Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Dozyart wrote: »
    If you fiddle with the screen contrast on your phone etc a message appears under her name : The Slayer Is Coming

Must be a new Buffy game coming soon :pac::pac::pac:

Something to do with Doom?

Doomguy, also referred to as the Doom Marine and Doom Slayer in later installments of the franchise

They already had 2 Doom games on Game Pass IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Doom Eternal coming to gamepass soon maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

would only be a surprise if it didn't. surely it is just a matter of when.

I would have assumed Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonoured, Fallout etc would all hit gamepass now they are (or will be soon) first party titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Doom is already on Gamespass, one of the modern ones anyway, I'm sure Wolfenstein has been too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm guessing then that it'll be The Ancient Gods DLC available day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AH92

Does the upgrade to ultimate game pass for 1 euro deal ever get pulled by microsoft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hurrache wrote: »
    Doom is already on Gamespass, one of the modern ones anyway, I'm sure Wolfenstein has been too.

Prey used to be on there too.

AH92 wrote: »
    Does the upgrade to ultimate game pass for 1 euro deal ever get pulled by microsoft?

Word on the street (not really) is that Gold will be phased out soon and only Gamepass will be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Question, I have nine months left on gpu, could I cancel my current subscription buy 36 months gold again and just buy a month of game pass ultimate,

Someone also said a few weeks back ( I think on reddit) that when you got the series x you game pass would be converted down, so if you had nine months it would be 4.5 or something like that, I could have completely misread what they meant or not understand it, it could be bs, anyone read anything like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Hococop wrote: »
    Question, I have nine months left on gpu, could I cancel my current subscription buy 36 months gold again and just buy a month of game pass ultimate

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you can only get a refund if the cancellation occurs in the first 30 days. Otherwise, cancelling the subscription simply means you won't renew it, so whatever is paid remains active for that duration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Hococop wrote: »
    Question, I have nine months left on gpu, could I cancel my current subscription buy 36 months gold again and just buy a month of game pass ultimate,

Exact same position here, can't see a way to cancel and have an awful feeling I'll miss the great conversion deal again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭scottigael

Probably best bet is to make a new account and do the whole 36 month thing, god only knows how long the 1 euro offer will last. I renewed on the day it was first available back in June 2019 because people said it wouldn't last the length of e3, but here it is still going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

scottigael wrote: »
    Probably best bet is to make a new account and do the whole 36 month thing, god only knows how long the 1 euro offer will last. I renewed on the day it was first available back in June 2019 because people said it wouldn't last the length of e3, but here it is still going.

Is it possible to move games between accounts? Ownership, not saves

hots wrote: »
    Is it possible to move games between accounts? Ownership, not saves

Something I've been looking into recently. I'm in the exact same boat as this guy. My current membership ends the middle of next year. My son doesn't have any subscriptions so contemplating going the 3 years with his.

Or a more recent one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Hi chaps

My gold and gamer pass is due to end at the end of OCT , foolishly I let it roll on to Auto renewal and paid 12.99 for Oct .

I just redeemed 12 months of gold from Brazil and when I check my subscriptions it’s saying

Gold active till 21/02/21
    Gamer pass active till 21/02/21

Any idea why I didn’t get a full year I double checked with cd keys it’s a full year I bought .

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hi chaps

My gold and gamer pass is due to end at the end of OCT , foolishly I let it roll on to Auto renewal and paid 12.99 for Oct .

I just redeemed 12 months of gold from Brazil and when I check my subscriptions it’s saying

Gold active till 21/02/21
    Gamer pass active till 21/02/21

Any idea why I didn’t get a full year I double checked with cd keys it’s a full year I bought .

Cheers

You have to let GPU expire before you can stack Gold subs again. If GPU is stil active it converts Gold subs to 4 months GPU iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

**** .. so my 12 month gold Just downgraded itself ?

Can I not get my 12 month gold as I input ?

Cheers

Cheers

Not sure, maybe contact them.

At least you still got 4 months GPU for a fair bit cheaper than MS want to charge you. I would wait until 22/02/21 before redeeming any more though - hopefully XBL still exists by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Cheers

Not being smart or anything, but this was all well documented in the last 2-3 pages of this thread. You need to leave your sub expire, to get the(XBLG) 1:1(GPU) ratio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,637 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sorry for being lazy here folks, just want to be clear.. my ultimate expired last week, currently have nothing on the box.. i have a 12 month live code, if I put that in can I update to ultimate then for a euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Trigger wrote: »
    Sorry for being lazy here folks, just want to be clear.. my ultimate expired last week, currently have nothing on the box.. i have a 12 month live code, if I put that in can I update to ultimate then for a euro?

You’ll probably have to pay the full Ultimate cost for one month (15) since you’ve already had Ultimate, but the live will upgrade with that one month payment. I’d strongly strongly recommend buying two more years of Live (Brazilian is cheapest) prior to upgrading though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Trigger wrote: »

Have you previously used the €1 upgrade option? If not then your good to go but should try stack at least 24 months before upgrading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

TW_ComingSoon_MixedPlatform_9.29.jpg?w=1200

About damn time for Forza 7. Nice to see Double Fines older games starting to appear as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Got Carrion going.

Ok so far, controls are a bit off.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pinking

I'm just praying they add the new FABLE game into game pass from launch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

pinking wrote: »

It will be. All first party Microsoft Games are on Game Pass from day 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

They will, they've said a few times that all first party games will be on Game Pass day one.

EA Play coming to Gamepass November 10th.

EDIT: Seems if you have an active EA Play sub that will convert to ultimate at a 3:1 ratio play:ultimate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 BigGpu380

Do you think UPlay might ever make its way to gamepass? I think that would really supplement it greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Buttros

Dont see it. Uplay is 15 eur a month with no annual option I think. A whole different beast to the regular ea play.

Also dont know of any plans to bring it to consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pinking

It will be. All first party Microsoft Games are on Game Pass from day 1.

I just read that the game is rumoured to be in early development and won't be released until late 2021?! If that's true, why release the trailer so soon as part of the xbox series x games that were announced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I just read that the game is rumoured to be in early development and won't be released until late 2021?! If that's true, why release the trailer so soon as part of the xbox series x games that were announced.

That's just how it works, I'm afraid. To be honest, late 2021 is probably optimistic in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Buttros wrote: »
    Dont see it. Uplay is 15 eur a month with no annual option I think. A whole different beast to the regular ea play.

Also dont know of any plans to bring it to consoles

It's coming soon to Stadia and also going to be part of Amazon's Luna.

Not sure that you'd call them "consoles" or not :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well as you say it was part of the Xbox Series X games that were announced and there were no dates given on any of them.

So they showed it to announce it was being developed.

If the game was launching soon it would have been announced before and we'd know all about it.

It's then normal to expect the game to take 1-2 years to be released.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Doom Eternal is available now, just FYI.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Doom Eternal is available now, just FYI.

I almost want to wait until the Series X arrives. And given it's for Christmas for the 'kids', it'll be a long wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Treppen

You can get cloud gaming on the nvidia aswell, but yould want a super smooth connection.

I tried sideloading the nvidia gamepass version onto my mibox s and it just about worked but lost connection too many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I can't even stream TV very well on a chromecast wouldn't even bother with Xbox games lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Dumb question time here...

So my Xbox Live Gold is about to run out. When it runs out I believe I can stack 3 years of Gold by buying it cheap from somewhere like CDKeys (€44.19 for 12 months at the moment).

I can then convert that to Game Pass by upgrading for €1, resulting in 37 months of Game Pass. So essentially over 3 years of Game Pass for €133.57 at current prices?

Any catches and do we know when this option will expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Has anyone bought the 12 month Live Brazil codes from Eneba? I'm about to give it a go but just want to make sure it's a legit site before splashing on the 2 x 12 codes.
    Thanks.

So my Xbox Live Gold is about to run out. When it runs out I believe I can stack 3 years of Gold by buying it cheap from somewhere like CDKeys (€44.19 for 12 months at the moment).

I can then convert that to Game Pass by upgrading for €1, resulting in 37 months of Game Pass. So essentially over 3 years of Game Pass for €133.57 at current prices?

I think they are going to get rid of gold soon enough, that's just a feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Treppen wrote: »
    I think they are going to get rid of gold soon enough, that's just a feeling.

That's a mad offer. Have a Xbox One and PS4. Have to say that is tempting me to jump on the Game Pass bandwagon and to consider upgrading to a Series X as well.

• Advertisement

Has anyone bought the 12 month Live Brazil codes from Eneba? I'm about to give it a go but just want to make sure it's a legit site before splashing on the 2 x 12 codes.
    Thanks.

I've bought codes off them before with no issues.

That's a mad offer. Have a Xbox One and PS4. Have to say that is tempting me to jump on the Game Pass bandwagon and to consider upgrading to a Series X as well.

If you adverts/cash in your PS4 with games then trade up your Xbox one you'd probably only spend a few quid more for an X. You might lose all your PS4 friends though :(

Thanks.
    I've bought codes off them before with no issues.

I can vouch for this too. I bought my codes there, a few weeks back. No issues and instant delivery.

Many have already done it. You can probably get the xbl codes cheaper tbh

theteal wrote: »
    Many have already done it. You can probably get the xbl codes cheaper tbh

Eneba seem to be the cheapest (€29.89) for 12 months Brazilian,the last month or more. The prices have dropped to €25 before on CDKeys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement