Panel went live August 1st and no expressions of interest sent out yet :(

Monaghan - Cavan region. Panel went live August 1st and no expressions of interest sent out yet :(

Crazy...our panel goes live today but going by other areas there just doesn’t seem to be much movement. Like would they have done all this work if there weren’t a large amount of vacancies to be filled?

Crazy...our panel goes live today but going by other areas there just doesn’t seem to be much movement. Like would they have done all this work if there weren’t a large amount of vacancies to be filled?

At this stage I really don't know. Obviously some areas have more movement than others I get that it's such a long process though

At this stage I really don't know. Obviously some areas have more movement than others I get that it's such a long process though

So long...are you high up on your panel? If you are then you should be fine.

So long...are you high up on your panel? If you are then you should be fine.

Top 20 so fingers crossed

Top 20 so fingers crossed

That’s brilliant...you should def be fine and you’ll never have to do this again!!

• Advertisement

ThePetals wrote: »
    Could you give me a quick run-through of the paperwork required please.
    Just accepted a specified purpose and want to have it ready to minimize the time if possible.
    Thanks in advance

They will send you everything you need to fill out in the post. You will have to fill out forms for references, Garda vetting forms etc. Its all down to them in Leitrim, they wont be rushed iam afraid.

tringle wrote: »

Panel went live mid April. One expression of interest - as far as I know 3positions for Ennis hospital were filled. Since then quiet
    :-)

tringle wrote: »

Panel went live mid April. One expression of interest - as far as I know 3positions for Ennis hospital were filled. Since then quiet
    :-)

... OMG ... :eek: :confused: ... that's a very expensive campaign for maybe 3 jobs in a region

... OMG ... :eek: :confused: ... that's a very expensive campaign for maybe 3 jobs in a region

Oh yeah and very frustrating when you at the top of the panel😔

I agree, I hope the tipp/limerick panel.moves quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jojo18

Hi,
    anyone on the Louth / Meath panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Murph29

Hi,

Anyone picked from the Kerry panel recently? Haven't had an expression of interest text in months....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sc2114

Hi Jojo18
    Im on it and it was to go live 30th August but nothing yet.
    Have you heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

They haven't even interviewed in Wexford for this yet. Very frustrating!

• Advertisement

sc2114 wrote: »
    Hi Jojo18
    Im on it and it was to go live 30th August but nothing yet.
    Have you heard anything?
    Not a thing. Very annoying. I'm in top 20 so hopefully it will be quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 usename18

Jojo18 wrote: »
    Not a thing. Very annoying. I'm in top 20 so hopefully it will be quick.

It's taking ages! Isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Agencies like Tusla and the HSE cost us taxpayers a lot of money. The private sector on the other hand is based on economic reality and contributes to the cost of running the country. Given a choice between contributing or being a dead weight around the necks of my fellow citizens, I think I would prefer to contribute. Does contributing sound appealing to anyone else here?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dd123456

Has anyone heard anything for the Louth/ Meath Panel I'm in the top 70 and originally thought that was great until I read this thread and now I think I will never get a job.  Its a wonder the media hasn't picked up on the money spent on this campaign and no jobs at the end of it.  To spend  weeks interviewing and placing people on a panel with no jobs at the end of it is a waste of tax payers money not to mention how this money could have been spent in our hospitals

HSE is advertising TCO job for UHGalway on their website. I wonder why don't they use panel created by HBS for Galway??? I am afraid there is something fishy going on 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭TheJet

HSE is advertising TCO job for UHGalway on their website. I wonder why don't they use panel created by HBS for Galway??? I am afraid there is something fishy going on 😔

I don’t understand this either. From time to time I’ve seen clerical/admin posts advertised for Mercy Hospital Cork. I can’t figure it out.

• Advertisement

dd123456 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything for the Louth/ Meath Panel I'm in the top 70 and originally thought that was great until I read this thread and now I think I will never get a job.  Its a wonder the media hasn't picked up on the money spent on this campaign and no jobs at the end of it.  To spend  weeks interviewing and placing people on a panel with no jobs at the end of it is a waste of tax payers money not to mention how this money could have been spent in our hospitals
    Haven't heard a thing, I'm in the top 20. No job offers out yet. Very annoying. Panel is live 1 month now.

Haven't heard a thing, I'm in the top 20. No job offers out yet. Very annoying. Panel is live 1 month now.

Get use to this-it's a verrrrry sllllooowww process ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sc2114

Very annoying, esp considering the man overseeing on interview day said they are ready to go on "going live" with lots of jobs! It's disappointing that money has been spent running a recruitment campaign thats now in its 2nd year and not a job out of it, considering the money needed elsewhere within the health system!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

There were expressions of interest out for Louth yesterday.

Very annoying, esp considering the man overseeing on interview day said they are ready to go on "going live" with lots of jobs! It's disappointing that money has been spent running a recruitment campaign thats now in its 2nd year and not a job out of it, considering the money needed elsewhere within the health system!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dd123456

Very annoying, esp considering the man overseeing on interview day said they are ready to go on "going live" with lots of jobs!  It's disappointing that money has been spent running a recruitment campaign thats now in its 2nd year and not a job out of it, considering the money needed elsewhere within the health system!
    Did you get the expression of interest yesterday

• Advertisement

dd123456 wrote: »
    Very annoying, esp considering the man overseeing on interview day said they are ready to go on "going live" with lots of jobs!  It's disappointing that money has been spent running a recruitment campaign thats now in its 2nd year and not a job out of it, considering the money needed elsewhere within the health system!
    Did you get the expression of interest yesterday
    Yes got expression of interest email. Hopefully it will run quickly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrsquigley

Does anyone know how long the pre clearance process takes roughly for Sligo/Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nl2803

Mrsquigley wrote:
    Does anyone know how long the pre clearance process takes roughly for Sligo/Leitrim

I got a job offer and accepted it n July and still going through the Garda vetting stage, said it can anything up to 20 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrsquigley

nl2803 wrote: »
    I got a job offer and accepted it n July and still going through the Garda vetting stage, said it can anything up to 20 weeks

Good to know thanks a mill. Best of luck in your new role

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JanBrady80

Did anyone get expression of interest for South Tipp today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JanBrady80 wrote: »

Yes for 3 posts in Clonmel

To thine own self be true

Have any expressions of interest gone out yet for North Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Henne345

Does everyone get the expression of interest or how does it work?also is it all part time work?is there any full time positions

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Henne345

JanBrady80 wrote: »

Yes....did everyone get one or what way does it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Henne345 wrote: »
    Yes....did everyone get one or what way does it work?

Top 30 afaik

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
Advertisement