Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Ok. Thanks for that guys. Was wondering how they were offering that so cheap. Is the only way to subscribe to game pass as an existing member through the xbox website so? Or is there anywhere you can get monthly codes for slightly cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Ok. Thanks for that guys. Was wondering how they were offering that so cheap. Is the only way to subscribe to game pass as an existing member through the xbox website so? Or is there anywhere you can get monthly codes for slightly cheaper?

You can still use the other passes that cd keys sell, the three month etc.

I went the gold upgrade way. Purchased years of gold for brasil (with vpn) then got the 3 month trial for ultimate game pass from my xbox which converted my years of gold to ultimate.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Edit: What iLikeWaffles said.

When you click through to the month pass, it's for new Live accounts only, so that reads to me like you can only use it for the first month.

Might be wrong, but if you do use it, and it is as it looks to me, you're risking not being able to do the gold upgrade method.

You can still use it for the GPU upgrade. The GPU converts all the remaining time on Gold AND Game Pass to GPU. It is not counted as having GPU so the €1 upgrade will still be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

You can still use the other passes that cd keys sell, the three month etc.

I went the gold upgrade way. Purchased years of gold for brasil (with vpn) then got the 3 month trial for ultimate game pass from my xbox which converted my years of gold to ultimate.

Cool good to know. Might just get a one year subscription and upgrade that. Not sure how much il get to use it but for €40 or so it's with a trial.

Edit: actually if I just buy 4 of the 3 month passes I can get a year of it for €37.50. Great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Plague Tale announced for console :D

skerry wrote: »
    Plague Tale announced for console :D

Available tomorrow alongside Indivisible.

Sea Salt and Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour are available next Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1225064358373257217?s=19

Console
    February 6

Final Fantasy XV

Wolfenstein: Youngblood

February 13

Death Squared (ID@Xbox)

I see the rewards quests are back too. Handy points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I thought FF XV was amazing, sunk over 100 hours into it. Guess I better bring Wolfenstein: Youngblood into CEX tomorrow, couldn't get into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1225064358373257217?s=19

Console
    February 6

Final Fantasy XV

Wolfenstein: Youngblood

February 13

Death Squared (ID@Xbox)
    It says PC in the corner? Is it console too? I'll post in the PC thread

ShaneU wrote: »
    It says PC in the corner? Is it console too? I'll post in the PC thread

FF XV and Wolfenstein are both, Death Squared is console only. Deaths Gambit is PC only.

Busy month with every Final Fantasy, Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and apparently Control scheduled for release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I noticed that they're also including DLC, is this the first time? I haven't been paying attention to it beyond the new game announcements, so seeing the newest DLC for Metro Exodus caught my eye.
    Coming February 11

Dead Cells DLC – The Bad Seed (Console and PC)
    Harvest a few souls with your new scythe! Play through The Arboretum, The Swamp, and The Heart of the Swamp.

Metro Exodus DLC – Sam’s Story (Console and PC)
    In this sandbox-survival expansion, forge Sam’s path on his journey through Vladivostok on his mission to find his way home to the USA, where he hopes to find his family – alive.

I loved Metro Exodus, but not enough to go back for more.

Metro left a bitter taste in my mouth when I played it on release. Aiming and shooting felt off and thought it was nowhere near as good as the first two games. Just didn't work as an open world and was at it's best in the more linear later stages and sections of the open world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The controls did feel a little clunky alright but I did enjoy the game. For me it was a 7/10, maybe a 7.5/10. Well worth a play through.

Seems that it is the Royal Edition of FF XV in Game Pass so it includes most of the dlc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Has anyone had any problems with Halo MCC?
    I tried to play it earlier today and each time I starte it, it just froze with the music still playing
    First time it was just a blank screen then I got as far as Press Start and when I did, the circle starte going round but stopped and stayed like that.I've uninstalled it and tried it again just there but still having the same issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Has anyone had any problems with Halo MCC?
    I tried to play it earlier today and each time I starte it, it just froze with the music still playing
    First time it was just a blank screen then I got as far as Press Start and when I did, the circle starte going round but stopped and stayed like that.I've uninstalled it and tried it again just there but still having the same issue

Try a hard reset on the console. I've had the same issue with other games and that always sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Donutz

Busy month with every Final Fantasy, Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and apparently Control scheduled for release.

So all the final fantasy games are coming to gamepass?

Donutz wrote: »
    So all the final fantasy games are coming to gamepass?

All the ones available on Xbox anyway.

Aiming and shooting felt off
    Was that not part of the mechanics? As in you're using homemade weapons and the while having to clean them thing?

Great to see DLC coming to game pass. But theres too many games to play I'll probably not get around to this.

Was disappointed to see the Division leave game pass again and after only a 1 month stint this time. I never got round to playing it. But seems it could be in preparation for Division 2. Definitely bumping that to the top of my todo list when it comes. It's also only 2.99 on the US store which would indicate its imminent.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n40394/the-division-2-xbox-game-pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

How does this compare to ps plus? I have a ps4 but thinking of picking up a cheap Xbox one. Is there much of a difference in the two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    How does this compare to ps plus? I have a ps4 but thinking of picking up a cheap Xbox one. Is there much of a difference in the two

PS Plus isn't the same thing. PS plus is PlayStation version of Xbox live. Game Pass is comparable to PS now but far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

Kingdom Hearts 3 and Yakuza 0 this month, along with Ninja Gaiden 2. Not bad.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-18-yakuza-0-ninja-gaiden-2-and-kingdom-hearts-3-headed-to-xbox-game-pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Question on this.....

Was just looking at getting gold again. I saw ultimate was €1 for a month but it says that it converts your current gold membership to Ultimate for the duration.

So does that mean if I buy a 12 month membership and pay the extra euro I get 12 months of Ultimate?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Question on this.....

Was just looking at getting gold again. I saw ultimate was €1 for a month but it says that it converts your current gold membership to Ultimate for the duration.

So does that mean if I buy a 12 month membership and pay the extra euro I get 12 months of Ultimate?

Welcome to the best gaming deal going. You can stack three years of gold, then convert to GPU. Incredible deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

now that is madness. On it

Mr.S wrote: »
    Wait really? how?

Buy about 30 months of gold online, turn on auto renew when prompted for a free month. Turn off auto renew.

Buy the 3 months of GPU for €1 offer on console, app or website and again turn on auto renew for a free month.

This will net you 35 months of GPU for about €110. GPU normally costs €13 a month.

Anyone know if you can do this more than once? I only stacked 2 years initially, can I top it up with the same technique?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone know if you can do this more than once? I only stacked 2 years initially, can I top it up with the same technique?

No, it's one and done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just picked this up for PC only, as I've finally went and splashed the €20 to get my PC online again (wireless dongle). No intention of being competitive on it, just wanted to really play the exclusives without having to get the Xbone. My PC does need some upgrading, specifically a GPU as my HD 7580 v2 just won't cut it anymore. Any recommendations? Thinking of getting a 1060ti, budget of €200, €250 max. Anything I need to ensure that it will work with my setup? This is what I have. Could probably do with a RAM upgrade too.

Couldn't pass up the €1 offer now that i've access to t'internetz again. And €3.99/month instead of €9.99. Wonder is that forever or limited. Couldn't see anything saying it would be limited to 12 months, just per month after the €1.

• Advertisement

Just picked this up for PC only, as I've finally went and splashed the €20 to get my PC online again (wireless dongle). No intention of being competitive on it, just wanted to really play the exclusives without having to get the Xbone. My PC does need some upgrading, specifically a GPU as my HD 7580 v2 just won't cut it anymore. Any recommendations? Thinking of getting a 1060ti, budget of €200, €250 max. Anything I need to ensure that it will work with my setup? This is what I have. Could probably do with a RAM upgrade too.

Couldn't pass up the €1 offer now that i've access to t'internetz again. And €3.99/month instead of €9.99. Wonder is that forever or limited. Couldn't see anything saying it would be limited to 12 months, just per month after the €1.

You'd get a 1660 for that price range in Nvidia, if you can stretch to €300 you'd get an RTX 2060.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You'd get a 1660 for that price range in Nvidia, if you can stretch to €300 you'd get an RTX 2060.

Stop tempting me... I could stretch I suppose. Damn it.

Also, if anyone has a link to help me OC my i5 3570K, I'd appreciate that. I have no knowledge of this and don't want to add too much of an additional cost. I just saw that the recommended CPU for Two Point Hospital is basically the same as my stock (i5 6600) and my GPU is better than min recommended, so not too pushed on OC, but I'd imagine I'd need it for other games.

Edit: Had a quick look, and most games I'd be interested in trying I meet the recommended spec. Even have the min for The Outer Worlds, but might wait for the upgrade to play that. Seems my CPU is still quite good.

Final question I can't seem to find the answer to. How do MS track this? Like, what's stopping me from giving my log in details to a mate to use on his laptop/desktop? I think I can, but we can't play simultaneously? (I'm thinking my nephew, as he's already using my steam family share).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Been playing The Banner Saga last few days, enjoying it until I got to the last battle lastnight and the difficulty spike is ridiculous ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

maximoose wrote: »
    Been playing The Banner Saga last few days, enjoying it until I got to the last battle lastnight and the difficulty spike is ridiculous ffs

Really super games. Great characters and story and the combat is rewarding when you plan it properly. It does get very tough though. I really have to go back to the games, there is to much to play at the moment as usual :confused:

I see Control was added to PS Now for March. Wonder what effect that will have on the possibility of it coming to GP anytime soon. I'd doubt they will have it pop up on both MS and Sony subscription services around the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

skerry wrote: »
    I see Control was added to PS Now for March. Wonder what effect that will have on the possibility of it coming to GP anytime soon. I'd doubt they will have it pop up on both MS and Sony subscription services around the same time.

Probably be similar to the Sky (NOW TV) / Netflix / Amazon Prime movie cycle. the big films cycle through them, leaving one and appearing on another (eg Shadow of the Tomb Raider is also coming to PS Now in March, and I think it just left Game pass ?- open to correction, edit and GTA V left PS Now and appeared on game pass soon after), and some games will be available on both simultaneously (e.g. Vampyr is on both).

So, i'd consider Control a 'biggie' - so probably coming to Game pass in September

Niska wrote: »
    Probably be similar to the Sky (NOW TV) / Netflix / Amazon Prime movie cycle. the big films cycle through them, leaving one and appearing on another (eg Shadow of the Tomb Raider is also coming to PS Now in March, and I think it just left Game pass ?- open to correction, edit and GTA V left PS Now and appeared on game pass soon after), and some games will be available on both simultaneously (e.g. Vampyr is on both).

So, i'd consider Control a 'biggie' - so probably coming to Game pass in September

Might have to avail of that free trial of PS Now so and Blitz it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

They have severely cut the amount of rewards you can get from the quests.

Was too good to be true I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CatInABox wrote: »
    Welcome to the best gaming deal going. You can stack three years of gold, then convert to GPU. Incredible deal.
    Is this still going ? My ultimate just ran out (had it on the 1 Euro upgrade from a good while ago) and my PayPal just got hit for 12.99 for 1 month

• Advertisement

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Is this still going ? My ultimate just ran out (had it on the 1 Euro upgrade from a good while ago) and my PayPal just got hit for 12.99 for 1 month

Yeah, afaik you can. You will need to wait until your current Ultimate sub elapses(turn off auto renew) and pay full price for the additional month of ultimate though.

Anyone noticing a lull? I know were in the E3 run in and next gen run in, but theres plenty of old games that could be blitzing game pass. I actually would have expected it to be honest, making it a must have service coming into the next gen. As it is, I'd have doubts I'd pay the full yearly price, it's looking more like a dip in dip out service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yeah, afaik you can. You will need to wait until your current Ultimate sub elapses(turn off auto renew) and pay full price for the additional month of ultimate though.
    Thanks - so basically I need to turn off auto-renew and then wait for 1 month for what I have just paid for to expire - then I can try it - is that correct ?

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Thanks - so basically I need to turn off auto-renew and then wait for 1 month for what I have just paid for to expire - then I can try it - is that correct ?

Afaik that is correct.

Gambling 2K20 and Train Sim World 2020 are being added to console tomorrow.

Ori and the Will of the Wisp next Wednesday and Pikuniku Next Thursday.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1235203748030320642?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cant wait for Ori, I'm quite in the mood for some excellent platforming.

• Advertisement

Still haven't played the first one yet despite getting it free twice and it being on gamepass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Loved the first Ori until you had to start bouncing off enemies and projectiles, it turned more frustrating than fun

I dont get why they made Ori so difficult. Its as if it somehow makes it a better game?! It just frustrates the hell out of you until you stop playing, it makes no sense.

I hope Will of the Wisps is dialled down a couple of notches. It would still be a fantastic game without being so difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ori is one of my favourite games of the generation, can't wait to play the sequel

maximoose wrote: »
    Ori is one of my favourite games of the generation, can't wait to play the sequel

So you're saying you actually enjoyed climbing the Ginso tree? It's pure sado masochism :-p

• Advertisement
Advertisement