Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nice, Shadow of the Tomb Raider on the 7th

Pumped BMX pro

De Blob

The Walking Dead: Season 1

Some of the Batman games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Very surprised and happy that Shadow of the Tomb Raider is in Games Pass already.

Its the only one I haven't played yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

CatInABox wrote: »
    Nice, Shadow of the Tomb Raider on the 7th

Pumped BMX pro

De Blob

The Walking Dead: Season 1

Some of the Batman games

The batman one is return to arkham...it is terrific IMO.
    I bought it a few months back its basically 2 games (xbox 360 I think remastered etc) bundled in one arkham asylum and arkham city

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

gmisk wrote: »
    The batman one is return to arkham...it is terrific IMO.
    I bought it a few months back its basically 2 games (xbox 360 I think remastered etc) bundled in one arkham asylum and arkham city

Yeah, the Arkham games are great.

Here's the full list for the month.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1092912381154316289

Tomb Raider and De Blob are both out on the 7th.

Started Tomb Raider last night. It looks incredible. Sound is amazing with Atmos aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

did anyone watch insidexbox? did they say that from the app you can download to any xbox in the home not just the home one? cant seem to do it!

gmg678 wrote: »
    did anyone watch insidexbox? did they say that from the app you can download to any xbox in the home not just the home one? cant seem to do it!

It's probably just not out yet, publishing an update to the stores can take longer than expected sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, do you better off starting earlier Tomb Raider games or you can go right to Shadow one? Never played new Games, so don't know if it's worth going from start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lads, do you better off starting earlier Tomb Raider games or you can go right to Shadow one? Never played new Games, so don't know if it's worth going from start.

I'd probably go from the start. All 3 games are in Game Pass too.

I'd probably go from the start. All 3 games are in Game Pass too.

They're all good game too, so it's not like they'll be a chore. I've really enjoyed the first two, looking forward to the third.

Start from the beginning. All amazing games that look and play great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Got three months for a tenner.
    Want to get through Ashen before Crackdown 3 comes out although I hear CD3 is going to be toilet bowl.

Downloaded the metal slug games as well but there doesn't seem to be quick save and there's inexcusable slowdown. No blood either from what I can gather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Will we get CD3 single player with GP? :)
    I have zero interest in online...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Will we get CD3 single player with GP? :)
    I have zero interest in online...

Yes, it is already available for pre load with Game Pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yes, it is already available for pre load with Game Pass.

Thanks, just used the MS store online to send a download request to my xbox. Noticed that I could send that request to my PC too, so it's obviously Play Anywhere :)

The store page said the game size is 201MB. I take it that's just a placeholder?

I have 2 x 14 day game pass trials that I am happy to give away to anyone wanting to try games pass.

First come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

ZiabR wrote: »
    I have 2 x 14 day game pass trials that I am happy to give away to anyone wanting to try games pass.

First come first served.

I'll take one please! Thanks

SuperS54 wrote: »
    I'll take one please! Thanks

No problem. I will take a photo of the codes when I get home and send you one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not sure if this will work or not, but there is 1 month game pass for £2 on microsoft uk site, with the next month added free. for new sign ups.

• Advertisement

First come first served.

These are now gone. They were actually 1 month trials. Enjoy!

I see some more games coming very soon!
    Headlanders (feb 21st)
    Disney epic mickey (2 Feb 21st)
    The walking dead season 2 (Feb 28th)
    Alien Isolation (Feb 28th)

Very nice, Alien Isolation is a must play. Fantastic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Very nice, Alien Isolation is a must play. Fantastic game.

Dammit, must stop buying heavily discounted games while I have a Game Pass sub. Bought it last month and only played a few hours but seems good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

skerry wrote: »
    Dammit, must stop buying heavily discounted games while I have a Game Pass sub. Bought it last month and only played a few hours but seems good so far.

Yep, since GP came along I've second guessed myself before buying a few games recently, even at a good price. SOTTR being one.

It's such a good service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think they should rebrand Game Pass to the infinite pile of shame … I just can't keep up with all the games they keep adding (and episode 2 of Life is Strange 2 should be popping up in the next while too)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I think they should rebrand Game Pass to the infinite pile of shame … I just can't keep up with all the games they keep adding (and episode 2 of Life is Strange 2 should be popping up in the next while too)

Yes, with each game added that I want to play I feel it.

"Jesus, another great game I'll have to play at some stage"

Not enough hours in the day sadly :( My back catalogue is growing by the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Loving crackdown 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Same here. It's simple mindless fun. It feels very unpolished though. Going to give the co-op a run tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I downloaded one of the Hitman games.....I am not sure I really get the appeal, am I missing something?

gmisk wrote: »
    I downloaded one of the Hitman games.....I am not sure I really get the appeal, am I missing something?

You have to be interested in replaying the level to assassinate the targets in different ways. Playing it like a straight shooter will give you a pretty s***ty experience.

Rather than just aiming to kill the target, aim to get the mastery of a level up, and start unlocking all the different weapons, gadgets, and costumes. Complete the challenges in each level, like "silent assassin suit only" and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Started crackdown 3 on friday night, said I'd see for myself what way it had turned out.

After a pretty good cgi intro cutscene, the art style shifts to a moving comic sort of format and you're dumped in the starting area, my initial impressions upon gaining control of my character, was that this was like a late ps2 early xbox 360 game. from the sound of the open world, the random chatter of the pedestrians, the handling of your agent with the lock on targeting system. I was just baffled - it took them 5 years to make this? There's also a really jarring moment where you select your player agent, that is completely at odds with whats presented in the cutscene 40 seconds prior.

nevertheless I soldiered on, if only to see a bit more.

I now find myself about 5 hours in, and I have probably half of the main bosses killed, and a lot of dents put in the next tier of them. There comes a point, surprisingly quickly, where you are suddenly OP. And the game becomes a mess of explosions, dodging, airdashing, and groundpounding, which is relatively satisfying.

I'll definitely see it out to its conclusion, if only because its an incredibly short game for something set in an open world, its not abjectly awful, but I do seriously wonder what they were doing for the last 5 years.

You have to be interested in replaying the level to assassinate the targets in different ways. Playing it like a straight shooter will give you a pretty s***ty experience.

Rather than just aiming to kill the target, aim to get the mastery of a level up, and start unlocking all the different weapons, gadgets, and costumes. Complete the challenges in each level, like "silent assassin suit only" and so on.
    Thanks for that will give it another go, I played for about 30 minutes and I was just a bit bored of it.

Finished crackdown 3 today. Took just over 5 hours from start to finish. It's not awful, but very dated. The combat as you get overpowered reminds me of sunset overdrive, which is a far superior game in every respect. And I think I need to play through it again.....

Finished crackdown 3 today. Took just over 5 hours from start to finish. It's not awful, but very dated. The combat as you get overpowered reminds me of sunset overdrive, which is a far superior game in every respect. And I think I need to play through it again.....

How many years was Crackdown in development? For a 5 hour campaign?

The mind boggles.

I played about an hour of Crackdown campaign on Gamepass. It's grand, nice HDR, but dated as hell!

I had fully intended on going back to it but there's just so many better games in my backlog and on my regular playlist, I'm not sure I will.

How many years was Crackdown in development? For a 5 hour campaign?

The mind boggles.
    yeah, its incredible, and being fair, theres nothing going on in the game that couldnt have been done on the xbox 360
    WarpAsylum wrote: »
    I played about an hour of Crackdown campaign on Gamepass. It's grand, nice HDR, but dated as hell!

I had fully intended on going back to it but there's just so many better games in my backlog and on my regular playlist, I'm not sure I will.
    I had initially intended on just having a quick look, but I heard it mentioned on a podcast that it was only 6 hours long so said I'd see it through.

Alien Isolation is not available to download. Lads, go and get it. Give it a try. Its proper good and a proper horror.

You feel helpless through 85% of the game. Its fantastic and atmospheric.

• Advertisement

• ZiabR wrote: »
    Alien Isolation is not available to download. Lads, go and get it. Give it a try. Its proper good and a proper horror.

You feel helpless through 85% of the game. Its fantastic and atmospheric.

No can do. Mr. X was enough for me this year :pac:

No can do. Mr. X was enough for me this year :pac:

Ah go on! I will admit I had to pause certain parts of the game while I built up the courage to try and escape from you know what...

Anyone that is a fan of the Alien flims/lore has to play this game.

Ah go on! I will admit I had to pause certain parts of the game while I built up the courage to try and escape from you know what...

Anyone that is a fan of the Alien flims/lore has to play this game.
    Yep, it's a must for any Alien fan. It's the game that has done the universe the most justice.
    Atmosphere out the wazoo!

Hadn't been as nervous since my first playthrough of Dead Space.

I went back to this in the last fortnight after getting frustrated with being stuck in an area that's a semi-circular med bay.
    Still stuck. :rolleyes:

Yep, it's a must for any Alien fan. It's the game that has done the universe the most justice.
    Atmosphere out the wazoo!

Hadn't been as nervous since my first playthrough of Dead Space.

I went back to this in the last fortnight after getting frustrated with being stuck in an area that's a semi-circular med bay.
    Still stuck. :rolleyes:

What has you stuck? Lost or that the specimen is hunting you relentlessly?

What has you stuck? Lost or that the specimen is hunting you relentlessly?
    The specimen. I'm locked in a area that I'm sure I have to find a way out of because the Alien is not going away.

The specimen. I'm locked in a area that I'm sure I have to find a way out of because the Alien is not going away.

I know exactly where you are and I think I remember what you are likely missing. This is the area where there are a few med bays that you can enter into yeah?

• Advertisement

I know exactly where you are and I think I remember what you are likely missing. This is the area where there are a few med bays that you can enter into yeah?
    Yes!

I'm out in a semi-circular corridor and there's a few med bays I can go in and out of.

I can't move more that 10 metres without himself breathing down my neck.

Yes!

I'm out in a semi-circular corridor and there's a few med bays I can go in and out of.

I can't move more that 10 metres without himself breathing down my neck.

I would make a noise and then hide under a bed/desk or hide in a locker and just wait at least 10 mins. Just go make a cup of tea. It will eventually head up into the vents allowing you to crawl around. You should be able to get what you need and get out of there.

I would make a noise and then hide under a bed/desk or hide in a locker and just wait at least 10 mins. Just go make a cup of tea. It will eventually head up into the vents allowing you to crawl around. You should be able to get what you need and get out of there.
    I do like tea...

Ok cool man, cheers. I'll give it a go over the weekend.

I fired up Ori last night. I was absolutely positive I'd played it before but the absence of a save file says otherwise. Absolutely LOVE it! So that's what I want to get stuck into tonight. Dying to get home...

Started playing Mutant Year Zero there recently, it's really scratching my XCOM itch. Love that they refer to the "Brexit Isles" as well, reflecting the reality of Brexit stretching on for centuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Started playing Mutant Year Zero there recently, it's really scratching my XCOM itch. Love that they refer to the "Brexit Isles" as well, reflecting the reality of Brexit stretching on for centuries.

Oh God, that game is fantastic. I loved it to bits. Best part when they find current age items and give them their own explanation. Boom box was the best. :D
    After such disappointing x com 2, it was so satisfying to play this great little gem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement