Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Looks like it could be the original Life is Strange - the full season is available on Game Pass now.

Great game if you haven't played it yet. Completely thought it wasn't going to be my cup of tea, but got totally hooked - went out and bought Before the Storm instantly after finishing it and will get Life is Strange 2 (when the season is complete - I can't be waiting from episode to episode!)

Grand... Life is Strange 2 (Episode 1) is now in Game Pass, with the rest of the episodes coming soon - they're just not released yet.

Before the Storm is also there, too. (Don't know if the Bonus episode is included, though, as I already owned that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Farming Sim for me... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I finished Mutant: year zero today. A bit sad now, as I really liked it. :( They better hurry up with second one!

Did anyone played below properly? I only gave it a wee go, but it is very confusing. I have no idea what I am doing or where am I going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Did anyone played below properly? I only gave it a wee go, but it is very confusing. I have no idea what I am doing or where am I going.

No, I started it and was enjoying it but it kinda got confusing and it felt like they over complicated some aspects of the game. I haven't gone back to it since. For an Indie game, it is massive aswell.

I finished Mutant: year zero today. A bit sad now, as I really liked it. :( They better hurry up with second one!

How many hours to complete? Its a great game but with so much to play on games pass etc I have to try prioritise games based on length.

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    How many hours to complete? Its a great game but with so much to play on games pass etc I have to try prioritise games based on length.

I dont know to be honest. Its one of those games that does not show you played time in achievement and progress section.
    Thing is, I played it on hard, but no ironman mode. It was not too lengthy game thats for sire as even I was able to finish it. Hard difficulty definitely increased my time. Was worth it though. Normal difficulty would strip a lot of stuff that makes this genre so good.

How Long To Beat states about 13 hours for the main story with 16 hours for main story plus extras. I must finish it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1083142783077036032

Ultimate Marvel V Capcom 3 was just added along with Just Cause 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yokus island express was fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yokus island express was fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Just signed up for the year. €55.28 on CDKeys with their facebook discount.
    https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/12-month-xbox-game-pass-xbox-one-cd-key

What's your favourite game currently available on Game Pass? What should I jump into first?

d31b0y wrote: »

What's your favourite game currently available on Game Pass? What should I jump into first?

Very much depends on what you have and haven't played to date and what games you are in to.

For example, have you played all the Halo and Gears games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

thanks for the heads up... my sub was running out this weekend, just signed up for another year at half price....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

As said, it depends on what you like.

Had a quick look there, and I'd recommend:

Forza Horizon 4
    PUBG
    Ori and the blind forest
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Doom
    Hitman

No particular order there, and they're all different genres as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hitman 2

Hitman 2? Don't think that's available

Hitman 2? Don't think that's available

It's not, sorry, it's just Hitman.

Had been looking at 2 recently, must have had it on the brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's not, sorry, it's just Hitman.

Had been looking at 2 recently, must have had it on the brain.

You should still be able to get the legacy pack and play it in 2 though afaik.

As said, it depends on what you like.

Had a quick look there, and I'd recommend:

Forza Horizon 4
    PUBG
    Ori and the blind forest
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Doom
    Hitman

No particular order there, and they're all different genres as well.

Cheers, FH4 is definitely going on this weekend. Been hearing great things about it.
    Ori and the blind forest is another on my list.
    Haven't played PUBG. I need a keyboard and mouse to be in any way good at 'competitive' fps.

Any good online co-ops?

Any good online co-ops?

Gears of War co-op can be good fun.

Sorry - started listing the co-ops we'd played already. Must have deleted it.
    Gears 4
    Far Cry 5
    Forza
    Fifa

Something a little different might be good.
    Sniper Elite 4 maybe. Shooting testicles is always a bit of craic.
    Haven't played a fighting game in yonks so ultimate MVC is going to get a run out.
    What's Ark: Survival Evolved like these days? Big player base? Is it PvP heavy?

Any chance of A Way Out coming to game pass, do you think?

I'm really looking forward to spintires too, and hellblade! Ahh so many games :pac:
    Any indies that are must plays?

• Advertisement

Sorry - started listing the co-ops we'd played already. Must have deleted it.
    Gears 4
    Far Cry 5
    Forza
    Fifa

Something a little different might be good.
    Sniper Elite 4 maybe. Shooting testicles is always a bit of craic.
    Haven't played a fighting game in yonks so ultimate MVC is going to get a run out.
    What's Ark: Survival Evolved like these days? Big player base? Is it PvP heavy?

Any chance of A Way Out coming to game pass, do you think?

I'm really looking forward to spintires too, and hellblade! Ahh so many games :pac:

A Way Out is more likely to turn up on EA Access.

Not sure if they're "must plays", but I enjoyed these for what they are:

Oxenfree
    The Swapper
    Shadow Complex Remastered
    Spelunky

Other notable games include:

Sunset Overdrive (few years old, but still one of the best exclusives on the Xbox. Make sure to keep playing until you unlock more movement options, Double Jump or Airdash, can't remember. The game really opens up and flows once you get it.)

Rocket League (Incredible multiplayer fun, with an incredible simple premise)

Quantum Break (A mostly unique game that sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Worth playing, in my opinion. Don't try to use cover like you would in other games, you'll die pretty quick, movement is life)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Thomas Was Alone is definitely worth a look - very funny too.

I'm enjoying

FH4
    Ashen
    Mutant Year Zero
    PES19

Playing most of these myself.

Mutant is very good, can be hard in spots. Ashen plays great and I like the kind of cell shading graphics.

And FH4 is just beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Buttros

Coming soon.

We Happy Few(17th)
    The Lego Movie Videogame (17th)
    Shadow of Mordor (24th)
    Saints Row : The Third (24th)

We happy few looks interesting. Has anyone played it? Its a play anywhere title too so can play on my PC :)

I have Shawdow of Mordor, its good craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Buttros wrote: »
    Coming soon.

We Happy Few(17th)
    The Lego Movie Videogame (17th)
    Shadow of Mordor (24th)
    Saints Row : The Third (24th)

We happy few looks interesting. Has anyone played it? Its a play anywhere title too so can play on my PC :)

I have Shawdow of Mordor, its good craic.

I played it when there was a demo of it in the Games Preview section.
    Not that bad, a bit weird, for some reason it reminded me of A Clockwork Orange, happy to see it in Game Pass, will be able to give it another go now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Glad to see We Happy Few there. Been intrigued by it but not to the extent of wanting to buy it.

Shadow of Mordor is great, a lovely sense of progression, at least until you know which powers are the best to take. I played it again recently, and knowing the best ones to take meant I could walk most of it.

Of course, at least until you decide to take on one of the weaker chieftains, and then 3 or 4 rock up at the same time....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

This aspect of Xbox is rock solid. I could have used it when the 360 came out. I've 100 titles which I bought cheap and fooled myself into thinking.I'd get around to playing them.

With games pass I've downloaded a few games which I was interested in and thankfully I didn't waste money 'picking them up cheap'.

There have been games I've bought on sale digitally which have ended up on there which has lead me to just waiting because it looks like every game will either be on gold or here at some stage.

A few exceptions being was access titles and rockstar titles. I don't do CoD.

Overall a great purchase.

erkifino wrote: »
    This aspect of Xbox is rock solid. I could have used it when the 360 came out. I've 100 titles which I bought cheap and fooled myself into thinking.I'd get around to playing them.

With games pass I've downloaded a few games which I was interested in and thankfully I didn't waste money 'picking them up cheap'.

There have been games I've bought on sale digitally which have ended up on there which has lead me to just waiting because it looks like every game will either be on gold or here at some stage.

A few exceptions being was access titles and rockstar titles. I don't do CoD.

Overall a great purchase.

If what, game pass just saves me a ton of money. Few times now I wanted to buy a game, but was waiting for a sale. Then it came out on game pass and it was crap or just not as cool as reviews or videos made it to be.
    My latest example was We happy few. Wanted to get it, because of very cool and interesting universe, but after good few hours I just gave up on it. Again, game pass saved me about 30 quid.

If what, game pass just saves me a ton of money. Few times now I wanted to buy a game, but was waiting for a sale. Then it came out on game pass and it was crap or just not as cool as reviews or videos made it to be.
    My latest example was We happy few. Wanted to get it, because of very cool and interesting universe, but after good few hours I just gave up on it. Again, game pass saved me about 30 quid.

Valid points. To me games pass was worth it for Microsoft AAA games like Gears of War, Forza etc. They are normally 70 euro a piece. I have 2 years of games pass for 70 euro. I am getting my AAA games and countless other very good indie games for the price of what one AAA game would have cost me.

Games pass is a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Don't think it's been mentioned in here but I've just logged onto my Xbox and there's an offer for Game Pass, 3 months at 67%off so basically 3 months for the price of 1 at €9.99 that's a good deal for anyone who hasn't gotten it and are thinking about it

They're teasing more games, including one on the 31st.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1090018953923944448

Anyone like to speculate? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

Very hard to do seeing as it could be an old or a new title I can only think because of crackdown3 being a big title the rest will be past indie games or old games

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

TrueAchievements having a crack at it:

https://www.trueachievements.com/n36182/xbox-game-pass-teases-februarys-titles

Their theories so far:

January 31st
    Thimbleweed Park or Trackmania Turbo

February
    Crackdown 3
    Nidhogg 2
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
    Schrödinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark
    Bendy and the Ink Machine

ZiabR wrote: »
    Valid points. To me games pass was worth it for Microsoft AAA games like Gears of War, Forza etc. They are normally 70 euro a piece. I have 2 years of games pass for 70 euro. I am getting my AAA games and countless other very good indie games for the price of what one AAA game would have cost me.

Games pass is a no brainer.

That's the main point for me. I get Forza games, State of Decoy etc.
    Yeah, sure, not all of the games they add I want or play, but they add stuff I do want. Mutant Year Zero was freaking amazing and I can't wait to see sequal. I would not had bought that and might had never played it, but now, even if sequal is not going to gamepass, I will buy it.

That's the main point for me. I get Forza games, State of Decoy etc.
    Yeah, sure, not all of the games they add I want or play, but they add stuff I do want. Mutant Year Zero was freaking amazing and I can't wait to see sequal. I would not had bought that and might had never played it, but now, even if sequal is not going to gamepass, I will buy it.

This times 10, I swear I loaded it up thinking nothing of it and was hooked was great very simple in the sense of not having 90 weapons and 50 spells to choose from but I feel that actually worked great for it the story line was simplistic and great I really really enjoyed Mutant Year Zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

These are leaving at the end if the month

Dead Rising 3
    Electronic Super Joy
    Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered
    Riptide GP: Renegade
    Roundabout
    Steredenn
    The Escapists: The Walking Dead
    Tom Clancy's The Division

Any of these with playing in the next 2 days?

• Advertisement

erkifino wrote: »
    These are leaving at the end if the month

Dead Rising 3
    Electronic Super Joy
    Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered
    Riptide GP: Renegade
    Roundabout
    Steredenn
    The Escapists: The Walking Dead
    Tom Clancy's The Division

Any of these with playing in the next 2 days?

Tom Clancy's The Division might be nice to see if you like its play style The Division 2 comes out in march and if your pre-order it you will get access to the beta on the 7th Feb - 10th Feb Pre-order wont cost you anything until march anyway so you can cancel it before it. But yeah give it a shot and see then you dont need any pre order messing if you don't like it...

Personally I've 240hours in The Division Loved the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Downloaded the Division at the wkd to play soon so thats disappointing to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭GSRNBP

I gave The Division a shot, seemed very interesting but I just couldn't get used to the mechanics of the game. I think you'll know pretty quickly whether it's for you or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭gmg678

starting playing The Division with a friend. really good game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

gmg678 wrote: »
    starting playing The Division with a friend. really good game!
    Its a really excellent game, IMO the reviews were pretty mixed which I was surprised at.
    You tend to be able to pick it up pretty cheap, outside of gamepass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭gmg678

Yeah I picked it up ages ago on CDkeys for really cheap. Just never got a round to playing it.
    we threw it on last week. From that he bought the game and I bought the season pass as both were on sale last week. Its really enjoyable but are staying out of the Dark Zone till we are higher levels.

They're teasing more games, including one on the 31st.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1090018953923944448

First game on the list is Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

Tomb Raider is a fantastic game. Well worth a play through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have to admit, the gamepass twitter is the one part of Microsoft that does social media well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement