Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

ZiabR wrote: »
    No can do. Mr. X was enough for me this year :pac:

Ah go on! I will admit I had to pause certain parts of the game while I built up the courage to try and escape from you know what...

Anyone that is a fan of the Alien flims/lore has to play this game.

One of the best implementations of the Kinect back in the day. Not the head tilt to peek out from behind cover, but the microphone listening and the Alien being attracted to noise in your room... I remember being in one particularly difficult bit, being sneaky as not to be detected and my phone rang.

Bloody Xenomorph found me straight away and had a nice snack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

CatInABox wrote: »
    Started playing Mutant Year Zero there recently, it's really scratching my XCOM itch. Love that they refer to the "Brexit Isles" as well, reflecting the reality of Brexit stretching on for centuries.

Mutant Year Zero is amazing. In some ways its better than XCOM. I think the characters in Mutant are great.

If you are into these kind of games you need to check out Phoenix Point. New game coming out developed by Snapshot Games (the developers of XCOM). Its very very like XCOM but looks great. I have been tracking it for awhile now and I am looking forward to it.

GAMEPLAY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

5 hours for crackdown?

Do you even orb dude?

I'm taking it nice and slow, exploring the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Asus X540L wrote: »
    5 hours for crackdown?

Do you even orb dude?

I'm taking it nice and slow, exploring the city.

Think I hit agility level 4 by the time I was finished. Driving was lagging behind though. Explore away, there's not a lot to see though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ablelocks wrote: »
    not sure if this will work or not, but there is 1 month game pass for £2 on microsoft uk site, with the next month added free. for new sign ups.

just to confirm that signing up to game pass on the microsoft.uk site worked on console without having to change regions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Apparently Just Cause 4 has been added to Game Pass today. Didn't hear much about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

skerry wrote: »
    Apparently Just Cause 4 has been added to Game Pass today. Didn't hear much about it.

Not on my app, but downloaded via browser no issues.
    I actually really enjoyed just cause 3, it's a bit repetitive, but one of the few Xbox games I finished.

Apparently another big game added to game pass tomorrow.

gmisk wrote: »
    Not on my app, but downloaded via browser no issues.
    I actually really enjoyed just cause 3, it's a bit repetitive, but one of the few Xbox games I finished.

Apparently another big game added to game pass tomorrow.

Yeah shows up on browser as part of Game Pass. Not the type of game I'd rush out to buy but will give it a lash if its on Game Pass. Only released early December

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just Cause 4 - March 6
    LEGO Batman 2 - March 6
    F1 2018 - March 14
    Fallout 4 - March 14

Bethesda must be desperate for cash after Fallout 76 to bring Fallout 4 back to Game Pass so soon.

Nice, will give F1 2018 a go for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Minecraft is coming to Gamepass

Minecraft is coming to Gamepass

This announced last night along with Halo MCC coming to PC?

ZiabR wrote: »
    This announced last night along with Halo MCC coming to PC?

Yeah, I think Minecraft is coming in April. Reach is being added to Halo, free for Game Pass.

• CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Minecraft is coming in April. Reach is being added to Halo, free for Game Pass.

Have Microsoft given a date for this?

Have Microsoft given a date for this?

No, not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Quick question about game pass for you guys.
    I got rid of my xbox awhile ago because I just wasn't using it since I bought the Switch. But there are a few games on the Game Pass service that I would like to play. Can they be played through my laptop if I sign up for the service? And has anyone any good recommendations for streaming from laptop to TV if I wanted to go down that route?

Cheers in advance.

I thought Just Cause 3 was a lot of fun.....its bizarre I think Just Cause 4 is a worse game, bar the graphics etc, the tasks are even more repetitive than the last one, plus you cant just invade a place at random you have to build up these weird credit things and it has to be on the "frontline" of a place you already control.

Quick question about game pass for you guys.
    I got rid of my xbox awhile ago because I just wasn't using it since I bought the Switch. But there are a few games on the Game Pass service that I would like to play. Can they be played through my laptop if I sign up for the service? And has anyone any good recommendations for streaming from laptop to TV if I wanted to go down that route?

Cheers in advance.

There's a few games on Game Pass that you can play on PC, but to get the most out of it, you really need an Xbox to play the vast majority of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Downloaded Just Cause 4. I never really played the previous versions all the way through, but they are great for just a casual mess about.

I've never played Minecraft, ok as a single player game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Couple of games in there I had considered purchasing at one stage or another. Bought Vampyr for a tenner and its still in the wrapper but not gonna cry over a tenner. Need to stop buying discount game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Couple of games in there I had considered purchasing at one stage or another. Bought Vampyr for a tenner and its still in the wrapper but not gonna cry over a tenner. Need to stop buying discount game though.

CEX will give you €7 cash and €9 voucher for it :)

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=3512899118706&categoryName=xbox-one-software&superCatName=gaming&title=vampyr-%28no-dlc%29

marcbrophy wrote: »

Cheers, might fling it into them if I'm passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

My gamepass trial was up over the weekend and had forgetten to disable autorenew so got on to help and they refunded me no qualms. Happened to check the sub after and it seems they gave me a free week, anyone experience that before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Deus Ex is a great game, completed it on the hardest difficulty and with no kills, made for a great challenge. Would defo recommend downloading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (March 21)
    What Remains of Edith Finch (March 21)
    The Walking Dead: Michonne (March 28)
    Vampyr (March 28)
    Operencia: The Stolen Sun (March 29)
    Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (April 1)

I'd definitely play at least 4 out of 6 of those titles. By far, the best 60 quid I've spent this year, especially when you consider the home Xbox game sharing works with it.
    There isn't enough hours in the day.

Mankind Divided is great, I'd recommend it to anyone, had a blast playing it.

One of the hilarious things about it is the microtransactions that were so obviously shoehorned in. I played through the entire game, was ridiculously OP by the time I got to the end, and then accidentally ended up on the "Buy Now" screen. I'd totally forgotten that there was even a little bit of controversy surrounding it.

It's clearly been designed and balanced without any microtransaction, so you'd only ruin the game for yourself if you bought any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

So... ID@Gamepass then!
    Quite a lot of arcade titles launching directly into gamepass.
    Can only be a good thing really :)

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/03/26/id-xbox-game-pass-news/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Prey is great. Bought Monster Hunter World a while ago, couldn't get into it at all.

• Advertisement

3 months for €1 at the minute on Xbox, works even if you subbed in the past.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0K6L8/0005?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

3 months for €1 at the minute on Xbox, works even if you subbed in the past.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0K6L8/0005?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
    Does that work if you have an active subscription?

gmisk wrote: »
    Does that work if you have an active subscription?

No but it's 50% off if you want which is still a great price.
    cWnptAq.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Can you get both? ie 3 months for 1€ and top it up with 3 months for €14.99? 6 months for 16 ain't too shabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I sow it last night after work. 3 months for 15 quid? Feck it, I'll add it up. Renewal now in 2020.01.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

That's brilliant news. I've not been playing mine in recent times and the year pass for live is gonna be a bit of a waste. This would be a great option

GBX wrote: »
    That's brilliant news. I've not been playing mine in recent times and the year pass for live is gonna be a bit of a waste. This would be a great option

Inside Xbox is back on Tuesday, should both be announced then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Good idea, but how many of us just buy our Xbox live on cdkeys for 40e and then just wait for extension for game pass like now?

12*15e is 180e
    40eu+(5e*12) is 100e

Good idea, but how many of us just buy our Xbox live on cdkeys for 40e and then just wait for extension for game pass like now?

12*15e is 180e
    40eu+(5e*12) is 100e

I'm sure cd keys etc will be selling the new subs

• Advertisement

Some great games being added in May

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1123215938692583424

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (May 2)
    Wargroove (May 2)
    Surviving Mars (May 9)
    Tacoma (May 9)
    Black Desert (May 9)
    For the King (May 10)
    The Surge (May 16)
    LEGO Batman 3 (May 16)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Some great games being added in May

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1123215938692583424

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (May 2)
    Wargroove (May 2)
    Surviving Mars (May 9)
    Tacoma (May 9)
    Black Desert (May 9)
    For the King (May 10)
    The Surge (May 16)
    LEGO Batman 3 (May 16)

Nice,
    heard tacoma is worth a look, What remains of edith finch is also on my list to check out.

Really looking forward to this bunch of games. Surviving Mars and Tacoma look very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

I have gamepass just set up to pay from my paypal. Want to cancel and use the free month I got with X upgrade, but don't see how. The sub page just offers me other payment methods, but no code or cancel options. What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

the corpo wrote: »
    I have gamepass just set up to pay from my paypal. Want to cancel and use the free month I got with X upgrade, but don't see how. The sub page just offers me other payment methods, but no code or cancel options. What am I missing?

You cant use the free 1 month trial because you already joined. Its for people who haven't subscribed to Game Pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

You cant use the free 1 month trial because you already joined. Its for people who haven't subscribed to Game Pass.

Grand, but how do I cancel anyway, so I can use codes from CDKeys etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

the corpo wrote: »
    Grand, but how do I cancel anyway, so I can use codes from CDKeys etc?

Just go to the redeem code page on the store, no need to go to the Game Pass page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

new games coming soon-

Metal Gear Survive
    The banner Saga 1 and 2
    Void Bastards
    Dead by Daylight
    Outer Wilds
    Superhot
    Full Metal Furies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This is up now, enjoyable enough, just gave it half an hour last night.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2019/may/29/void-bastards-review

• Advertisement

Void Bastards and Outer Wilds look like two really great games. Can't wait to sink a few hours into both of them.

Played Metal Gear Survive during the week with my brother. Muck.

Advertisement