Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

August 19

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (PC only)
    Devil May Cry 5 (Console Only)
    Stellaris (Console Only, but PC is coming later apparently)

August 22

Ape Out (PC only)
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Console + PC)

August 27

Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut (Console + PC)

August 30

Blair Witch (Console + PC)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I find that odd though. I thought gamepass was supposed to be even across platforms if a title existed for both systems?

I don't think they ever said that, but I can't be sure.

DMC5 is live now, I'd assume the rest are as well.

Missed this in the announcement, but Dead Cells is coming on September 5 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Stellaris not showing up for me in the Xbox store. Anybody else?

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    Stellaris not showing up for me in the Xbox store. Anybody else?

Try here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/stellaris-console-edition/bwl72gr7z7gk?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Downloaded Age of Empires last night, goodbye life

• Downloaded Age of Empires last night, goodbye life

I found it doesn't hold up well at all
    The campaign is weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Missed this in the announcement, but Dead Cells is coming on September 5 as well.

dead cells is great, hard as nails though, I've still yet to beat it, its the kind of game where a great run can go spectacularly wrong in the space of 10 seconds.

Started Just Cause 4 tonight, wish I'd remembered it was an Avalanche Studios game :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thanks feck for game pass... Again...

Tried DMC5 as I was kind of looking forward to it, but after playing two missions I just gave up. I am not sure why, but combat feels very week. I don't even feel like making tactical decisions, just spamming buttons.

Then I tried Stelaris, I played very little on pc and it's always one of those games I really want to learn how to play. Well... It's 3.30 right now and had to force myself to go to bed. It's very good and works very well with controller. Very pleasant surprise.

Started Vampyr too. Really liking it. The concept as a whole is very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Then I tried Stelaris, I played very little on pc and it's always one of those games I really want to learn how to play. Well... It's 3.30 right now and had to force myself to go to bed. It's very good and works very well with controller. Very pleasant surprise.

Jesus Christ, you gave me a fright. I seen you said "It's 3:30 right now" then looked at your post time and it said "Today 03:32" :eek: I had a mini heart attack until I realised it's really only 11:55 and it was last night but today you posted :pac:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, you gave me a fright. I seen you said "It's 3:30 right now" then looked at your post time and it said "Today 03:32" :eek: I had a mini heart attack until I realised it's really only 11:55 and it was last night but today you posted :pac:

Bah, pussy! :pac:

I actually played it until 4ish last night. Still on holidays. So I am enjoying my gaming time while I can.

During the day: PC Satisfactory
    After misses comes back home: Make Dinner, spend time with Family
    When misses passes out: Xbox Stellaris

Good times. :D

So... Stellaris.... Last night a conducted a war against 3 empires to humiliate and make one of those empires my contributor. It went for a bit too long then I expected had to do some political crap too. Next thing I see it's 4:00 in the morning and I have work today. This game is really not good for your health!
    Seriously, if anyone wants to play a good game CIV style then this is it. It's very well ported to console and I even prefer it to play it like that.
    Debating to myself now if I just buy deluxe upgrade and hope it stays for long on game pass or just buy deluxe pack with all dlcs at discount while it's on game pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

So... Stellaris.... Last night a conducted a war against 3 empires to humiliate and make one of those empires my contributor. It went for a bit too long then I expected had to do some political crap too. Next thing I see it's 4:00 in the morning and I have work today. This game is really not good for your health!
    Seriously, if anyone wants to play a good game CIV style then this is it. It's very well ported to console and I even prefer it to play it like that.
    Debating to myself now if I just buy deluxe upgrade and hope it stays for long on game pass or just buy deluxe pack with all dlcs at discount while it's on game pass.

Playing this game for over a year now but on pc. It’s the only game I play on pc have all the dlc. So much to this game no game is the same. Play with 3 friends each Friday night on line and it’s great fun. Put it on the Xbox but still to try it out. Just worried it will not be as good as pc. When your fleets get to 100k and stronger you can have some epic battles.
    My current game I have about 150 planets which I control all by my self and about 400k in fleets. It’s around the year 2450 so I think game is set to end in 59 years. At this stage the game goes very slowly the power it takes for the game to run and my pc would be a mid range pc.

But ya it’s a great game and if you play it online with friends it’s even better.

This months games:

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1169238526681960448

September 5

Dead Cells

Metal Gear Solid HD Edition: 2 & 3

September 6

Creature in the Well

Gears 5 Ultimate Edition (September 6 for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members; standard edition available September 10 for Xbox Game Pass members)

September 12

Enter the Gungeon

Gonner Blüeberry Edition

Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass for Console

Onrush (September 4)
    LEGO Batman 2 (September 6)
    Joy Ride Turbo (September 6)
    Splosion Man (September 6)
    The Maw (September 6)
    LEGO Indiana Jones (September 30)
    Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (September 30)
    Split/Second (September 30)
    Ninja Gaiden Black (September 30)
    theHunter: Call of the Wild (September 30)

• A note on Gears 5

Gears 5 early access will begin at 9pm on September 5th in your local time zone. For countries with multiple time zones, the earliest time zone will determine when you can play. For example, North American early access will begin at simultaneously at 9pm ET, 8pm CT and 6pm PT

• Posting this here also guys;

If you switch your region on the PC or Xbox you can play Gears 5 now!
    Change it to New Zealand

Graphically I would argue it's one of the best looking games this generation

Gears 5 is going to keep me busy for a while. Only early into it but it's shaping up to be a pretty good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Gears 5 is going to keep me busy for a while. Only early into it but it's shaping up to be a pretty good game.

Agreed, played the campaign for a couple of hours last night.

If anyone is looking for Campaign / Horde partners hit me up. I'd say versus too but I'm quite ****e at it:
    Dark Sup3rn0va

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Is there actually no Gears of War 5 thread or have I missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Is there actually no Gears of War 5 thread or have I missed it.

Don’t think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Gears 5 is fantastic! Has caught me off guard a bit. I always enjoyed the series but this one didn't really excite me much looking at the trailers, and I was hoping to play as Marcus.

But it's really good. The lighting is phenomenal, story is engaging, character development is much more fleshed out than Gears 4. The open world parts make it feel fresh too.

• It's not total overkill either. It's open world segments are really well done. It's about exploring as opposed to a check list bolox system like an Ubisoft game or something.

I'm on Chapter 3 first act. Loads of little pieces of detail I'm finding in the sub missions and the main ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

More stuff for Game Pass.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1174308314131267585?s=19

Tomorrow
    Jump Force
    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

September 26th
    Bad North
    Dirt Rally 2.0
    Lego Worlds.

• Bloodstained, that's brilliant!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah have had my eye on that too though I feel like I'd rather play it on the switch but it costs a bomb on there!

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah have had my eye on that too though I feel like I'd rather play it on the switch but it costs a bomb on there!

It looks great. I was tempted to get it on the Switch also but there apparently is some issues with that version.

I'm hoping this is cross compatible with PC and Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It looks great. I was tempted to get it on the Switch also but there apparently is some issues with that version.

Looks like those ones are just console unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Typical! I just bought bloodstained..

• fifth wrote: »
    Typical! I just bought bloodstained..

Put in a Microsoft refund if you haven't played it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Think Game Pass has actually saved me money at this point. Got the upgrade to GPU on the cheap and it's really put a stop to most of the potential bargains I used to pick up in the weekly sales and never play. Even games like Bloodstained, I would've liked to have played but unless I think I can get around to playing a game immediately then I don't buy it cos anything could pop up on Game Pass by the time I get around to playing it.

That and the fact that it's hard to justify buying another game with so much on offer there. Mostly only buy Switch games now. Best service ever. :D

For those that participate in the Game Pass quests for microsoft rewards, there's a new quest out that's pretty interesting. Every Gamerscore you get over the next ten days will also count as a microsoft reward point, up to a max of 10,000.

See here, it's the top quest.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

For those that participate in the Game Pass quests for microsoft rewards, there's a new quest out that's pretty interesting. Every Gamerscore you get over the next ten days will also count as a microsoft reward point, up to a max of 10,000.

Cant find that on the console at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Do we need to do anything particular to trigger this or just play away and earn the rewards?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Looks like those ones are just console unfortunately.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1174718583764598785

Shadow Warrior 2 and Bloodstained on PC

• Games pass is on another level at the moment
    Excellent news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

10k over 10 days? :eek:

I might get 50 :P

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Cant find that on the console at all.

It's on there now.

I don't know if it's worded weirdly, but it reads to me like you've got to get 500 gamerscore, then click a punchcard, and from then on it'll count? It's weird, I don't know if that's correct.

There's also a list of eligible games that are.... not great..... Well, some are. There's only twenty games on it.

Anyone tried Bloodstained yet? Playing it there and I'm only about 30 minutes in and must have had at least 4 or 5 crashes now. Generally happens when I go into pause menu, her head disappears and game stalls then. Enjoying it up to now but it's borderline unplayable at the moment. Thought they'd have this stuff well patched out by now.

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    Anyone tried Bloodstained yet? Playing it there and I'm only about 30 minutes in and must have had at least 4 or 5 crashes now. Generally happens when I go into pause menu, her head disappears and game stalls then. Enjoying it up to now but it's borderline unplayable at the moment. Thought they'd have this stuff well patched out by now.

Usually runs fine for me, only time it potentially crashes for me is when I pick up a book. One of the final bosses tanks the fps too.

Usually runs fine for me, only time it potentially crashes for me is when I pick up a book. One of the final bosses tanks the fps too.

Maybe I've just had bad luck so. Are you playing on One or One X. On One X here and it generally happens when I go into a menu after picking up a new weapon, which you kind of need to do quite a bit.

skerry wrote: »
    Maybe I've just had bad luck so. Are you playing on One or One X. On One X here and it generally happens when I go into a menu after picking up a new weapon, which you kind of need to do quite a bit.

I've been playing it on an X and an S. Unfortunately it is known to be an unstable game on all platforms.

I've been playing it on an X and an S. Unfortunately it is known to be an unstable game on all platforms.

That's a pity, was enjoying what I played if it. Just on the first boss. Will try again later and see how it fares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

So I am having a problem with this, I have gotten about 20 achievements between Minecraft, Gears 5, Dead Rising 4 and some other games but none of the points are registering on the rewards, it still says 0/500
    I also have a punch card activated for Gears 5 for 250 points once I get any achievement, got 4 of them and it still hasnt registered

So I am having a problem with this, I have gotten about 20 achievements between Minecraft, Gears 5, Dead Rising 4 and some other games but none of the points are registering on the rewards, it still says 0/500
    I also have a punch card activated for Gears 5 for 250 points once I get any achievement, got 4 of them and it still hasnt registered

The gears 5 one states that it many take a few days before the achievements register!

As for the points one, it may not total until the end of the event? That's just a guess though :)

Here's the ID@GamePass games coming soon, some classics in there as well.

Console/PC
    Munchkin
    Lonely Mountains: Downhill
    Demon’s Tilt
    Genesis Noir
    Minit
    The Talos Principle
    Vambrace: Cold Soul

Console Only
    Yooka Laylee
    The Escapists 2

PC Only
    Cities: Skyline (Windows 10 Edition)
    Dead by Daylight
    The Red Strings Club
    State of Mind

Ones that I've played:
    Minit is just a great little game.

The Talos Principle is just brilliant, loved it to bits when I went through it. Superb puzzle game from the Serious Sam folks, very interesting story line as well, so long as you can find it!

Ones that I think look good:

Lonely Mountains: Downhill looks great, seems rock hard.

Lonely Mountains: Downhill looks great, seems rock hard.

:pac:

What's that Minit one about? That the 60 second repeating thingy?
    It's going free on EGS next Thursday too!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    :pac:

What's that Minit one about? That the 60 second repeating thingy?
    It's going free on EGS next Thursday too!

Yeah, that's the one. I loved it, it was a great palette cleanser after RDR2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

For anyone wondering if the deal for the free upgrade to ultimate game pass is still available, It is. I just upgraded 2 years of gold to 2 years and 2 months of gamepass ultimate for €2 for my daughter :D Microsoft are nuts lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement