Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

Birneybau wrote: »
    This is up now, enjoyable enough, just gave it half an hour last night.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2019/may/29/void-bastards-review
    Yes this will scratch my itch...

d31b0y wrote: »
    Void Bastards and Outer Wilds look like two really great games. Can't wait to sink a few hours into both of them.

Played Metal Gear Survive during the week with my brother. Muck.

Void bastards is pretty good. Outer wilds I really want to like but...don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I actually got really hooked up on Black desert online. 50h+ and really loving it. Finally an MMORPG that I can play solo and it's sandbox type too. Even spent 18eu on it already. Works very well on console with controller too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just an FYI for everyone, Microsoft announced a PC version of Gamepass, and the rumour is that it'll be included in Gamepass Ultimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

Enjoying Monster Hunter World a lot more than I thought I would. Even picked up MH Generations Ultimate on the Switch for some handheld Monster Slaying.

Between that, dabbling in a bit of Forza Horizon 4 and finishing Hellblade last week I'm getting great use out of Game Pass at the moment :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

skerry wrote: »
    Enjoying Monster Hunter World a lot more than I thought I would. Even picked up MH Generations Ultimate on the Switch for some handheld Monster Slaying.

Between that, dabbling in a bit of Forza Horizon 4 and finishing Hellblade last week I'm getting great use out of Game Pass at the moment :)

I actually don't even check weekly sales anymore. Just keeping an eye if any promotion to extend game pass.
    Game pass will be the reason why I might stick to Xbox next generation completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I actually don't even check weekly sales anymore. Just keeping an eye if any promotion to extend game pass.
    Game pass will be the reason why I might stick to Xbox next generation completely.

Especially if GPU includes Win 10.
    Free games on Xbox and PC until nearly 2022 for me! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Cotts72

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Especially if GPU includes Win 10.
    Free games on Xbox and PC until nearly 2022 for me! :eek:

Only signed up to gamepass last week, im still in shock at the quality available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Only signed up to gamepass last week, im still in shock at the quality available

Without a doubt the best value for money at the moment.

And it gets better lads, 20 new titles added and more to come apparently.
    Taken from HDUK post, some cracking Indie titles in there. Have nearly bought at least 4 of these in last few months :)

The Games are...

Astroneer
    Battle Chasers
    Bridge Constructor Portal
    Everspace
    Guacamelee 2
    Hollow Knight: Voidheart
    Lichtspeer
    Metal Slug X
    Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
    Moonlighter
    Neon Chrome
    Old Man's Journey (not showing currently)
    Riverbond
    Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
    Shenmue I & II
    Silence - The Whispered World 2
    Smoke and Sacrifice
    Steamworld Dig 2
    Supermarket shriek
    Wizard of Legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Cotts72

skerry wrote: »
    And it gets better lads, 20 new titles added and more to come apparently.
    Taken from HDUK post, some cracking Indie titles in there. Have nearly bought at least 4 of these in last few months :)

The Games are...

Astroneer
    Battle Chasers
    Bridge Constructor Portal
    Everspace
    Guacamelee 2
    Hollow Knight: Voidheart
    Lichtspeer
    Metal Slug X
    Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
    Moonlighter
    Neon Chrome
    Old Man's Journey (not showing currently)
    Riverbond
    Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
    Shenmue I & II
    Silence - The Whispered World 2
    Smoke and Sacrifice
    Steamworld Dig 2
    Supermarket shriek
    Wizard of Legend

Ah jaysus, i only just started monster hunter last night! Patiently hoping they add a plague tale soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I nearly bought shenmue from argos so I'm happy with that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A couple of those are play anywhere titles. Ramping up for the pc launch I'd say.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A couple of those are play anywhere titles. Ramping up for the pc launch I'd say.

This seems to be the PC list but not clear how many of these will be coming to Xbox GP. The 20 titles mentioned above are on it. Talks of Metro Exodus on the PC version too.

https://gg.deals/blog/full-list-of-xbox-game-pass-for-pc/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The Guacamelee 2 page even states it is included in Xbox Game Pass for PC.

Posted elsewhere pricing announced for PC gamepass https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/9/18658522/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-pc-pricing-e3-2019

€1 at the moment for the first month.

Seen that on a couple of the games announced but downloaded them on Xbox no issues

Not sure I'm reading this correctly but word is you can convert the existing time left on your gold sub to an ultimate (game pass and gold combined) one for €1 as part of a new offer :confused:

Guess we'll see later.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0/0007?rtc=1&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not sure I'm reading this correctly but word is you can convert the existing time left on your gold sub to an ultimate (game pass and gold combined) one for €1 as part of a new offer :confused:

Guess we'll see later.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0/0007?rtc=1&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Yup that's exactly how it works. Paid up for 2 years now.

It will stack your subs together too, so if you have 6 months gold left and 6 months game pass that equates to one year of ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Guess we'll see later.

Its saying I can upgrade but it says its €1 for the first month and then €13 every month thereafter.

Edit: I see it wont take the next payment until my combined subs is due to expire. Very good. A few free years of Game Pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Its saying I can upgrade but it says its €1 for the first month and then €13 every month thereafter.

After your ultimate expires, ie. Your live months and pass months are added plus a free month to get your ultimate expiration. Then you are subbed monthly at 13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

My Live runs out next month, what do I do to avail of this offer? Renew Live, then visit above link and buy a month's Ultimate?

Liamalone wrote: »
    My Live runs out next month, what do I do to avail of this offer? Renew Live, then visit above link and buy a month's Ultimate?

Yes exactly. Check the extend live option on your console before you go hunting on cdkeys or anywhere first though, some people have supposedly had the option to renew for a year for 25 euro.

Can't install any of the games, get a blocker cursor on the install button. I'm guessing this is intended and it will come active when it is officially announced on E3?

Age of Empires and Gears Tactics coming soon to PC btw :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Can't install any of the games, get a blocker cursor on the install button. I'm guessing this is intended and it will come active when it is officially announced on E3?

Age of Empires and Gears Tactics coming soon to PC btw :-)

It's already live and working for me. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-beta/9mv0b5hzvk9z?SilentAuth=1&activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

The new app is infinitely better than the old windows store too.

It's already live and working for me. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-beta/9mv0b5hzvk9z?SilentAuth=1&activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

The new app is infinitely better than the old windows store too.
    On PC?

On PC?

Yep. I just installed Ori and the Blind Forest and Void Bastards from that app in the link above.

Yep. I just installed Ori and the Blind Forest and Void Bastards from that app in the link above.

Cool I'll check it out. I was trying through the Microsoft store on windows....should have known better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Looks to be live anyway :D

482366.png

• Advertisement

Ah I see what's going on, I already own it on the Xbox so I have to click the elipses and install on my devices. But even doing that my PC ain't showing up...

Same thing with the Xbox Beta app. Feck it, what's going on here?!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Looks to be live anyway :D

OK thanks, Hellblade works but seems not all games listed are ready yet. Or maybe the lists are wrong. Was specifically trying Mutant Year Zero and Surviving Mars. Neither can be installed on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Ok so I just got the Ultimate Game Pass for €1 deal which has extended it and Xbox Gold to January 2022.
    I just used a code I had for 3 Months of Xbox Live, it was from that deal on Amazon a while back where you got 2 3-Month codes and Apex Legends Money code, the Ultimate Game Pass was also extended by 3 months

OK thanks, Hellblade works but seems not all games listed are ready yet. Or maybe the lists are wrong. Was specifically trying Mutant Year Zero and Surviving Mars. Neither can be installed on PC.

Both of those installed for me no problem They also require Windows Update 1903 I think. Also, does your Xbox app look like this?

xbox-app.jpg?itok=qyiCSObN

Both of those installed for me no problem They also require Windows Update 1903 I think. Also, does your Xbox app look like this?

xbox-app.jpg?itok=qyiCSObN
    Thanks, updating to 1903 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Ah I see what's going on, I already own it on the Xbox so I have to click the elipses and install on my devices. But even doing that my PC ain't showing up...

Same thing with the Xbox Beta app. Feck it, what's going on here?!

I have the same problem, I am on Windows 10 Enterprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Just wondering if there is a cross save feature for games on gamepass between pc and xbox.

Play forza on pc then go on xbox and continue the same progress and earn progress towards achievements and vice versa.

Would be a nice feature.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Just wondering if there is a cross save feature for games on gamepass between pc and xbox.

Play forza on pc then go on xbox and continue the same progress and earn progress towards achievements and vice versa.

Would be a nice feature.

If it's a "Play Anywhere" game like Forza or Gears of War 4 for example I'm pretty sure your progress will carry over.

If it's a "Play Anywhere" game like Forza or Gears of War 4 for example I'm pretty sure your progress will carry over.

Yes it does, I regularly switch between console and PC on Forza. Progress is seamless.

Good question though regarding non play anywhere titles...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yup that's exactly how it works. Paid up for 2 years now.

It will stack your subs together too, so if you have 6 months gold left and 6 months game pass that equates to one year of ultimate.

So basically you go out and buy a few years of Live and add it to your account. What then? Sorry, I’m dense today.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    So basically you go out and buy a few years of Live and add it to your account. What then? Sorry, I’m dense today.

Then pay the euro to upgrade it to Ultimate. It should work to a max of 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Sorry lads, I'm a bit confused myself.

I have a month left of my current gamespass, I have a 3 month code I haven't added yet. If I add the additional 3 month code, pay for a year for Xbox Live and then use the €1 Ultimate thingy, what do I end up with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Either 12 or 15 months of Game Pass Ultimate, not entirely sure! :pac:

I upgraded to Ultimate yesterday, but now the Game Pass android app isn't recognising my game pass sub

Hurrache wrote: »

I have a month left of my current gamespass, I have a 3 month code I haven't added yet. If I add the additional 3 month code, pay for a year for Xbox Live and then use the €1 Ultimate thingy, what do I end up with?

I would think 16 months based on what I got.

I had 6 months gold left and an unused code for 6 months game pass. I got a year of Gold off cdkeys and redeemed the 6 month code for game pass.

So I had 18 months gold and 6 months game pass active at this point, when I did the upgrade that turned into 2 years Ultimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hurrache wrote: »

About 17 months of GPU. 1 month Gold + 3 months Gold + 12 months Gold + 1 month GPU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just both 2 years of gold on cdkey for €89 and €1 for ultimate and now have the ultimate pass until June 10th 2022 :-) , Thanks to the boardsie that first posted about this :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cool, that's a feature I'll definitely be trying out.

• Just both 2 years of gold on cdkey for €89 and €1 for ultimate and now have the ultimate pass until June 10th 2022 :-) , Thanks to the boardsie that first posted about this :-)

Is it not 1 euro for one month only? What about next month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you have Live (or GamePass) now that expires on the 31/12/2021 for example and you avail of the €1 GamePass Ultimate offer your current subscriptions will convert to Ultimate and add an extra month.

You'll now have Ultimate that expires 31/01/2022 that gives you access to Live, GamePass on Xbox and GamePass on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

When purchasing it did say 1 month and then £10.99 would kick in on next month but my subscription status now says next payment to be in 01/04/2020 so looks good to me!

• TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you have Live (or GamePass) now that expires on the 31/12/2021 for example and you avail of the €1 GamePass Ultimate offer your current subscriptions will convert to Ultimate and add an extra month.

You'll now have Ultimate that expires 31/01/2022 that gives you access to Live, GamePass on Xbox and GamePass on PC.

So best off extending Gold again prior to expiring and then picking up the 1 offer right now?

No reoccurring charges by the sounds of it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement