Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

Halo Reach is in MCC now too.

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's rare that I'd give a flat out recommendation, but The Talos Principle is on Game Pass now. Folks, this is just a great game, get on it. Yes, it's from the studio that brought us Serious Sam, and no I didn't expect it either, but this game has a wonderful story line that explores what it means to be human better than any I've played since.

At the start, the puzzles are ultra easy, you'll get through them in no time, but soon enough you're juggling emitters, deactivating force-fields, avoiding drones all over the place. Eventually, at some point, in some puzzle, you spot something and say to your self, "hang on, I see something over there, could.... Could I hit that with....", and that's when your head will really start melting.

Started this one tonight, it's very enjoyable. You're right puzzles do start off easy. The first one I really scratched my head on was the don't cross the streams one, which was the second one with the beams or the one where you had to pick up the jammer from above then unblock the drone and let it do it's thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Started this one tonight, it's very enjoyable. You're right puzzles do start off easy. The first one I really scratched my head on was the don't cross the streams one, which was the second one with the beams or the one where you had to pick up the jammer from above then unblock the drone and let it do it's thing.

There is one in that area and it has a hidden star with a red laser on the door, still trying to work that one out. Paint!?
    Think this is for clues on how to solve but you have to pick the correct clue -_- couldn't paint it red anyway

It's a tough game, not wanting to look online for the solutions! From a user standpoint I found that it is over optimised, if you peek around a corner, wall textures unload but do not load quick enough sometimes also. The control schema's are not great a few more would be nice like sprint on left trigger or one of the sticks with x being used as interact or just mappable controls in-game.

I had to set it to performance mode, I found the textures very harsh in terms of sharpness in graphics mode.

Yeah sums up the experience so far pretty well!

https://twitter.com/PhilGolden_/status/1196380965741977601?s=20

Started getting pop ups tonight about daily and weekly reward quests. Handy points, I've been doing them when possible and the ones on the website every day and they add up, got 2 months of Game Pass for free so far. You have to do the web ones through a VPN to UK or use Tor with an edited cc file to force it to use UK based nodes.

Is 3 months GamePass for €1 a limited black Friday deal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is 3 months GamePass for €1 a limited black Friday deal ?

Yes. Stack up at least 2 years of gold before redeeming as it converts all time to GPU up to 3 years.

Yes. Stack up at least 2 years of gold before redeeming as it converts all time to GPU up to 3 years.
    I ordered one of the €99 no-disc consoles but I was planning to put it away til xmas. So I should go ahead and get the €1 for 3 month now ? The offer will be gon by then ? I can do it without a console ?

I don't want any gold stuff, I was planning to just play a few months of Game Pass and then sell the console.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I ordered one of the €99 no-disc consoles but I was planning to put it away til xmas. So I should go ahead and get the €1 for 3 month now ? The offer will be gon by then ? I can do it without a console ?

I don't want any gold stuff, I was planning to just play a few months of Game Pass and then sell the console.

In that case just take the three months now.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    In that case just take the three months now.

Yeah, if you are selling it on just do this. You can sign up for this offer on xbox.com. You will need to set up a gamertag and Microsoft account first if you haven't got one already.

Yeah, if you are selling it on just do this. You can sign up for this offer on xbox.com. You will need to set up a gamertag and Microsoft account first if you haven't got one already.
    Cheers. Yeah, it was just an impulse purchase, i'll use Game Pass to go through a few of the exclusives that I never played (halo etc) and then sell it or give to a friend. Or maybe when the next-gen rolls around i'll get the full €99 back in trade-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Cheers. Yeah, it was just an impulse purchase, i'll use Game Pass to go through a few of the exclusives that I never played (halo etc) and then sell it or give to a friend. Or maybe when the next-gen rolls around i'll get the full €99 back in trade-in.

I like that angle !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

So if i buy a years gold on cdkeys for €42.49, I can upgrade this for €1 and get 12 months of Ultimate Game Pass? Sorry, I'm not familiar with this.

So if i buy a years gold on cdkeys for €42.49, I can upgrade this for €1 and get 12 months of Ultimate Game Pass? Sorry, I'm not familiar with this.

You'd get 15 months of GPU for that atm.

You'd get 15 months of GPU for that atm.

Your right. 15 months for 45 euro seems like a great deal.

• Halo Reach @ 6pm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I did the same and it’s saying 3 months at €1 and then it’s 38.99 every 3 months?

Blazer wrote: »
    I did the same and it’s saying 3 months at €1 and then it’s 38.99 every 3 months?

I put the code through for the year of xbox gold. Couple of mins later bought the €1 upgrade and it says I'm subbed to ultimate up until February 2021. Next payment due then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I put the code through for the year of xbox gold. Couple of mins later bought the €1 upgrade and it says I'm subbed to ultimate up until February 2021. Next payment due then.

Nice. Next due is Mar 2021 for some reason.
    I only had a months trial before I topped up for the year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Blazer wrote: »
    Nice. Next due is Mar 2021 for some reason.
    I only had a months trial before I topped up for the year.

That'd be about right, you added 1 year, then you took advantage of the three months for €1 deal, giving you 15 months all up. So, around March then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Think these were all announced already, but nice to have in one tweet

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1202226812652097536

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Got into The Division for the last couple of weeks of its gamepass tenure so will give it another crack.

My friend Pedro looks like it'll be good fun. PES2020, always nice and I haven't played the Divison yet so nice again.

Dont know about the others but that's my gamepass paid for itself for another year. I'm stacking years at this stage I've basically got value for money for about the next 5 years. And that's considering full price, the fact I've only paid €1 just makes the whole thing ridiculous! I hope they don't scrap it for being a major profit loss....

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1202584595352498176

Well, that's me not buying Control then. Also, what a fecking amazing deal Game Pass is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Well, that's me not buying Control then. Also, what a fecking amazing deal Game Pass is.

Outstanding, I held off on buying it myself as I was certain that it was the type of game that would definitely come to gamepass.

Jesus, things are really taking off for game pass. I loved quantum break and this looks like a more improved version of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fantastic, december is hell of a month for game pass!

Seems to be happening more regular¬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'd say it's a ploy to boost Xmas sales period before coming in 2020 after the cat being let out of the bag

maximoose wrote: »
    Fantastic, december is hell of a month for game pass!

Yeah, if it is coming, it's not happening anytime soon. I still think it is, despite the denial above, but it won't be for a while.

Playing Afterparty was wrecking my head who was playing Satan, it's the guy who played Lee in walking Dead.

I played through Subnautica there, was quite fun, somewhat like survival mode Minecraft in a way. Got to be a bit of a drag near the end, as it almost turns into more of a logistics game, as you kinda know where you need to go, you've just got to get enough of your gear close enough to it so that you can finally go deep enough.

I'd recommend it, but if you're sensitive to framerate hitches, then I'd avoid. It's pretty clear that the longer it goes on, the more it has to keep track of, and it really struggles at times with the old CPU in the Xbox.

Any issues with saves? I saw a few reports of people losing progress a while ago.

Any issues with saves? I saw a few reports of people losing progress a while ago.

Yes actually. I started out, played for a bit, and when I started it up from a cold boot, there was no save data. I didn't lose any real progress, as I was still in the tooling around phase, so I just started again. Made up the two hours of lost progress in about 15 minutes then, seeing as I knew what I was doing this time.

I assume that it never auto saves, and I never actually saw a save symbol during my entire play through, except when I kicked it off myself. Never lost anything since then, but it's definitely weird going in and doing manual saves. Auto saving is one of those things that just makes modern gaming work seamlessly, you definitely notice when it's gone.

I'd still recommend it even with that annoyance.

Trying to get into Metro Exodus right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Untitled Goose Game dropping next week :D

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1204423022767198208

marcbrophy wrote: »

Nice, I kinda thought that it might. It's a perfect game pass game.

Another game that dropped today is Ticket To Ride, a pretty good digital version of the popular boardgame. It's not the same as being huddled around a table with friends, but it's still a pretty good version. Ticket to Ride is an ideal starter board game, easy to get into and play, it's an ideal christmas present if you think somebody might be interested. Get the Europe version if possible, it's better than the USA version.

Theme Hospital 2 Two Point Hospital is coming to Game Pass, February 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Theme Hospital 2 Two Point Hospital is coming to Game Pass, February 25th.

Well, that'll serve me right for buying it on Black Friday.

• Advertisement

Well, that'll serve me right for buying it on Black Friday.

Indeed, what's the point of buying games any more? Game Pass has really reduced the amount that I've spent on games.

I bought 3 games this year for full whack, everything else has been on sale or game pass. I'd say what I've spent this year is comparable to 2006 when the 360 just came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Hi folks hope this is the right place to ask, my son has a 360 and has an Xbox live account, he is trying to play minecraft online against other people and I’ve read he needs Xbox live gold? Is that correct or does that even makes sense??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Hi folks hope this is the right place to ask, my son has a 360 and has an Xbox live account, he is trying to play minecraft online against other people and I’ve read he needs Xbox live gold? Is that correct or does that even makes sense??!!

If you paid for the Xbox live then it's a gold account.

Xbox Live Gold is a subscription service that allows people to play online with others. It's €60 or so for a year from Microsoft, but you can get it cheaper from other places, such as CDkeys. Please note that I don't know if that's the cheapest available, but I've used Cdkeys before, and have no trouble recommending them.

Also note that Xbox Live Gold comes with four free games a month, which is almost always two Xbox One games, and two Xbox 360 games. Sometimes one of the 360 games is replaced with an original Xbox game. You can keep an eye on the Xbox website to see the latest bundled games here. There's also a games with gold thread here, which will let you know when the latest games go up, and if they're worth getting. Also note that you can actually get the free Xbox One games even if you don't have a One yet, this will let you build up a stockpile of One games if you ever upgrade.

Cheers for the replies, I went onto cdkeys and bought a 14 day trial for the gold membership, I’m not sure if I’ve activated it correctly, I can see it listed under my membership in the account settings but it’s greyed out and I can’t select it. When I view my current membership details it says I only have an Xbox live silver account. After looking it up online I think the gold trial is only for new accounts but all the reviews on cdkeys say it worked fine for them. Any help much appreciated, I’ve a six year old driving me crazy!

Should be ok , the 2 week trial codes don't give full access to gold. You can play online with others but don't have access to the free monthly games or sale discounts.

Should be ok , the 2 week trial codes don't give full access to gold. You can play online with others but don't have access to the free monthly games or sale discounts.

Cheers. Any idea if or how I can set up minecraft to play online please?

Cheers. Any idea if or how I can set up minecraft to play online please?

If it's a server you just put the IP address / URL into the given field for it. IIRC if a friend is in a game it will show up automatically provided they started a multiplayer game.

• Advertisement

If it's a server you just put the IP address / URL into the given field for it. IIRC if a friend is in a game it will show up automatically provided they started a multiplayer game.

Ok thanks I’ll give that a try

Advertisement