Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

Just spotted on techradar that this offer ends tonigh, maybe it’s already been mentioned.

https://www.techradar.com/news/get-xbox-game-pass-for-dollar1-pound1-until-2022-with-this-incredible-deal-hack

It's worth mentioning here that this deal is meant to be running throughout the whole time E3 is on, which ends on Thursday 13 June, 2019. Keep in mind that, once your pre-paid subscription ends, this will then roll into an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, so you may want to set a reminder to cancel the pricier subscription at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Well I completely effed up!

I cancelled my GPU sub to Oct 19 about 10pm on my account on my phone.
    I was refreshing my Xbox dashboard at the same time to see that the 1euro upgrade offer was still there.
    Bought two years of XBL (26 months) and then went though the upgrade process.

It was 12.99...

"Oh well, I missed the 1euro offer. I guess 12.99 is still grand for 26 months of GPU."

No.

I lost my 26 months and was converted to monthly GPU. Next charge due 12/07/19.

I nearly had a heart attack.

When I picked myself up off the ground, stopped throwing a toddler tantrum, and came to my senses, I got onto Xbox email support and told them what had happened.

"No problem sir, I understand your concern, bear with me and I'll see if I can help.....
    Ok, I fixed that there for you. Please check your subscriptions on your Xbox now. You should have Game Pass Ultimate good until 12/09/21."

Glory be.....

It would have served me right. Thick!!! Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

^^ I love when stories have a happy ending

Cheers! The relief was immense!

I also corrected my post to fix my terrible maths. It was actually 26 months (and 27 months in the end)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I just like happy endings.

• I just like happy endings.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dying Light, Die for Valhalla and Torment: Tides of Numenera coming soon

ShaneU wrote: »

I traded dying light when I finished all the achievements, forgetting I'd got the season pass free by buying it on amazon that time. So might be worth another look.

ShaneU wrote: »

Strong pattern now of games popping up shortly before its sequel is due to launch.

Disappointing that there's no cross save between PC and Xbox. Sat down to play mutant year zero on the xbox and there is no progress from my PC games despite it having synced something while it was loading, presume it was just the achievements.

• Advertisement

Damn...I've lost my progression on PC :-( Coincidence that it happened when I logged into the game on Xbox?!

Damn...I've lost my progression on PC :-( Coincidence that it happened when I logged into the game on Xbox?!

Yep just confirmed this, opening the game on Xbox will erase your progress on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Some upcoming game for Game Pass next week.

Xbox-Game-Pass.jpg?resize=1024,576

Some upcoming game for Game Pass next week.

Xbox-Game-Pass.jpg?resize=1024,576

Interesting they've new branding for console and PC.

Anyone know if they have mentioned anything about cross save becoming standard and not just for play anywhere titles?

I know it's in beta so I'm assuming/hoping its something that's in the pipeline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Interesting they've new branding for console and PC.

Anyone know if they have mentioned anything about cross save becoming standard and not just for play anywhere titles?

I know it's in beta so I'm assuming/hoping its something that's in the pipeline.

How do you mean? They already announced GPU for PC at E3 and it is currently in Beta.

Its nothing new.

ZiabR wrote: »
    How do you mean? They already announced GPU for PC at E3 and it is currently in Beta.

Its nothing new.

I'm asking about cross save. Progression is separate on PC and Console and in at least one instance (Mutant Year Zero) it actually overwrites your progression.

I'm playing Metro Exodus and I'm in my element! I loved the first two and played the Reduxs back to back before xmas in anticipation for it.

So glad I didn't pay for it. Came very close a number of occasions but between one thing or another, didn't pull the trigger.

I can't believe I'm playing it for "free" so soon after its release.

Such an amazing service!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm asking about cross save. Progression is separate on PC and Console and in at least one instance (Mutant Year Zero) it actually overwrites your progression.

Don't know Mr G, wasn't even aware they were trialling cross save outside the play anywhere environment, as you say.

For anything outside that environment, I would assume separate instances of saving for each platform.

It suck that your progression was overwritten on that one game. Was there any on screen warnings to this affect?

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    I'm playing Metro Exodus and I'm in my element! I loved the first two and played the Reduxs back to back before xmas in anticipation for it.

So glad I didn't pay for it. Came very close a number of occasions but between one thing or another, didn't pull the trigger.

I can't believe I'm playing it for "free" so soon after its release.

Such an amazing service!!!

Is the shooting still 'off' in it? I played it at launch and couldn't hit ****. It's got a few very good linear sections but overall I was very let down by it compared to the previous titles.

In other news I see hotline miami is there for pc!!!!! Loved that on PS4. Music is excellent in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is the shooting still 'off' in it? I played it at launch and couldn't hit ****. It's got a few very good linear sections but overall I was very let down by it compared to the previous titles.

Found it very clunky too and was a big fan of 1 & 2

Ok, so it's not just me??? Yes, in that case, it's still off.

And as sweetie said, clunky.

However, I'm quite forgiving (for the moment) because I loved the other two so much and I'm enjoying the change of pace/scenery

Enjoying Myero Exodus as well on PC game pass. Would never have bought it so very happy. Aiming seems fine on PC, ad mainly a console player using a mouse to aim feels soooooo easy.

Btw, you need to clean your weapon in the game. A dirty weapon affects its performance.

Download speeds on PC compared to Xbox for games is atrocious.

I got a notification on the phone that Goat Stimulator was available now on GP.

I thought it was already on GP?

P.S. there's no type in the first line! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Was it not a notification that Goat Simulator PC is now in Game Pass?

• Advertisement

No it was for Xbox One.

Now that I think more about it, it might have been free with Gold at some point!

Is the game pass ultimate $1 deal a one time use or can I buy another gold sub now and convert it for another $1?

Is the game pass ultimate $1 deal a one time use or can I buy another gold sub now and convert it for another $1?

Buy the gold sub then convert, you can use the codes after but the conversion rate is lousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Was going to pick up Blazing Chrome on the Switch but might just stick to the Game Pass version so!

Have heard good things about Timespinner too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

so I did the switch to GPU and have it till 2022.

I got a 12mth sub gift card for it and I am wondering can I enter it or do I need to wait till next year.

gmg678 wrote: »
    so I did the switch to GPU and have it till 2022.

I got a 12mth sub gift card for it and I am wondering can I enter it or do I need to wait till next year.

You'll need to wait. You can only have a maximum of 36 months Gold/GPU subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

gmg678 wrote:

Won't accept if it accrues your sub further than 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Playing Void Bastards on and off the last few weeks. Oddly enjoyable despite being fairly repetitive. The comic book- style graphics are excellent.

Gears 5 tech test is out, available on game pass and pre orders.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

August 1

Ashes Cricket
    Pandemic
    Downwell (PC Only)

August 8

The Jackbox Party Pack 2
    Space Hulk Tactics (PC Only)

August 14

Slay the Spire

Link here.

Pandemic is great, just FYI.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Could have sworn Slay the Spire was on there since launch on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Slay the spire is already on pc

Slay the Spire is for Xbox according to Major Nelson.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1156550398401847296?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Screwed that one up, sorry.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    Screwed that one up, sorry.

Not good enough, think about what you've done. :pac:

giphy.gif

Today:

Age Of Empires Definitive Edition (PC)
    Stellaris
    Devil May Cry 5

Later this month:
    Kingdom Come Deliverance
    Ape Out
    Bards tale 4
    Blair Witch

• CatInABox wrote: »
    Today:

Stellaris
    Devil May Cry 5

Later this month:
    Kingdom Come Deliverance
    Ape Out
    Bards tale 4
    Blair Witch

Devil Mary Cry 5??

That's a great addition!

Seriously, I feel like I'm ripping them off subscribing to this thing. They're obviously making money from it, but the amount of games I buy has plummeted since I subscribed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

CatInABox wrote: »
    Today:

Stellaris
    Devil May Cry 5
    Are these all for PC?
    Devil May Cry 5 is coming up at 59.99 for me on Xbox.

gmisk wrote: »
    Are these all for PC?
    Devil May Cry 5 is coming up at 59.99 for me.

I think Dmc5 is console only. Hasn't been added yet anyway.

gmisk wrote: »
    Are these all for PC?
    Devil May Cry 5 is coming up at 59.99 for me.

It'll go live sometime today I'd say.

More games for PC here:
    https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1163468790887116800

• Advertisement

• CatInABox wrote: »
    Just AOE:DE. It'll go live sometime today I'd say.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1163468017432350726

I find that odd though. I thought gamepass was supposed to be even across platforms if a title existed for both systems?

Advertisement