Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

So best off extending Gold again prior to expiring and then picking up the 1 offer right now?

No reoccurring charges by the sounds of it!

Yup. I would have extended Gold prior to jumping on this had I been conscious of how little I had left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So best off extending Gold again prior to expiring and then picking up the 1 offer right now?

No reoccurring charges by the sounds of it!

Yup you can extend up to 3 years. Make sure you turn off auto renew or you'll have the €15 taken whenever your current subscription expires.

• TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yup you can extend up to 3 years. Make sure you turn off auto renew or you'll have the €15 taken whenever your current subscription expires.

Best site for cd key?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Best site for cd key?

Hmmm, CDKEYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Hmmm, CDKEYS

Looks like there's a bit of delay with processing. I image they've just gone through a fair amount of keys over the last 18 hours. My order is waiting for restock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Try Press Start too. €42.50 for a 12 month sub atm.

https://www.press-start.com/en/1-buy-xbox-live-gold-12-month-membership/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

OK, my Live Gold subscription was until the end of this month so I thought I could pig out with a 3 year hack....didn't quite work out!

Went onto Press-Start as recommended above, bought 12 months of World Wide, code was instant, redeemed it with no problem along with keeping the auto renew option on for the extra free month, turned it off once redeemed.

Ordered a second and third 12 month code from Press-Start but both were stuck on the payment verification, got an email asking to upload photo ID with their logo. Did that and then both my 12 months codes appeared, happy days!

Put code 2 into XBOX with the 1 month extra for auto renew, turned off auto renew once processed. Put in code 3, get an error message. My 2 free auto renew months are pushing me over the 3 year stacking limit :< !

Was considering buying a 6 month subscription and trying that but I've already been too greedy...Bought the Game Pass Ultimate for 1 euro and now have Game Pass Ultimate until 10/30/2021 ! Can't complain too much!

Have contacted Press-Start to see if I can get a refund on the unused 12 month code, don't expect they will but can't hurt to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Great deal. I now have Games Pass Ultimate until 22nd Jan 2022. I just turned off the AUTO renew subscription once I upgraded. What a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

SuperS54 wrote: »
    OK, my Live Gold subscription was until the end of this month so I thought I could pig out with a 3 year hack....didn't quite work out!

Went onto Press-Start as recommended above, bought 12 months of World Wide, code was instant, redeemed it with no problem along with keeping the auto renew option on for the extra free month, turned it off once redeemed.

Ordered a second and third 12 month code from Press-Start but both were stuck on the payment verification, got an email asking to upload photo ID with their logo. Did that and then both my 12 months codes appeared, happy days!

Put code 2 into XBOX with the 1 month extra for auto renew, turned off auto renew once processed. Put in code 3, get an error message. My 2 free auto renew months are pushing me over the 3 year stacking limit :< !

Was considering buying a 6 month subscription and trying that but I've already been too greedy...Bought the Game Pass Ultimate for 1 euro and now have Game Pass Ultimate until 10/30/2021 ! Can't complain too much!

Have contacted Press-Start to see if I can get a refund on the unused 12 month code, don't expect they will but can't hurt to try.

Just sell the code to one of the lads here. DON'T put the advert on boards obviously. Stick it up on adverts etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

theteal wrote:
    Yup. I would have extended Gold prior to jumping on this had I been conscious of how little I had left.

I read on HDUK that someone did same as you and when they then added Xbox live code it counted towards ultimate.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Just sell the code to one of the lads here. DON'T put the advert on boards obviously. Stick it up on adverts etc.

Unfortunately I'm not in Ireland so not so easy. Have requested a refund, will see what happens.

Tried the code again just now in order to screen shot the error message, new message is;

"Converting your code
    Redeeming your Prepaid Xbox Live Gold 12-Month code will automatically convert to 4 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and will be added to your current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate account. By redeeming this code, you agree to this conversion. All conversions are final; ratio subject to change. See xbox.com/gamepass If you choose not to redeem at this time, you can keep your code and redeem it prior to its expiration date, if any." !

Make sure you max your Live Sub before conversion!

Follow up ~ Just got a message from Press-Start saying the refund process had started. Excellent and very prompt service, definitely recommend them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think my live sub is up next month, so if I buy 3 years, I’ll be a month over the limit and that third year won’t get converted, correct?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think my live sub is up next month, so if I buy 3 years, I’ll be a month over the limit and that third year won’t get converted, correct?

Yeah. Buy 2 years and 2 3 month subs, then switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Bought 12 months of game pass off CD keys that I can't use as it would push me beyond three years stacked. Anyone wanna do a guy a solid and buy it off me rather than cd keys veggie upgrading? PM if interested

I feel like a total fraud doing this. I'm currently on the 3 months of gamepass for €1 offer and I just stacked 2 years gold and have Ultimate for the next few years :pac:

EDIT: You can immediately cancel so you don't forget in 2 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ablelocks

in the past month, I got an xbox one x in currys for €279. Then I got a second xbox one x in the gamestop trade-in offer (which cost me €50 in actual money). And now i have 33 months of ultimate.

i think i got a good deal...

ablelocks wrote: »
    in the past month, I got an xbox one x in currys for €279. Then I got a second xbox one x in the gamestop trade-in offer (which cost me €50 in actual money). And now i have 33 months of ultimate.

i think i got a good deal...
    Post 666... maybe you just jinxed it :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

What have I missed?

What's this about €1 offer?

Personally I think people are piling on the 36 month deal without thinking about it. You've just committed to xbox for the next 3 years, are you sure about that? I mean if you have a PC you're going to get all the exclusives through game pass for PC. You can also dip in and out of an xcloud sub if you need to.

It also looks like MS are going for quantity rather than quality with an exclusive every 3 months. I know they are working on a so called AAAA game, so it appears they are adopting the Netflix model of largely mediocre content with the odd blockbuster now and then.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-wants-add-first-party-game-xbox-game-pass-every-3-months

I'm not saying there wont be any decent games in there, but by in large you're going to looking at multiplat games for the big titles. Picking up a PC game pass is all you're going to need.

Obviously not everyone has a PC but I'm assuming people snapping up the ultimate pass have both.

Personally I think people are piling on the 36 month deal without thinking about it..

I'm going to be using Xbox live for the next 2 years minimum so stacking up 2 or 3 years is not really an issue.

I'm gambling US$1 on upgrading those 2 or 3 years to the Ultimate Pass which gets me the Game Pass for both XBOX and PC.

Not something that requires a lot of thinking about unless you were planning on not keeping your xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Bought 12 months of game pass off CD keys that I can't use as it would push me beyond three years stacked. Anyone wanna do a guy a solid and buy it off me rather than cd keys veggie upgrading? PM if interested

Tip o' the cap to TheBoyFromAus for sorting me out with this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Surely this is a mistake which they will rectify ???
    I just got 16 months of Game Pass Ultimate for 1 Euro. No more bills until Nov 2020? Can't be right...That's 200 euro saving. Mad. Thanks for the tip guys.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ludo wrote: »
    Surely this is a mistake which they will rectify ???

I hope not, I'll be hounded off boards at this rate if it is :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I hope not, I'll be hounded off boards at this rate if it is :pac:

Not a mistake, it's an offer to try to tie people to GPU at an introductory price for E3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yea but it does say 1 euro for first month and then 12.99 monthly after that when signing up...it doesn't say 1 euro until your unrelated xbox live sub ends and THEN 12.99. I hesitated in case this "offer" was over when reading that during checkout. Anyway looks like it isn't a mistake as the small print on various websites indicates this was indeed the expected behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Yea but it does say 1 euro for first month and then 12.99 monthly after that when signing up...it doesn't say 1 euro until your unrelated xbox live sub ends and THEN 12.99. I hesitated in case this "offer" was over when reading that during checkout. Anyway looks like it isn't a mistake as the small print on various websites indicates this was indeed the expected behaviour.

I think the offer is worded on the premise that people who are availing of the new sub are doing so for the first time, therefore the €1 introductory month followed by full price per month after that. However if you have an existing sub and you convert to the Ultimate sub as far as I know they charge you €1 to convert and you'll be charged full price once your sub expires which you just turn off recurring billing to make sure it doesn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I knew I was doing something right holding off on that game pass offer the last 6 months :D

GPU for €1 for 18 months, if i played it more these days I probably would have stacked gold for longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

If you take a look at your subscriptions it will tell you the next time you'll be billed, which is the end of your offer period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Got mine stacked now until 11th June 2022.

Starting off:
    Had XBL until 6/3/2020
    Had Game Pass until 18/6/2019

Then I:
    Disabled recurring billing
    Stacked XBL Code for 12 Months ; Additional free month for turning on recurring billing
    Brought me to 6/4/2021

Disabled recurring billing
    Stacked XBL Code for 12 Months ; Another free month
    Brought me to 6/5/2022

Bought one month for a quid and the remaining week left in Game pass brought me to:
    11/6/2022

Spent 90 quid on the two extra years of XBL ; will have that covered in just 9 months of game pass. I'm a PC and Xbox gamer so well worth it for me.

Definitely worth stacking, I'm good until Feb 2022 now that I check. These things only go one way and thats more expensive. I'm meticulous at cancelling subs like netflix immediately and only subbing when they have something I want to see but for this kind of money , about €90 + the time left on my gold sub, it's serious value. That wouldn't pay for a meal and a night on the sauce for myself and herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Been edging towards buying an Xbox for a while and the latest drop in prices has prompted me to finally make a move on it. Could I take advantage of this offer? So buy a year or two of Xbox Gold, activate that and then trigger the upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate - will it work?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

xebec wrote: »
    Been edging towards buying an Xbox for a while and the latest drop in prices has prompted me to finally make a move on it. Could I take advantage of this offer? So buy a year or two of Xbox Gold, activate that and then trigger the upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate - will it work?

It should do yeah.

xebec wrote: »

You should get a 1 month trial for Game Pass with your console which is usable if you've never had it before, then buy your Gold(turn on auto renew for a free month) and convert to GPU.

If not it's €1 for a 1 month trial code from CD keys(turn on auto renew for a free month)

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/1-month-xbox-game-pass-xbox-one-360

This should give you an extra 2 months sub for an additional €1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay lads. A weird one.

So I read about this whole "top up" thing and this happened.

My live sub and game pass we're to run out around January 2nd of 2020. So I got on cdkeys another 1 year and slaped it in. Then did 1eu ultimate sub. Now my ultimate runs out at 18/08/2021! Should be 02/01/21?
    Another thing that it shows on Xbox that I am still subbed to normal game pass until random date in 2020. When I went on website, there was no way to cancel it. It just says it is now part of ultimate. I presume the info and ui on Xbox itself is not updated yet?

Okay lads. A weird one.

My live sub and game pass we're to run out around January 2nd of 2020. So I got on cdkeys another 1 year and slaped it in. Then did 1eu ultimate sub. Now my ultimate runs out at 18/08/2021! Should be 02/01/21?
    Another thing that it shows on Xbox that I am still subbed to normal game pass until random date in 2020. When I went on website, there was no way to cancel it. It just says it is now part of ultimate. I presume the info and ui on Xbox itself is not updated yet?

The extra months were probably from your game pass sub. It takes both into account. 6 months left on gold and 6 months let on game pass would convert to a full year of ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Okay lads. A weird one.

It converts both your game pass and gold subscriptions. So with 6 months left on each, you got a year of ultimate pass + the additional year of live you bought plus the bonus month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nice one so. Another sweet deal from MS. I am not too greedy, so this is enough for me now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

sweetie wrote: »
    I read on HDUK that someone did same as you and when they then added Xbox live code it counted towards ultimate.

I hope this is the case,I jumped too early on the €1 deal before extending the Gold sub but the info seems conflicting on adding Gold again after the fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I've had a One X and a gamepass sub for a while now but been too busy to really get into any game. Have some more spare time now and am looking for some games to play but I'm in a bit of a rut where I start a game, put an hour or two in and then never go back even when I intend to.

Anyone got a recommendation for a fast paced game that wouldn't take so long to complete, just to try and get me into the idea of playing through a game again, if that makes sense.

I'm not too fussy on what kind of game it is. Just something fun that isn't too cut scene heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

correction wrote: »
    I've had a One X and a gamepass sub for a while now but been too busy to really get into any game. Have some more spare time now and am looking for some games to play but I'm in a bit of a rut where I start a game, put an hour or two in and then never go back even when I intend to.

Anyone got a recommendation for a fast paced game that wouldn't take so long to complete, just to try and get me into the idea of playing through a game again, if that makes sense.

I'm not too fussy on what kind of game it is. Just something fun that isn't too cut scene heavy.

I enjoyed Brothers: A tale of two sons. Gears of war and Halo are obviously good campaigns but cut scene heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

For €87 I've got Game Pass Ultimate until June 2022, thanks to all for the info, I had forgotten about the 'recurring payment' extra months trick, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I hope this is the case,I jumped too early on the €1 deal before extending the Gold sub but the info seems conflicting on adding Gold again after the fact.

Same. Mines only 18 months when I'd like to do the full 36 now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Same. Mines only 18 months when I'd like to do the full 36 now :(

Like a greedy fool, I jumped straight on the €1 offer and only got until October this year. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Not sure what it is for longer subs, but as a test I added a cheap three month Game Pass subscription to my account (after I had converted to Ultimate already), the code for 3months Game Pass became 2 Months Game Pass Ultimate.

Moral of the story: Top up before converting :D

Second moral of the story: Old GP and Live codes are accepted still and will convert to extend GP Ultimate a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Not sure what it is for longer subs, but as a test I added a cheap three month Game Pass subscription to my account (after I had converted to Ultimate already), the code for 3months Game Pass became 2 Months Game Pass Ultimate.

My 3 month gold sub said it would turn into 1 month ultimate but it ended up being about 1.5 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

any one know when the €1 deal is over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Like a greedy fool, I jumped straight on the €1 offer and only got until October this year. :(

Same. I'm raging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

gmg678 wrote: »
    any one know when the €1 deal is over?
    Today AFAIK

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    username?! wrote: »
    Same. I'm raging.

You can just cancel Ultimate, buy a couple of gold subs, redeem them and then upgrade again.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can just cancel Ultimate, buy a couple of gold subs, redeem them and then upgrade again.

Can do. But it should be noted you will lose whatever you had previously:
    Note: Purchase of Ultimate plan automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console).

Now, it would still totally be worth it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement