Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Pre-ordered the Series S there the other day, skipped last gen and was exclusively on PC, decided with the value of the S (and with no interest in 4K) and Game Pass Ultimate (which I get the benefit of on both platforms) it was a no brainer and will be nice to have as a second machine capable of playing anything I missed in the XB1 cycle. Feels like it's going to be a grim few months as well so decided to treat myself.

Thanks to all in here highlighting the Gold - GPU trick. I signed up to the €1 trial last year when it launched on PC and didn't think that would work this time around and was intending to just get a 12 month GPU pass (which is still good value in its own right) but once I saw in here it was still working I got 2 years Brazil Gold and to my surprise the €1 upgrade still worked (didn't have to pay €13 even though I used the €1 trial last year). €60 for 26 months is absolutely fantastic value!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered the Series S there the other day, skipped last gen and was exclusively on PC, decided with the value of the S (and with no interest in 4K) and Game Pass Ultimate (which I get the benefit of on both platforms) it was a no brainer and will be nice to have as a second machine capable of playing anything I missed in the XB1 cycle. Feels like it's going to be a grim few months as well so decided to treat myself.

Thanks to all in here highlighting the Gold - GPU trick. I signed up to the €1 trial last year when it launched on PC and didn't think that would work this time around and was intending to just get a 12 month GPU pass (which is still good value in its own right) but once I saw in here it was still working I got 2 years Brazil Gold and to my surprise the €1 upgrade still worked (didn't have to pay €13 even though I used the €1 trial last year). €60 for 26 months is absolutely fantastic value!

How did you get a Brazil code to work for this? I've pre ordered a series x and was planning to just go standard EU sub for stock it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    How did you get a Brazil code to work for this? I've pre ordered a series x and was planning to just go standard EU sub for stock it up

It's been mentioned a few times in the thread:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114696394&postcount=1395

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

First time over to Xbox with preorder for the Series S. Signed up for Live on CD Keys for 3 years. When I added the first 2 years it added a month on for free. It then wouldn't accept the 3rd years sub. I suppose I'll just have to wait for 2 months before adding the 3rd on, and the €1 is gone. I have that for 2 years, rather than 3. Sound about right?

whiterebel wrote: »
    First time over to Xbox with preorder for the Series S. Signed up for Live on CD Keys for 3 years. When I added the first 2 years it added a month on for free. It then wouldn't accept the 3rd years sub. I suppose I'll just have to wait for 2 months before adding the 3rd on, and the €1 is gone. I have that for 2 years, rather than 3. Sound about right?

I'd get onto the Xbox support chat and see if they'll sort it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

whiterebel wrote: »

If you had a look on here, just the last few pages. You could have seen that
    eneba.com are the cheapest for 12 Months Brazilian XBL Gold at just under €30.Not that it matters now, but for future reference.

Someone else suggested you contact xbox about it. But it's probably best not to, if you're using the Brazil XBLG Keys on your Irish account. Just saying.
    Also when you add each 12 month XBLG you turn off auto renew for each code.
    Then you get a free month for each code. Meaning you'd have 26 months GPU.

That leads me to probably the reason you can't stack your third XBLG code.

You added 25 months with your first two XBLG codes and you can only stack 3
    years at a time. So I think that's what you are getting at, when you said you'd leave two months expire? Yes it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

grimm2005 wrote: »

Beautiful, thank you! I must give this a whirl

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

bazzz wrote: »
    If you had a look on here, just the last few pages. You could have seen that
    eneba.com are the cheapest for 12 Months Brazilian XBL Gold at just under €30.Not that it matters now, but for future reference.

Someone else suggested you contact xbox about it. But it's probably best not to, if you're using the Brazil XBLG Keys on your Irish account. Just saying.
    Also when you add each 12 month XBLG you turn off auto renew for each code.
    Then you get a free month for each code. Meaning you'd have 26 months GPU.

That leads me to probably the reason you can't stack your third XBLG code.

You added 25 months with your first two XBLG codes and you can only stack 3
    years at a time. So I think that's what you are getting at, when you said you'd leave two months expire? Yes it should be fine.

Thanks. I did read through a lot of this thread, but its all a bit daunting for a newbie. I decided to just get the EU version from CD keys as there didn’t seem a big enough price difference for the messing around. Its great value even at what I paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yeah you can only stack 36 months so if going for 3 years of xbl subs, dont tick the auto-renew box. We've been advising people who've already wasted their €£1 upgrade offer to buy 2 years and tick the box, then add a month of GPU to upgrade over (which totals 27 months). In your case, yes just wait two month to redeem your last xbl sub and then do the €£1 upgrade to GPU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

theteal wrote: »
    Yeah you can only stack 36 months so if going for 3 years of xbl subs, dont tick the auto-renew box. We've been advising people who've already wasted their €£1 upgrade offer to buy 2 years and tick the box, then add a month of GPU to upgrade over (which totals 27 months). In your case, yes just wait two month to redeem your last xbl sub and then do the €£1 upgrade to GPU

So i have Gold now until August 2022, i am going to buy another 12 months before in November to take it to August 2023, i have done the £1 before. So when I redeem the code in November i untick the auto renewal and buy one month of Ultimate game pass and that should do the upgrade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So i have Gold now until August 2022, i am going to buy another 12 months before in November to take it to August 2023, i have done the £1 before. So when I redeem the code in November i untick the auto renewal and buy one month of Ultimate game pass and that should do the upgrade?

It should.

It won't let you stack over 36 months. So the best way to work it in your situation would be to land yourself on 35 months of XBL and then get a 1 month GPU sub which will then convert you on to 36 months of GPU.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/10/report-xbox-game-streaming-will-land-on-ios-in-2021-using-web-workaround/

An xCloud PWA is on the horizon as a solution to the iOS apo store problem. A Progressive Web App is basically a website designed to look and feel like an app. It runs full screen in a browser container which you can pin to your home screen.

More interestingly, it doesn't target any specific platform. Its a website, so any modern browser on any device can use it. This could mean xCloud on Playstation and Nintendo Switch and even OG xbox one (not sure if x360 browser is up to date enough?)

Also mentions that a Windows 10 app is coming next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

You can stack 3 years of EA Play for under €30, will covert to a years Game Pass Ultimate

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-ea-play-3-years-1-year-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-via-turkish-method-3559076?page=2#thread-comments

I bought two 100 TL vouchers here, cost about €26 using Revolut

https://www.oyunfor.com/xbox-microsoft/xbox-hediye-karti-tl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Sorry if this has been answered already in the thread, its a big thread and hard to find stuff at this point.

I have Gamepass ultimate until early 2022 and I did the €1 gold convert to gamepass ultimate deal already.

So can I buy another year of Gold and top up what I already have by another year?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

wes wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered already in the thread, its a big thread and hard to find stuff at this point.

I have Gamepass ultimate until early 2022 and I did the €1 gold convert to gamepass ultimate deal already.

So can I buy another year of Gold and top up what I already have by another year?

No the ultimate needs to be expired. If you redeem the gold while ultimate is running it will convert (don't know what the ratio is 1:3? 1:4:?)

At least that's how I understand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

No the ultimate needs to be expired. If you redeem the gold while ultimate is running it will convert (don't know what the ratio is 1:3? 1:4:?)

At least that's how I understand it.

Ah thanks for the clarification! Oh well no big deal. I do have it till 2022.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

xtal191 wrote: »
    You can stack 3 years of EA Play for under €30, will covert to a years Game Pass Ultimate

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-ea-play-3-years-1-year-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-via-turkish-method-3559076?page=2#thread-comments

I bought two 100 TL vouchers here, cost about €26 using Revolut

https://www.oyunfor.com/xbox-microsoft/xbox-hediye-karti-tl

Did this myself and got the cards added to my account but it won't let me subscribe, keep getting an error when I try even though there is enough credit on the account. I'll give it a few days and try again but if it doesn't work at least it was only €28.

I bought two 12 month codes on eneba and I'm being told they are already redeemed. So I submitted a ticket to eneba for replacements. :/

• Advertisement

I bought two 12 month codes on eneba and I'm being told they are already redeemed. So I submitted a ticket to eneba for replacements. :/

I've only used them twice before and never had any issues. I've never seen any complaints of this issue happening to others. Hopefully they'll resolve it ASAP.

I've only used them twice before and never had any issues. I've never seen any complaints of this issue happening to others. Hopefully they'll resolve it ASAP.

They were quick to reply, a refund has been issued and they said the issue was:
    "I was just notified by our suppliers that some of the keys have been marked as faulty, therefor we are reaching out to you to let you know that your key has been confirmed to be part of the faulty stock."

They also said the remaining codes on the site are ok as the issue was just with one supplier.

When I get the refund I'll try again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

They were quick to reply, a refund has been issued and they said the issue was:
    "I was just notified by our suppliers that some of the keys have been marked as faulty, therefor we are reaching out to you to let you know that your key has been confirmed to be part of the faulty stock."

They also said the remaining codes on the site are ok as the issue was just with one supplier.

When I get the refund I'll try again :o

Bought 2 12 month codes off them yesterday and had no issues so seems like a one off

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Most excellent, the Lucasarts remasters of Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, and Full Throttle are coming to Gamepass this month.

https://twitter.com/TimOfLegend/status/1317197376587587584

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

So my 1 euro game spass deal ran out bought 2 years xbox live entered the codes, got the one month games pass entered code and got attempting to downgrade your existing subscription. Anyone else come across this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

So my 1 euro game spass deal ran out bought 2 years xbox live entered the codes, got the one month games pass entered code and got attempting to downgrade your existing subscription. Anyone else come across this problem?

Just get onto support who will sort that for you.

It's some sort of bug that has your game pass still showing as active on your account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Tried it again this morning and it worked, it must need a while to expire even tho it said it on the screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Rainbow 6 Siege is coming to gamepass on October 22nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Seems EA play games are available to download now and play unless I'm crazy got FIFA 20 going here at he moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seems EA play games are available to download now and play unless I'm crazy got FIFA 20 going here at he moment

FIfa 20 has been available for months.

Fifa 21 has 10 hour trail but will be free next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm currently playing Mass Effect and never played it before and I am loving it. Free as well on Game Pass and so is the second and third due to EA access. So I have a tonne to play over the next while.

Graphics aren't great on my 4k tv though and if I was to read old posts from release everyone comments how good the graphics are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

murpho999 wrote: »
    FIfa 20 has been available for months.

Fifa 21 has 10 hour trail but will be free next year.

Yes but I don't own FIFA 20 and my EA play sub expired in July yet all EA play games are available to me

Yes but I don't own FIFA 20 and my EA play sub expired in July yet all EA play games are available to me

They are on Game Pass now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

They are on Game Pass now.

They aren’t meant to be available until November 10th

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm currently playing Mass Effect and never played it before and I am loving it. Free as well on Game Pass and so is the second and third due to EA access. So I have a tonne to play over the next while.

Graphics aren't great on my 4k tv though and if I was to read old posts from release everyone comments how good the graphics are.

Excellent games, there's a good step up in graphics on the second one, but that's because they reduced the scope of it. A much better game as a result though, ME2 is one of my favourite games of all time.
    They aren’t meant to be available until November 10th

I've read elsewhere that it does seem to be available already though, so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭in2dark

Taken into consideration the change of remaining time from eapass to gamepass ultimate has anyone tried stacking up time to their current eapass?
    Im sooo much tempted to buy 2 years of ea for 45 euros that will convert to 8 months of gpu if im not wrong...

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

in2dark wrote: »
    Taken into consideration the change of remaining time from eapass to gamepass ultimate has anyone tried stacking up time to their current eapass?
    Im sooo much tempted to buy 2 years of ea for 45 euros that will convert to 8 months of gpu if im not wrong...

Any ideas?

I'm not sure if you can stll subscribe to EA Play.

But wouldn't the other method of stacking Xbox Gold work out better?

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you can stll subscruibe to EA Play.

But wouldn't the other method of stacking Xbox Gold work out better?

I have a current gpu and an ea.

I cannot buy gold i believe.

I can find ea pass on cdkeys for 23 a year. Also amazon sells them for 20 pounds

in2dark wrote: »
    I have a current gpu and an ea.

I cannot buy gold i believe.

I can find ea pass on cdkeys for 23 a year. Also amazon sells them for 20 pounds

How long is left on your subscription? Currently once your Sub expires, you can buy and stack up to 3 years of XBLG preferably the Brazilian version. Redeem it using a VPN on a browser.
    As it's much cheaper. Sites like CDkeys and Eneba are usually the cheapest.
    Then you can convert it to GPU for €12.99 and get 3 years of GPU/EA.

How long is left on your subscription? Currently once your Sub expires, you can buy and stack up to 3 years of XBLG preferably the Brazilian version. Redeem it using a VPN on a browser.

I have 1 year left of gpu and 4 months of ea

CatInABox wrote: »
    Excellent games, there's a good step up in graphics on the second one, but that's because they reduced the scope of it. A much better game as a result though, ME2 is one of my favourite games of all time.

I'm really enjoying it now more so than when I was a hour or two into it. They don't hold your hand either. You have to search yourself on where to go. The combat is difficult enough too and if you didn't save you are brought back a fair bit and have to do it all again but I now save as much as I can sometimes the save feature is greyed out which is annoying. And the camera spinning after you die is dizzying. I have a hold of the the menus and skill points. It took me a while before I got used them. I was just going through the menus and seen I had a tonne of skill points. I also have a hold of the unlocking crates or doors now at the start of the game (first level really) I messed up unlocking them a fair few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

One of my favourite series in gaming. First one hasn't aged well graphically but as mentioned above second and third are a big jump up. Think ME2 is my favourite. Must download them again.

Noticed when I clicked into gamepass on the console there's a weekly competition now. This week it's a Galaxy Note 20 ..... fingers crossed for me :)

All you have to do is enter and download the gamepass mobile app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

skerry wrote: »
    One of my favourite series in gaming. First one hasn't aged well graphically but as mentioned above second and third are a big jump up. Think ME2 is my favourite. Must download them again.

Loved them all but took time off from Andromeda. Might go back some day. It's massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭breeno

Signed up to GPU last night. When I look at EA Play it's asking me to take out another sub for that and not letting me play or install the games as part of my GPU sub. Presume I have to wait until November when it officially launches? Was hoping it would work when I saw posters above saying they normally had EA Play included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

breeno wrote: »
    Signed up to GPU last night. When I look at EA Play it's asking me to take out another sub for that and not letting me play or install the games as part of my GPU sub. Presume I have to wait until November when it officially launches? Was hoping it would work when I saw posters above saying they normally had EA Play included.
    EA Play will be part of Game Pass Ultimate from 10. November according to Microsoft. If you have any EA Play in an existing subscription at that point, over 50 days, it will transfer to be part of you GPU subscription at a rate of 3:1.

Anyone looking for Xbox Live codes?

I have 3 Brazilian ones there if anyone wants to buy them? Cost me 90 quid will show you the receipt. Sell them all for 70 or 25 each. Revolut job.

I have a series s pre-ordered as I wanted it for gamepass but going to cancel it as I have a ps5 ordered too and I know I won't play both.

Plus that 1tb drive for extra storage they are selling put me right off seeing as it costs the same as the console :D bastids

Might as well buy the X for the same price down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

I have 3 Brazilian ones there if anyone wants to buy them? Cost me 90 quid will show you the receipt. Sell them all for 70 or 25 each. Revolut job.

I have a series s pre-ordered as I wanted it for gamepass but going to cancel it as I have a ps5 ordered too and I know I won't play both.

Plus that 1tb drive for extra storage they are selling put me right off seeing as it costs the same as the console :D bastids

Sent you a PM.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

2 Sold

1 code left there if anyone wants one - 25 Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I thought you could only do this one per account?

• Advertisement

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I thought you could only do this one per account?

Nope, have a look back through the thread. You can only use the special £€1 upgrade offer once but once your GPU sub has expired, you can stack XBLG again and convert by just buying/redeeming a 1 month sub of GPU

Advertisement