Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

For anyone wondering if the deal for the free upgrade to ultimate game pass is still available, It is. I just upgraded 2 years of gold to 2 years and 2 months of gamepass ultimate for €2 for my daughter :D Microsoft are nuts lol

My son's Gold expires in a week,I previously got the deal but jumped in too soon without stacking Gold before getting the Ultimate.
    If I let it expire,can I start from scratch and get this deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

My son's Gold expires in a week,I previously got the deal but jumped in too soon without stacking Gold before getting the Ultimate.
    If I let it expire,can I start from scratch and get this deal?

I think you can restack and get ultimate, you probably won't get the €2 intro offer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

New games incoming:

October 3rd

•Dishonored 2

October 10th

•World War Z

•Yooka Laylee

October 17th

•Fallout: New Vegas

•Felix The Reaper

•Panzer Dragoon Orta

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Don't forget, The Outer Worlds will be launching on Game Pass as well, on the 25th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

More stuff for Game Pass.

Dirt Rally 2.0
    Dirt Rally 2.0 is worth playing. Tougher than the first one but very rewarding. Driving a Group B monster at the Spanish Rally is damn scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Think I read somewhere, probably in an email I got, that you now get 6 months Spotify Premium with your Ultimate Game Pass Sub

Think I read somewhere, probably in an email I got, that you now get 6 months Spotify Premium with your Ultimate Game Pass Sub

It's up on Facebook, not sure if it is US only though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's up on Facebook, not sure if it is US only though.

It's definitely in the UK too. I assume it's only new customers though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Dirt Rally 2.0 is worth playing. Tougher than the first one but very rewarding. Driving a Group B monster at the Spanish Rally is damn scary.

I must download this and give it a shot. I do like a good driving sim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I've really gotten stuck into Battle Chasers:Nightwear and think it's fantastic. Been playing it for hours and hours today. Kinda a FF7 clone with a bootleg female Link in the lead but yeah, very enjoyable old school JRPG.

Birneybau wrote: »
    I've really gotten stuck into Battle Chasers:Nightwear and think it's fantastic. Been playing it for hours and hours today. Kinda a FF7 clone with a bootleg female Link in the lead but yeah, very enjoyable old school JRPG.

This looks great. I have been looking for a new RPG. Was about to buy FF9 on Xbox one to play it again but I think I will get this instead.

Playing hellblade senua now, very creepy

bluewolf wrote: »

Very disconcerting altogether

I thought it was an amazing game. Loved it.

It did give me a different perspective on people suffering from mental health issues and Psychosis.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

From a story telling point, atmosphere, visuals and sound design point of view I found hellblade amazing. As a "game" I found it a bit of a slog at times though tbh.

• Advertisement

I had to take a break from it and moved on to ori and the blind forest. Didn't think I'd like the latter as much as i do.
    I don't know if hellblade s was a slog or getting too intense but yeah, had to put it down for a bit. Don't get me wrong, i think it's excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Played a couple of hours of Vampyr, decent enough so far, been meaning to try it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I had to take a break from it and moved on to ori and the blind forest. Didn't think I'd like the latter as much as i do.
    I don't know if hellblade s was a slog or getting too intense but yeah, had to put it down for a bit. Don't get me wrong, i think it's excellent

Hellblade is a work of art, I loved it. But from a gaming experience perspective I could see why the jury might be out.

Ori knocked me for 6. I had no idea a platformer would grab me the way it did. It's just so charming and enchanting. A beautiful innocence to it coupled with fantastic and challenging game play. I can't wait for The Will o' the Wisps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just occurred to me this morning - I haven't bought an Xbox game since Christmas and still have had a never ending "to play" list and getting through great game after great game

Gamepass is incredible, love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Ah New Vegas we meet again :D

• Advertisement

I'm hoping Outer Worlds can scratch the itch that fallout 4 and 76 failed to.

I just couldn't get into Hellblade. I had been looking forward to it and wanted to like it. I didn't enjoy its gameplay or emphathize with Senua.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I just couldn't get into Hellblade. I had been looking forward to it and wanted to like it. I didn't enjoy its gameplay or emphathize with Senua.

I played it last week for 2 achievements for reward points!
    Turned it off straight after the 2nd one popped after getting to the gate for the first time.
    I'd assume that's very early in the story, I was still in a tutorial anyway!
    Finding it hard to want to go back, just keep turning on Fifa instead.

I might push through and see what happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I played it last week for 2 achievements for reward points!
    Turned it off straight after the 2nd one popped after getting to the gate for the first time.
    I'd assume that's very early in the story, I was still in a tutorial anyway!
    Finding it hard to want to go back, just keep turning on Fifa instead.

I might push through and see what happens :)

I know this is probably more to do with you not being into the game, but it got me thinking.

Does anyone have trouble getting around to games in their backlog because of online games? Like if you've got a competitive go-to.

For instance, I've got Metro Exodus, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Ruiner, Bloodstained, FH4...all of which I am loving playing... just sitting there unfinished due to sitting down and going straight for Gears and Overwatch.

I just find the draw so hard to resist regardless of how much I want to relax into an offline game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I sank over 3000 hours into CS:S when I was more into PC so... yeah, pretty much.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah it's a lot easier to sit and play a few games of overwatch or similar rather than commit to starting a new game.

rolling a new character is the best! i think i start too many games for it

Birneybau wrote: »

And finished. Good 70 hours sunk into it.

Outer Worlds drops on Fri 25th. Looking forward to that.

Stellaris for me is incredible. The level of detail is crazy.

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    Stellaris for me is incredible. The level of detail is crazy.

I found it overwhelmingly so

Outer Worlds getting solid reviews, looking forward to giving it a blast. Gamespot gave it 9 out of 10. Looks very Fallout but without the ancient Bethesda engine holding it back.

skerry wrote: »
    Outer Worlds getting solid reviews, looking forward to giving it a blast. Gamespot gave it 9 out of 10. Looks very Fallout but without the ancient Bethesda engine holding it back.
    Glad to hear. Fantastic that this is coming to game pass.

New list for Game Pass. Interested in trying After Party, looks pretty good.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1186706518332317697?s=19

Subnautica is a great game. Not perfect but still great fun. I played it until the story line just abruptly stopped and I had no idea how to get it going again but was great fun up until then. I know I had to go somewhere and do something but could for thr life of me figure out what that was. A pity as I was really hooked until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I got Subnautica when it first came out in Game Preview, I really enjoyed it but havent played it in a long time now.
    I was going to go back to it but then Atlas showed up and now my time is spent on that

Enjoying DMC 5 the last few evenings now. Decent hack and slash. Graphics are unreal on it, the facial animations on the recent Capcom game are next level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Enjoying DMC 5 the last few evenings now. Decent hack and slash. Graphics are unreal on it, the facial animations on the recent Capcom game are next level.

I have to go back and finish it, I love how over the top it is in the cutscenes, They're riding a very fine line between Cringe and cool, but they do it with such a straight face that its hard not to love it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Finished playing through Guacamelee! 2 last night, a most enjoyable metroidvania game. Rock hard at times too, the secret chicken key levels had me near rage at times. Funnily enough, doing those before I finished the game meant that the final sections were a total cakewalk.

Also going through Bad North as well. It looked like it'd calm me down after bouts of Guacamelee!, turns out that wasn't exactly accurate. It's all grand for the first few levels, but in short order Norsemen are being dumped onto the island from all sides.

• Advertisement

Looks like Rage 2 and The Witcher 3 are going to be announced later.

Nice, three Yakuza games are coming to gamepass in 2020

CatInABox wrote: »
    Nice, three Yakuza games are coming to gamepass in 2020

Sweet. Have them all on PS4 but their super games. Did not expect them to make it to Xbox at all. Great to see they're getting a bit more adventurous with japanese titles on Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Witcher 3 being console only is a joke

Would have liked to try Remnants too

Rage 2 is there now for GamePass if you look for it in the store

• Advertisement

It's rare that I'd give a flat out recommendation, but The Talos Principle is on Game Pass now. Folks, this is just a great game, get on it. Yes, it's from the studio that brought us Serious Sam, and no I didn't expect it either, but this game has a wonderful story line that explores what it means to be human better than any I've played since.

At the start, the puzzles are ultra easy, you'll get through them in no time, but soon enough you're juggling emitters, deactivating force-fields, avoiding drones all over the place. Eventually, at some point, in some puzzle, you spot something and say to your self, "hang on, I see something over there, could.... Could I hit that with....", and that's when your head will really start melting.

It looks very like the Witness which I wasn't at all keen on despite many saying in the main games thread that it was great. Talos Principle looks a lot less pretentious though in it's story???

It looks very like the Witness which I wasn't at all keen on despite many saying in the main games thread that it was great. Talos Principle looks a lot less pretentious though in it's story???

Hmm... Tough one. I didn't think that it was pretentious, but I can't compare it to the Witness, as I never played it. It's basically two storylines, one with a voiceover from "god", and computer terminals that show you the back ground. Both come together eventually, if you get far enough/go off the beaten track enough.

The good news is that it's on game pass, so it won't cost you anything to find out, and you'll probably have a fair idea if it's for you after 30 minutes to an hour.

Looking forward to trying out Remnant now, have heard good things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Looking forward to trying out Remnant now, have heard good things.

same, only problem is that its supposed to be very strongly biased towards co-op play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement